7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Which would explain why they start at level 1 maybe? Because they're just starting their journey to harness the void?
    This just gave me an idea: Race quests that start from level 1 and you get them either every 10 levels, or a chain in each expansion.

Could explain their powergrowth over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I'd prefer a bunch of Sub-Races over a single new race, honestly.
    Unless the new race is Tortollan!!!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    This whole new development has me... concerned? Underwhelmed? We don't know the details of any of this yet, but I'd rather be disappointed now and surprised positively later than be in denial now and have to accept it in the end. Obviously, I'd be disappointed if we don't get new races, but I have wanted subraces before so it's not a complete loss.
    I can see Nightborne as a new race, because calling them a Night Elf sub-race due to similar skin colors and ancient history is like calling Blood Elves a Night Elf sub-race, or Night Elves a troll sub-race.

Void Elves is the head scratcher. By all points you look at it it SHOULDN'T exist, at least as we're looking at it. It doesn't match Nightborne, it doesn't match sub-races, it doesn't match the lore on Alleria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    This just gave me an idea: Race quests that start from level 1 and you get them either every 10 levels, or a chain in each expansion.

Could explain their powergrowth over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless the new race is Tortollan!!!
    Forget Tortollans. I'd be happy with Ogres, Murlocs, Naga, Jinyu, Saurok, Nightborne literally anything with a unique silhouette over High Elves.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

And the fact they didn't scrub Chrraces means one of two things:

1. This doesn't mean anything for 8.0
    2. These entries are actually used in the game now, which vastly diminishes the odds of them meaning anything for 8.0.
    Or:

3. Those 4 subraces will be out before 8.0 (early access for Pre-Orders possibly) because they are connected to the Legion expansion, while for the other races they will drop with 8.0. And they need them in the files now, just like the encrypted mounts.

And the fact they didn't scrub Chrraces means one of two things:

1. This doesn't mean anything for 8.0
    2. These entries are actually used in the game now, which vastly diminishes the odds of them meaning anything for 8.0.
    Or: 3. They wanted us to see them, because they know dataminers go looking for this stuff. Unlike Zandalar and Kul'Tiras, these are related to Legion and to the untrained eye would mean nothing. You know they get kicks out of speculation, and enjoy this ride as much as we do.

And of course, any other option for why they're there we haven't thought of yet.

Actually that's a really good point.

Wow yeah that could be the expansions version of Demon Hunter early access.
    True. It would make sense for them to do something like that again.

Those 4 subraces will be out before 8.0 (early access for Pre-Orders possibly) because they are connected to the Legion expansion, while for the other races they will drop with 8.0. And they need them in the files now, just like the encrypted mounts.
    Bingo. That's what I think it is.

One thing though: there's no way we'd be able to play void elf without any explanation. And there is none for them in Antorus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    You know they get kicks out of speculation, and enjoy this ride as much as we do.
    Relating to this, reminder to everyone here that the devs actually do check this thread. They even tweeted out the Hype Train (and were confused about Void Taylor)

10+ Year Old Account
    Or:

3. Those 4 subraces will be out before 8.0 (early access for Pre-Orders possibly) because they are connected to the Legion expansion, while for the other races they will drop with 8.0. And they need them in the files now, just like the encrypted mounts.
    Doubtful. The entries are incomplete right now, there's no starting experience.

If they were coming along with 8.0 (as other pre-release bonuses have) then no reason not to scrub them.

Hell, if they're coming in 7.3.5 no reason not to scrub them and re-add them later.

A LOT doesn't add up about these four races, and honestly I'm more convinced the more I reflect on them that they're a red herring that's gonna disappoint a lot of people next weekend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually that's a really good point.

