Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I created a quick Google doc that lists noteworthy events for those catching up (feel free to link it every now and then if people ask if they missed anything proper).

Might expand it to have other stuff in the future as well (post-BlizzCon). Everyone can leave comments/suggest edits on the doc if you have ideas/improvements. Please don't comment in this thread to not shit up the thread unnecessarily, if you can't comment on the doc for some reason just throw me a PM.

In other meta thread news, there are some people from the thread regularly visiting IRC (see my sig) and during big events like the ChrRaces.db2 stuff there will be some chatting in there as well.
    Omg thank you!

I will be bookmarking that page.

Deleted
    i like the ghost scourge sea crew idea

I created a quick Google doc that lists noteworthy events for those catching up (feel free to link it every now and then if people ask if they missed anything proper).

Might expand it to have other stuff in the future as well (post-BlizzCon). Everyone can leave comments/suggest edits on the doc if you have ideas/improvements. Please don't comment in this thread to not shit up the thread unnecessarily, if you can't comment on the doc for some reason just throw me a PM.

In other meta thread news, there are some people from the thread regularly visiting IRC (see my sig) and during big events like the ChrRaces.db2 stuff there will be some chatting in there as well.

Suggestion: Remove all

How am I not greatly surprised about that?

10+ Year Old Account

True mvp of mmo-champ. Thanks.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNorth View Post
    No its not.

Its expansion art by @GoldenYak

Formerly known as Arafal

I like how the doc is already going off track (referring to guy just writing vagina amongst other things)

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    I like how the doc is already going off track (referring to guy just writing vagina amongst other things)
    I'll probably restrict it to view only with a separate link that goes to my PM inbox or IRC for suggestions. I'll enable editing suggestions while I'm around, though.

Deleted
    inb4 tortollan monks with tmnt names

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Not from a lore perspective. Are there options out there? Sure. Does that mean that we should get Leper Gnomes or Frostborn Dwarves or Sand Trolls? No. The sub-races have to fit into the story of each faction and the lore for each race.

Alliance
    Draenei: Broken (Model/Skins) and Lightforged (Skin)
    Dwarf: Bronzebeard, Dark Iron, and Wildhammer
    Gnome: N/A
    Human: N/A
    Night Elf: Night Elf (Lowborne), Night Elf (Highborne), and "possibly" the Nightborne (personal preference would be for them to be a stand-alone race)
    Worgen: N/A

Horde
    Blood Elf: N/A
    Goblin: N/A
    Orc: Brown (Skin) and Grey (Skin)
    Tauren: Highmountain, Taunka, etc.
    Troll: Forest
    Undead: Undead Elf and Undead Human

Neutral
    Pandaren: Red-Tails (Female Customization)

P.S. Most of the frequent suggestions are nothing more than cosmetic upgrades to skins, etc., and only a few would involve new models, animations, and skins, e.g. the Broken.
    Gnomes can have mechagnomes, Goblins can have Gilblins. Make worgen a subrace of human, turn elf into a neutral race with night and blood as subraces, one for each faction, make hojin and tushui pandaren the two subraces, take away the choice at the end of the questline and give them slihtly different racials. That leaves alli with one race minus, but I'm sure something can be given to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    those would be subtlety rogues

10+ Year Old Account
    So looking over all of the evidence so far:

New book - storm related title - naga/oceans as everything in game mentioning storms is usually naga related.
    Sub races pretty much guaranteed at this point
    Void elves subrace - incoming void theme in the background.
    The damaged silithis zone - proximity to AQ and C’thun can’t be over looked
    Data mined info(parrot, pirates, Kul Tiras, etc) - screams sea based expansion.
    They have mentioned multiple times that the pvp Artifact skins and mounts will not be obtainable after legion - therefore pvp system redone again.

My conclusion is:

We’re finally getting the south seas. It’s a 99% chance of being correct guess at this point. We’re going to get Azshara, pirates, islands, old gods influence , znoth revealed, further introductions to the void, new character models/sub races, new class combos, redone worgen and goblins, advanced world quest systems, new pvp system.

