Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Can we let the ToV-Logo just rest in pieces?
    Why, though? We haven't actually debunked it yet, so I think it's perfectly viable for discussion. As it stands, it has a lot more weight to it than several other theories going around, such as the "Storms of Kul Tiras" name based on the Christie Golden novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I still think it's fake, but I'll admit it looks great.
    It may well be fake, but I think it's very relevant to this thread until proven to be. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I would assume JainaKulTirasBlizzcon is the one that made it, since he/she always brings it up.
    No, but I'm thinking rationally about it and given how we tend to cling on to various leaks and clues in this thread, it makes no sense to me to throw this one away to casually. It came from a location where leaks usually come, it looks professionally made and thematically appropriate, and we have no evidence to prove it being fake as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It really isn't that good. Particularly since it's noticeably extremely low resolution (gee I wonder why).
    What's not good about it, in your opinion? The low resolution is more likely due to the fact that it's a photo which is uploaded on an image service that compresses images to keep the file size down. You can still tell that the original artwork is good.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't believe this is real, but is there any way to get a larger image of it?

if i could see the bottoms of the letters better, i could probably read it.
    I believe this is all we have, but if you zoom in you can clearly make out a lot of details.

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Every time someone puts one of these out someome always comments on how great it looks. As someone who has worked with Photoshop extensively, it is pretty poorly done. Look at the bottom of the letters, see that blue, that is a horrible job trying to fill the end of the letters with the color. It's clearly done with lack of care. Look at the blue background initself. It looks to be a actual graphic in motion, compare it to the frame of wow now, then to the background. What it appear to be done was someone took a screenshot of moving water, blacked everything else out besides what can fit into the wow logo, and went from there. The illusion of using a moving image (the water) and highlighting the bottom of the letters blue (poorly I might asd) gives off the apprence its the same graphic, but it's not, it's layered. Copied and pasted over. Take away the blue at the end of the letters and it would look completley diffrent. Also upon further evaluation, this would be the first time where the end of the C didn't almost perfectly fill in the little dip below it.
    It almost looks off centred. The more i look at it the more I see the flaws.
    Damn, now I see it and you're right, it looks awful! Thanks for that dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Every time someone puts one of these out someome always comments on how great it looks. As someone who has worked with Photoshop extensively, it is pretty poorly done. Look at the bottom of the letters, see that blue, that is a horrible job trying to fill the end of the letters with the color. It's clearly done with lack of care. Look at the blue background initself. It looks to be a actual graphic in motion, compare it to the frame of wow now, then to the background. What it appear to be done was someone took a screenshot of moving water, blacked everything else out besides what can fit into the wow logo, and went from there. The illusion of using a moving image (the water) and highlighting the bottom of the letters blue (poorly I might asd) gives off the apprence its the same graphic, but it's not, it's layered. Copied and pasted over. Take away the blue at the end of the letters and it would look completley diffrent. Also upon further evaluation, this would be the first time where the end of the C didn't almost perfectly fill in the little dip below it.
    It almost looks off centred. The more i look at it the more I see the flaws.
    That's a pretty poor analysis. I'm also rather familiar with Photoshop.

This looks like a high-resolution image which is possible being presented on screen with a slight animation to it (which later pauses for a static logo). I can imagine it appearing on screen at the end of a trailer where we've seen a stormy sea, so it makes sense to present it while animated.

The letters look great in my view; if you consider past fakes, you can tell it's poor quality because they've added a silly glow effect or a simple colour overlay to the letters. This one, however, simply blends into its background neatly like text does on the real logotypes.

You can also clearly tell there's a theme going on with the artwork; the colours are very reminiscent of stormy waters with a possible submerged light-source, akin to the pool of Yogg-saron in Ulduar.

Then we have the chain above the letters, and the sea weed around the frame, which look a lot more toned down and natural than the details on fakes like The Dark Below. It's like the entire logo is meant to make us think of a weather-beaten and possibly haunted or beleaguered sea-faring nation far out at sea, with stormy treacherous waters surrounding it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exloar View Post
    I am going to share an idea with you lot here.
    I believe, that voidelf is not a literal designation. It is an internal codename for Ethereals.
    To add to this, the gear that got leaked a couple days ago (the Sword and Shield, and the Off-Hand) has a colour scheme that matches (for the most part) the Ethereals' new models, a prime example being Locus Walker: This is naught but a theory, BUT, a possibility nonetheless.
    The colour is a weak match - even accounting for lighting etc., because the colours on the items are a lot more intense.

If Ethereals were internally called Void Elves, that would be pretty weird in the context of there being an actual void elf, which there is, unless the idea is that the Ethereals were once elves, and somehow became Ethereals.

Except, culturally, they have none of the Elven traits, and they're basically more akin to goblins, so that doesn't make much sense.

I think it's likely Void Elves ARE linked to Locus Walker, and his buddies, but not that they literally are Ethereals.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Let's be honest, the Horde these days is more defined as "Not the Alliance" than anything.

Doesn't suit the Alliance? "Suits the Horde better."
    That's how it's always been, to an extent, not just "these days". The Horde are, essentially, outsiders and rejects. That's kind of their theme. Nightborne would fit reasonably well. I could see ways to put them in the Alliance, but they're more of a Horde deal. IMHO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    The Horde is races banding together to find some stability in a world against them.
    Yep. This has been the theme of the Horde since day 1. Barbarism certainly has not been - they're barely more barbaric than the Alliance, if at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    With Kultiras getting scaled up to a full continent it certainly makes sense that a whole zone would be the city. Its a small island so divide the island into 5-8 zones and the city can definitely be a whole zone.
    No don't make any sense... that isle is microscopic, it's barely 1/4 of Valsharah.

