Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    20 trillion in debt, eh? Who the fuck is going to collect it from us? Nobody, that's who. We don't have debt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Actually, I am pretty sure you would find out VERY, VERY quickly that the rest of the world has very very little need for the US if push comes to shove.
    if you want to put it that way we can all just regress into semi-tribalism and go back into living in our only little spheres of influence like in the 1600-1900's.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    That would probably the biggest mistake Cali would/could ever make. Not that it will ever happen. It would actually be kind of funny to see though.
    I member when people on these forums were saying the same about Catalunha some weeks ago. Funny how things change.

Not that i'm saying it will happen

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if you want to put it that way we can all just regress into semi-tribalism and go back into living in our only little spheres of influence like in the 1600-1900's.
    Globalism will never allow that to happen. Ever. Those days are done. Which makes Trumps rhetoric about America first even more hilarious, because it will not work. You can not run an isolationist me-first policy in the modern world.

Well i hate to say it but Americans are retarded.

They don't want free health care because "omg communism"

They want to horde guns and ammo because "holy shit, neighbor ain't white!"

and

The internet is the god of all things! Let's imitate the internet in real life because "too much TV"

A massive shift in consciousness needs to happen because right now, your country is being left behind. I mean China has already made a commitment to ban diesel powered cars by 2030... i'll be ALIVE at that time...

Get your shit together, America. The world is moving on without you.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes and then there are Americans preaching against Globalism..

American, you DO fucking understand that Globalism is the first step to living in a futuristic Utopian world where the human race has moved past it's petty differences and ready to be contacted by life from distant planets.

You know every time you see a movie about the future where countries have been abolished and there is one world government and everyone lives in peace, harmony and futuristic strip bars?

THAT IS THE GOAL OF GLOBALISM YOU DUMB TRASH CANS

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    by collapse, do you mean states going as independent nations or a civil insurrection against oligarchy?

fascinating enough, if california decide to be independant, it would be the 8th economy of the world, get into G8 (which i guess would be renamed G9) and could really thrive without having to shoulder the failling economy of more rural states of the US.

California, it's hollywood, it's silicon valley, it's a massive economy.
    That is to assume the US would just let it go. Didn't work out so well for the confederacy when they tried to leave either.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Texas can afford to be 'low tax, low service' because there are actually taxpaying states to buffer it with. Oil isn't a solid thing to build your economy on.
    Fun fact, Texas is one of only a few "Red" states that pays more taxes to the Federal Government than it receives in aid. Texas is one of those "buffer states". Our economy is a lot more robust than oil. We're huge in the Tech industry.

Hope not, about to build a house!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    That is to assume the US would just let it go. Didn't work out so well for the confederacy when they tried to leave either.
    Conservos would be so torn, since they'd be instinctively biased to cheer for California as soon as they seceded, while still hating California on general principle.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    A civil war will happen well before any collapse happens.
    I think the OP would classify that as the same thing. Not being snarky, just sayin' - I would, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    The only nation that has been doing any raping and pillaging since WW2 is the US, which is much more hated worldwide than the EU ever was. But your post is very american. ''We are the best fuck yall''. When in reality you are the dumbest and fattest nation alive. And your country is falling apart by the day.

(Infracted)
    sad people can be brain washed to believe like this. oh well. read your happiness report and stay in ignorant bliss.

Not sure about inevitable, but I don't see how a global capitalist society like this is going to sustain itself when it's so fucking top heavy.

I don't see a collapse any time soon, but a decline of some sorts is inevitable as it has been for all empires and super powers throughout history.

There simply comes a time when aspiration and hunger fade to self-satisfied back-patting and looking inward, and first traction and then forward momentum are lost.

That's not to say there's an irreversible current decline, necessarily. There can be a rally at any point if people get off their asses and get motivated again.

Our fiat currency is no longer based on gold, a number is just a number. The US will be fine, but get ready for a loaf of bread going for $10 in 20 to 30 years. Hopefully our pay triples to match that.

If you have your money in savings, you are doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We'll just default on the debt, f'ck em. What are they going to do about it?

And the next day we'll borrow a trillion dollars from someone.
    Why the hell would anyone want to borrow to someone who doesn't pay his debts, lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We'll just default on the debt, f'ck em. What are they going to do about it?

And the next day we'll borrow a trillion dollars from someone.
    spoken like someone who flunked or never took a single economics class. have fun getting anyone to loan an untrustworthy nation any money at all.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Because the debt is 20 trillion now and still increasing. If you tax the rich and corporations more to help pay off the national debt, then they either move away or cut millions of jobs. If you cut taxes on the rich and raise taxes on everyone else, then income inequality grows even more and regular people suffer. There is literally no way out.
    Does the debt mean anything in the end? Who would come to collect it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.. No, the US is not heading towards a collapse. Stop being a DQ!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7956796.html

“Whenever I hear people talk pessimistically about this country, I think they’re out of their mind,” Mr Buffett, the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, said on Tuesday night.

Now, let's see. Should we believe the idiot on MMOC forums or one of the most successful men in the world....

Stop with the doom and gloom.. Get outa the basement and go to work.
    Last edited by Fayenoor; 2017-10-23 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    • 20 trillion in debt translates to over 100k debt for every single person in the work force 155 - 160 million people.
    • College debt is already skyrocketing and the price of college is still going up.
    • Worker pay has stagnated over the last 20 year.
    • Income inequality higher than when we separated from England.
    • Job outsourcing and AI taking over is putting people out of work all over at a time when a college degree is essential for a basic job.
    • Rent costs are insane and increasing.
    • Climate change.
    • One single accident can bankrupt a person with healthcare costs.
    • Completely corrupt political sphere.
    • High imprisonment rates.
    • The failing economy is dividing people creating even more polarized politics and hinting at civil war.

I am not nation bashing, I am just seeing the reality of the big picture. There is no fix for the U.S. Its citizens are going to be hurting for a very long time.
    There is so much wrong with this statement, I don't even know where to begin.

Climate change for will have no impact on anything in any near term, so unless you are talking 100s of years this has no effect. I'm trying to understand what you mean by failing economy because it is not? One single accident can bankrupt a person, um welcome to any time in the last 100 years.

Actually the only thing on your list that is actually a direct short term threat to the U.S. as a whole is the development of A.I. but pretty sure that's not a regional problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I mean, if you compare it to third world shitholes it comes out looking pretty good.

Against its peers, not so much.
    What peers? USA is the most glorious country there ever was, all others are far, far below it in every respect.