Wow yeah that could be the expansions version of Demon Hunter early access.
    Might even be available early imo if it is the case. But if new races/subraces are coming with 8.0, you can bet that they'll get the DH treatment for early access. And I don't see why they shouldn't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't scrub file names like that(at least not very often, that we know of). They tend to leave everything in(see massive unused items from expansions on wowhead). The fact that they scrubbed them and the Kultiras names/armor at the same time is highly suggestive. That, along with the armored raptor mount found in the files, hints at Vol'jins story continuing, and pointers at South Seas expansion....
    While everything is pointing toward South Seas and as it has been my candidate of choice for an expansion setting since the end of Cata, I find it strange that Blizzard would leave all these 'clues' in knowing that we'd find them. The argument is that it is to build hype but equally it could be to send us off track. All these 'hints' seem to ignore the etherals in the story, Blizzard won't have redone their textures and models for nothing they are likely doing something going forward.

I don't know everything feels too easy, Blizzard are known for leaving hints to the next expansion in the final patch we know that. Wrathion as he flies away at the end of the Rogue questline in Cata. The Iron Star in MoP (granted we had no clue at the time). Gul'dan being sent through the portal. This time there is nothing flying out which signals anything, granted we haven't seen exactly how the expansion ends. We know the enemy will be the void (or maybe even the light) going forward but with the defeat of the Legion everything feels open and there isn't anything we can point at with certainity.

When examining a South Seas expansion we can't forget that when shipyards became a thing in WoD we thought we knew exactly where we were headed next and we were proven wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    To know that Blizz people are watching my hype train... It fills me with joy!
    [/URL]

7+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful. The entries are incomplete right now, there's no starting experience.

If they were coming along with 8.0 (as other pre-release bonuses have) then no reason not to scrub them.

Hell, if they're coming in 7.3.5 no reason not to scrub them and re-add them later.

A LOT doesn't add up about these four races, and honestly I'm more convinced the more I reflect on them that they're a red herring that's gonna disappoint a lot of people next weekend.
    I think that the entries were added because now they could be updated with hotfixes easier. And we also don't know if there are encrypted files related to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    To know that Blizz people are watching my hype train... It fills me with joy!
    Your profile pic and banner are so fitting to that statement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Wave your hands to say hi to the devs! Hiiiiii deeeeeevs!
    / /10characters

We also don't know if we're getting 7.3.5. Maybe that goes up on PTR after the announcement with the races in there.
    Thought they said we will get small patches after atornus wraping up the story.

HEY DEVS PLS NAGA PLS PLS

10+ Year Old Account
    We also don't know if we're getting 7.3.5. Maybe that goes up on PTR after the announcement with the races in there.
    I'd be willing to bet we are.

If 7.3.2 was the final patch of Legion, why not make it 7.3.5 to match the trend for the expansion with raids launching on the 7.x.5 patch?

Or:

That actually makes some degree of sense...

7+ Year Old Account
    Could be, tho I think not much testing would be needed, since they are simpler versions of new races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Thought they said we will get small patches after atornus wraping up the story.

HEY DEVS PLS NAGA PLS PLS
    Part of the story patches could also be Subrace intros.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    That actually makes some degree of sense...
    Apart from Void Elves. Void Elves is really what is bothering a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    WORLD OF WARBEARCRAFT: Bear is Love, Bear is Life

My inside source says the new 8.0 is all about the Wild Gods. URSOC and URSOL, mighty BARES will play a dominant role during the whole expansion.

Main narrative is about the bear races of Azeroth shaping their destiny and making a new home for themselves, as they bearly made it out of the Cataclysm. Using the raw force of nature and their bare hands, Grizzly, Polar, Panda, Pandaren and Kodiak bears will reclaim Azeroth for themselves and extinguish the lesser races.

- New race: Furbolg
    - New class: Skinchanger (can only turn into a bear)
    - New faction: Bear Consortium
    - Homebase: Grizzly Hills
    - Main Heroes: Zoibert the Wise Bear, Ursoc, Ursol
    - Druid class revamp, all specs removed but Guardian
    - All other classes temporarily removed from the game.
    - Pandaren subraces: Grizzlaren, Polarbaren, Kodiakaren, Red-Pandaren and Blackaren amongst others.
    - All other races can now be NPCs and interact with BARE FACTION players.

Very excited, I can bearly hold myself from peeing all over my cave.