It truly looks like blizzard learned their lesson with WOD, they went on a shitty writing streak, rebuilt their team and have gone full fan service mode. This includes demon hunters, redeeming illidan, bringing alleria and turalyon back, ending the burning legion finally, even ditching the bullshit “illidan is the chosen one” storyline mid way through. It’s pure fan service... and I’m 200% behind this. It’s amazing. I love it. I can’t wait.
    Last edited by Ateo; 2017-10-23 at 02:12 PM.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

What do you guys make of this comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...olden/doqku57/

Could that be loading screen music?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Almost confirmed right from the start. Concept art for the Shaman T21 has been in the credits since they were added with the credits for Legion. The Demon Hunter set models have been in the files for a while now. So on, so on. There's definitely some left-over Thal'dranath in those tier sets. And I bet you, Thal'dranath would've led us into what's coming next, but "Before the Storm" is taking that cake now. I could see Thal'dranath actually be a lead-in of the pre-patch now.
    Ah, thank you, makes sense! I will disregard them because that is presumably what they were for. Of course Thal'dranath itself seems like it leads more naturally into South Seas, so changing off it, well, I'm not sure if that makes it more or less likely!

Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    i like the ghost scourge sea crew idea
    It's hard to go wrong with undead pirates. I mean, PotC proved this. Shitty Disney ride turns into awesome movie? And surprisingly decent (not great but decent!) series of movies ALL of which revolve around various takes on "Undead Pirates"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    Oh god, well, if Blizzard ever needs to spike up the population of Monks for some reason, they know what to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    bringing allergies and turalyon back

New Hero Class for next expansion

Not true. It has been said multiple times that this could just be a new way of categorising NPC’s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderinggolf View Post
    What do you guys make of this comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...olden/doqku57/

Could that be loading screen music?
    I don't think they'd have the loading screen tech ready yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Hey, guys, hear me out on this. We know that Bovlar is currently in possesion of Daelin's soul, or at least part of it. Numerous leaks have hinted at Bolvar/Kel'thuzad playing a part in the next expansion, and we have at least ONE Ghost Horse in the files at the moment. We are currently following up on the TBC nostalgia expansion, AND Daelin may be leading an undead army of ghosts...

Could the title of the expansion be Scourge of Kul'tiras?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steehl View Post
    You can bet that if Nightfallen (or to a lesser extent, Ethereals) become playable races, people will flock to them. I know I certainly would.
    You != the playerbase and I dont think the majority would care for another ELF race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exloar View Post
    To add to this, the gear that got leaked a couple days ago (the Sword and Shield, and the Off-Hand) has a colour scheme that matches (for the most part) the Ethereals' new models, a prime example being Locus Walker: This is naught but a theory, BUT, a possibility nonetheless.
    I dont see them as Warriors, Shamies, etc and I dont see why they would ONLY go to aliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

Wow. Strange how it's weirdly simple and basic compared to the frame of the logo, and doesn't really look like seaweed. It's almost like it wasn't done by a professional.
    forget JainaKul... he doesnt get reason. Mayhaps he even made it seeing he made even a reddit thread about the bad picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    I am fairly confident that you nor I could Google a quick water tutorial for Photoshop and then produce this. Whoever made this knows how to draw and apply proper shading to the art.
    the denial is so strong....
    You argument is someone put some WORK into it? you mean like this http://i.imgur.com/t72MgQn.jpg (which was done waaaaaaay better)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    So nothing said against the ToV "leak" holds so far
    you really claim that is on the same level as the shitty fake debunked ToV logo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Also unless this dude has a Phone from 2010 or he legit has Parkinsons no image should look like that on a Phone from 2013+
    I have been saying that from the start....but thanks for trying to get some sense into him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post

New Hero Class for next expansion
    Lmao, auto correct ftl.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Gnomes can have mechagnomes, Goblins can have Gilblins. Make worgen a subrace of human, turn elf into a neutral race with night and blood as subraces, one for each faction, make hojin and tushui pandaren the two subraces, take away the choice at the end of the questline and give them slihtly different racials. That leaves alli with one race minus, but I'm sure something can be given to them.

those would be subtlety rogues
    a) Mechagnomes aren't a part of the Alliance, nor are they a part of the faction of playable gnomes.
    b) Gilblins aren't a part of the Bilgewater Cartel. A case could be made for Hobgoblins, but outside of that... no, thanks.
    c) Worgen are the cursed humans of Gilneas, i.e. they're not a sub-race. You could make a case for the non-cursed version, but that would interfere with the fantasy of Stormwind.
    d) Those are the two factions of Pandaren, and as a result, there's no need to make them a sub-race. At this point, are you even trying?
    e) As for your elf comment, while I agree on the neutrality part (due to their culture), at this point, what you're suggesting will never happen.

Not true. It has been said multiple times that this could just be a new way of categorising NPC’s.