Poll: What do you want to see most in the next expac?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Pandaren, Worgen and Goblin? They are far from unpopular. I see more of those than I've seen Draenei.
    No you don't. Unless you mean those 3 combined.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren, Worgen and Goblin? They are far from unpopular. I see more of those than I've seen Draenei.
    Imo i see more Draenei, but i would'nt say the 3 others are unpopular.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No you don't. Unless you mean those 3 combined.
    The fuck.... How do you know what I see? I hardly see any Draenei, aside from either Alliance shaman or NPC's. Aside from the female Draenei, that race simply isn't very popular.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The fuck.... How do you know what I see? I hardly see any Draenei, aside from either Alliance shaman or NPC's. Aside from the female Draenei, that race simply isn't very popular.
    Draenei is the 3rd most popular Alliance race. Pandas are the least popular on each faction. Goblins are the least popular horde race if you don't count pandas, 2nd least popular if you do. Worgen are 4th or 5th most popular on Alliance depending on if it's US or EU servers.

So, yeah, you should be seeing more draenei than any of the other races you mentioned.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have more customization on current races (with or without subraces) than new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer Subraces for every race IF it comes with a free race selection for at least 4 characters. I smell some "want 8 new subraces? np just use our service in the shop and give us your money".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    I would prefer Subraces for every race IF it comes with a free race selection for at least 4 characters. I smell some "want 8 new subraces? np just use our service in the shop and give us your money".
    I can see token spiking to 400k+ in EU in that case...

Deleted
    There are draenei around but compared to belf. They make up the majority of the horde. But i think vyrkul would be pretty popular in alliance
    Last edited by mmoce8ed29874f; 2017-10-23 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    But i think vyrkul would be pretty popular in alliance
    TBF, lore-wise Vrykul would prob join Horde because they despise humans...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well he said "aside from female Draenei". So he sees a lot of Draenei, they are just female and apparently those don't count?
    Draenei have males, eh? o_O Didn't know that...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Ethereals will be a new race for sure. Just not for the next expansion if the "leaks" are somewhat true. When we are going into outer space, then they'll join us. If Azeroth is the place to be in next expansion, it wouldn't make much sense.

If not their planet suddenly does get destroyed and they are crash landing into Azuremyst Isle and then joins the alliance. Whoops, been there.

Never know though, blizz has put a whole expansion out of their ass before, they can do magic!
    Ethereal story is only just beginning despite being 10 years in development, I'd love to see a playable faction but imo it only makes sense for a full off-world/void expansion, and not some pirate/naga/old god theme.

The Ethereum and Shadowguard both captured many creatures/races in bubbles and sent them off through their portals, while both meddling with the void to gain power as well.

Seeing a playable faction led by Nexus-Prince Haramad is certainly possible for let's say 9.0. Non-void corrupted.

Haramad even gives us back the Purple Ata'mal crystal after the questline,, telling us to give it to A'dal, so Haramad is certainly knowledgeable with Naaru, eventually that leads us, the players, to be able to storm Tempest keep.

Possibly see Void Lord Dimensius once again as well, even while we "killed" it in Netherstorm, I'm sure that was only a fragment of his power.

Seeing K'aresh as playble area, or at least a zone-fragment of it like Argus seems highly possible moving forward, nothing says it's "destroyed", and we see at least 2 enemy(Ethereum/Shadowguard) factions of ethereal and 2 friendly(Consortium/Protectorate) factions still in Lore.

Now obviously we killed the Nexus-King so the Ethereum operations were slowed down on Outland, but they can easily write filler-lore into the 10 year gap in a Chronicle v3 or v4 whatever.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-23 at 10:43 AM.

I think sub-races and overall more customization options are more valuable to the game and for more players.

There isn't any race that I feel is missing as playable. Sure I can see a few that are doable, but none that I feel are really important or make much sense to be playable (then again pandaren probably didn't, either, back then).

Also, a new race will be experienced by a very limited part of the playerbase. Most people will probably just have an alt on the new race to check the new zone, if anything, some might make a new main or race change a current character. On the other hand sub-races and more customization options will benefit literally everyone. And let's face it, as far as customization goes WoW is extremly poor compared to modern MMORPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated Goblin and Worgen.
    As awesome as subraces would be, the problem would be how you introduce them. Why would a Nightborne start in Darnassus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Updated Goblin and Worgen.
    As awesome as subraces would be, the problem would be how you introduce them. Why would a Nightborne start in Darnassus?
    not to mention do all subraces retain their counterparts racials or they all get different racials, that would be a big deciding factor

10+ Year Old Account
    Sub Races!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Well, the last 3 races added have been really unpopular. I think it's probably better to give additional customization to races people already like than to add more races that people won't play.

They are unpopular because they are not what people usually like. If they would add a race with the same body image as blood elves, humans and night elves, that race would be popular. Ethereals have that body shape(even if they dont have a body per se). People want something of a medium height and skinny to normal body size and a race that looks good in armor(on most less popular races shoulders and especially helmets look really bad).

Goblin is one of the least played races, I'm sure. More people would play worgen if they changed female worgen.

For me there is nothing more boring they could add(when it comes to races) than subraces. Even ogres is a better choice, and I really dislike the thought of adding ogres as a playable race.

Deleted
    People asking for lore reasons why sub races would start at for example troll/orc starting place. I see some sub races as potential immigrants so they've fled to said race.

It makes no sense to add 1 new race or even 2. Why not have sub races for the already popular races? Also disable racials, I'm tired of everyone being belf for silence etc :/ I want people to be what they really want to be. Also if subraces comes and/or further customization we need a free appearence change or atleast a few. If we are forced to pay for that people gonna lose their shit xD Blizzard is probably including one or two with the expansion purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Within that scope, subraces. They make more sense both lorewise and numberwise, and would mean that additional customisation that a lot of players seem to want.

Sub races all the way, we need more lore on the races and I'd much prefer to play variations of existin races i like adn find interesting rather than invest in something new i likely won't touch or bother with.

While I don't like the idea of nightborne on the horde in exchange high void elves on the alliance - it should be the other way round or minimum both factions should have this, sub-races is still a far more exciting and better direction than new races for now. In time I hope we'd actually get both.. sub-races coming frequently as you can add these in patches or with the class expansions, and also with a new race/races too

Why not both? Subraces and a new race.

But tbh, I don't think that subraces would be really that exciting. I am sure, that for most (or even more likely: all) races, it'll be just more skin colors and 1-2 unique features. And I don't think that we'd really get something unique with them.

Still, more customization options are always good and WoW is lacking in this regard for an MMO.