Kul'tiras could be just a zone or a ghost city-state island... also, if we are about to embark in a sort of "South Sea" expansion based on pirates, naga, trolls... don't make any sense spend all the time exping in only one "continent" like Broken isle was...

IF we are sailing, the next expansion will be based on moving from zone to zone using some kind of new travel system.

There is no chance that we are stuck in Kul'tiras... expecially because we got to deal with Old gods, Azshara but is the same time we got this Void-light and life/death theme... none of that are related to Kul'tiras, but will lead us to different zone spread to the Azeroth.

Really, I don't understand why mostly of you are in love with the idea to stay on Kul'tiras, expecially after Broken isle, isn't more exciting exploring different isles/zones?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    What's not good about it, in your opinion? The low resolution is more likely due to the fact that it's a photo which is uploaded on an image service that compresses images to keep the file size down. You can still tell that the original artwork is good.
    Imgur can hold up to 20MB of JPEG.
    Consider the average resolution for a picture taken from even the cheapest phone.

This was downscaled to hide bad work. The same reason it is a photo. The same reason it is at a slight angle.

If you want to reread all the crap wrong with it you can do so here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47682370

As Scornedfury pointed out, the bottom highlight on the letters (cyan) looks like it was badly done in MS paint because it is so low quality.

The only good thing about this logo is the chain, and even that is poorly thought out because the wow logos are very intricate. Everything else is pretty much just copy pasted from old logos except the seaweed, which only looks good because you can barely make it out at that resolution.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    No don't make any sense... that isle is microscopic, it's barely 1/4 of Valsharah.
    And is almost twice the size of the Tol Barad isles together, and the Tol Barad isles on the chronicles map are smaller than Isle of QD, while in game similar sized, if not bigger. Meaning that the scale on maps deosn't matter when it comes to gameplay.

http://i.imgur.com/TAiuCka.jpg
    Last edited by Shadochi; 2017-10-23 at 09:18 AM.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    Almost rofl irl, for a second I got caught in your disillusion guys, remember this: there will not be any leaks about WoW expansion on this site.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    Almost rofl irl, for a second I got caught in your disillusion guys, remember this: there will not be any leaks about WoW expansion on this site.
    The non-riddle leak for Legion by Jericho21 was posted in the MMO-C hype thread first I believe.

The non-riddle leak for Legion by Jericho21 was posted in the MMO-C hype thread first I believe.
    Yep, Shadochi is right. And even if the leak pops up somewhere else, it will quickly be posted here as well by someone who saw it.

7+ Year Old Account
    And even if not posted here first, this is probably the discussion with most people in it, meaning higher chances to spot fakes and debunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Imgur can hold up to 20MB of JPEG.
    Consider the average resolution for a picture taken from even the cheapest phone.

This was downscaled to hide bad work. The same reason it is a photo. The same reason it is at a slight angle.

If you want to reread all the crap wrong with it you can do so here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47682370

As Scornedfury pointed out, the bottom highlight on the letters (cyan) looks like it was badly done in MS paint because it is so low quality.

The only good thing about this logo is the chain, and even that is poorly thought out because the wow logos are very intricate. Everything else is pretty much just copy pasted from old logos except the seaweed, which only looks good because you can barely make it out at that resolution.
    Leaks aren't exactly known for presenting material as it's intended to be experienced, are they? With text leaks, we get weird Chinese riddles which make no sense. With imagery you get rough images someone snapped in secret when they weren't supposed to. It's just how things work. Data-mining is the only instance where you tend to get good quality material, even if unfinished.

The argument about the supposedly MS Paint-level colouring of the bottom of the letters is nonsense imo. First of all, there's clearly supposed to be a submerged light-source that emanates a strong turquoise light, as seen on the bottom of the frame and the chain above the title. Second, if you look at the other details of the logo it makes no sense to accuse the author of the image of producing poor quality artwork. Look at the bottom left corner of the W, which has splashed water above it. Look at the seaweed slithering its way up the left and right frame of the logo, and hanging from the top. That's not the work of somebody who quickly splats on a blob of colour in MS Paint.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, Shadochi is right. And even if the leak pops up somewhere else, it will quickly be posted here as well by someone who saw it.
    Pretty much, the Book got posted hear withing minutes (i think) , and then on other sites. Same with the datamined chrraces entries.

Pretty much, the Book got posted hear withing minutes (i think) , and then on other sites. Same with the datamined chrraces entries.
    All leaks roads lead to MMO-Champion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    With text leaks, we get weird Chinese riddles which make no sense.
    Literally text leaks make no sense. /s

- - - Updated - - -

All leaks roads lead to MMO-Champion.
    Hmmm, "All leaks flow to MMO-C" sound a bit better (tho I know you were going for the Rome saying).

Brotherhood slogan?

- - - Updated - - -

This is still my favorite Legion leak response to date:

Wow, 20 pages overnight!
    ANything interesting going on?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Wow, 20 pages overnight!
    Just Kul'Tiras, book and subrace talk. And someone tried bringing up ToV logo again.

Brotherhood slogan?
    Haha let's work on it a little bit more!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Wow, 20 pages overnight!
    Some people are desperately trying to fit the supposed sub-races into the game without much success and there's a theory about an upcoming book making the rounds. A few people believe the expansion will be called something like Storms of Kul Tiras because the book is called something similar. Then we also have the relatively legit-looking Tides of Vengeance logo which many people will refuse to acknowledge since it has corners that look like the Legion logo and some colouring on the title which they feel looks amateurish.

This is still my favorite Legion leak response to date:

Mm, looking at the date on that leak. A 'real' leak might have very well been posted already some days/weeks ago and we all just stomped it into the ground as fake. Untill the announcement at Blizzcon ofcourse, then we will all be like Ooooh right!