Poll: Should Alex Jones be held criminally liable?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    https://www.snopes.com/trump-receive...award-in-1986/

I'm always on the innocent until proven guilty train.

If one of those women take him to trial and win, I will start the fire and build the pot holder, you bring the tar and feathers.

I actually really wanted Kasich to win the nomination when it was him trump and cruz, he seemed to have a pretty good head, fiscal conservative, religious, yet still respected others beliefs/lifestyles
    I agree with you. A lot of good men and women I know wanted Kasich to win, and I admired his position when he turned Trump down with the VP talk. So many people on these forums, and just on the interwebs in general refuse to give people a chance. If someone they believe in hates someone, they hate them too, even with evidence proving otherwise, as you've done here. I've never, ever heard of Trump be called racist until 2016. He's hired so many minorities, is supposively good friends with Oprah. Do you think she would tolerate a racist? She is worth more than him, she ain't got time for that! But these kids, these...people, just refuse to beleive a fact, if it goes against their emotions. I just don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Should Alex Jones be held criminally liable?

Along with Infowars, Breitbart and other news Media outlets when it’s proven they knowingly gave false information to the public lied about the nature of events or completely made something up. If said information is being misrepresented and it causes real serious harm should those who knew this face criminal charges?
    Only if it's fraud. If not, I'd put the idiots behind bars that believe him. Not prisons, but lunatic asylums.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Is that the guy who told Florida the hurricanes wouldn't land, were a liberal conspiracy to support global warming and then left Florida himself for "unforeseen reasons"?

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

A simple apology would have been sufficient.

The cat is out of the bag now though... run with it.

I must say though that I am always impressed when someone can write so much, and say so little. Especially, when you consider that none of what you wrote demonstrates a mastery, much less a grasp on the science of polls, and definitely not to the extent to justify any snide commentary berating others for their lack of understanding.
    Is your entire post structure always based around undermining the credibility of the other guy without ever actually addressing what they've said?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Is your entire post structure always based around undermining the credibility of the other guy without ever actually addressing what they've said?
    Seriously man... harassment. Point your hard on some place else... its making me uncomfortable.

Seriously man... harassment. Point your hard on some place else... its making me uncomfortable.
    I'm glad to flatter you, but I have a right to ask you why you just spent your entire post trying to undermine the guy rather than address him directly. If you get uncomfortable every time someone responds to your post, you may be in the wrong place.

Now again, are you going to address someone directly in your responses to them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad to flatter you, but I have a right to ask you why you just spent your entire post trying to undermine the guy rather than address him directly. If you get uncomfortable every time someone responds to your post, you may be in the wrong place.

Now again, are you going to address someone directly in your responses to them?
    No you don't actually have a right to follow me around and constantly take jabs at me personally without any thought or regard to the topic at hand. Now piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No. No they don’t and this is the most dishonest bullshit argument to be in favor of fucking lying and making shit up for profit.
    No? I seem to recall CNN pushing a headline on-air that Sylville Smith's sister was calling for peace during the riots after that thug was rightfully put down for pulling a gun on police. They even aired a clip of her telling people to stop burning shit down, and conveniently cut the remaining few seconds of the full video where she said to burn the suburbs down because that's where the white people live.

In fact, I'm pretty sure they made an apology after they got caught. CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc... Not much better than Breitbart or Alex Jones. All are fake news trash, the former ones just have decades more experience in peddling their, at best, half truth bs.

No you don't actually have a right to follow me around and constantly take jabs at me personally without any thought or regard to the topic at hand. Now piss off.
    But you have the right to take jabs at everyone else? I'm not following you around, this has been the same thread the entire time and I'm nowhere near close to spamming it. I asked you to actually address that guys point because he deserves better than ad hominem attacks like you've been dishing out.

Deleted
    Can you explain to me how math has a liberal bias?
    I already told how polls can be skewed (not enough participants, participants not reflecting actual voter base, only polling in a heavy liberal areas like california for instance etc etc).
    And you, unreflectively answer with a dismal notion of: "this is math. do you disagree with math and science ?"

You are adorable

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    I already told how polls can be skewed (not enough participants, participants not reflecting actual voter base, only polling in a heavy liberal areas like california for instance etc etc).
    And you, unreflectively answer with a dismal notion of: "this is math. do you disagree with math ?"

You are adorable
    The fact you think that national polls can be skewed like that is even more adorable.

Here's a tip. The more frequently a national poll is incorrect, the less credible they are in the future. No one is going to intentionally skew their results if they want to remain credible polling sources.

Alex Jones is entertainment. If you take any of it seriously there might be something wrong with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you have the right to take jabs at everyone else? I'm not following you around, this has been the same thread the entire time and I'm nowhere near close to spamming it. I asked you to actually address that guys point because he deserves better than ad hominem attacks like you've been dishing out.
    LOL that's fucking rich given the fact that he is/was insulting the person who posted the picture. More of that victim complex you've so fond of. Accountability bro... learn it. His point was that @Soulslaver didn't grasp the complexities of polling while not demonstrating even an elementary understanding of the subject matter. Which in and of itself is ad hominem. So pot, kettle. Fuck off.

The entire point being made that has gone over the head of just about ever self proclaimed genius statistician here... is that the poll was clearly, clearly incorrect. We haven't had upset of that proportion... EVER in American history. Simple, SIMPLE common sense would tell you by glancing at that poll, that something isn't right. Yet the NY times decided to run with it anyway, because hey the poll says what the poll says, they're just regurgitating information. Deniability... I had no idea the liberal media operated with such credibility.

But again, if liberals possessed even a modicum of understanding in regards to national polls, they would not have been so SHOCKED at the outcome of the election. Because the changes in polls throughout the last few weeks, showed exactly that.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-10-24 at 12:00 AM.

LOL that's fucking rich given the fact that he is/was insulting the person who posted the picture. More of that victim complex you've so fond of. Accountability bro... learn it. His point was that @Soulslaver didn't grasp the complexities of polling while not demonstrating even an elementary understanding of the subject matter. Which in and of itself is ad hominem. So pot, kettle. Fuck off.
    Pretty sure all I saw him do was give a simple explanation of how probability works. And you took it as condescending. Sorry but you don't get to inflict your perceived tone in someone elses post. Also please don't tell me to fuck off, it's very immature.

I took a look at the OP and the list of targets they had... I noticed a lack of other sources that have biased views and rabid followers.

good laugh.

Alex Jones should be held to the same standard as anyone else. He's not allowed to yell fire in a crowded theater, and he's not allowed to tell someone to go shoot somebody.

In general, people take Alex Jones way too seriously. In his news segments he reports thing that he thinks are true, which are generally so normal they're boring. In his non-news segments he's a right wing lawl so random Stephen Colbert.

Personally, I treat him like The Young Turks. I ignore his existence because he puts out way too many fucking videos.

The entire point being made that has gone over the head of just about ever self proclaimed genius statistician here... is that the poll was clearly, clearly incorrect. We haven't had upset of that proportion... EVER in American history. Simple, SIMPLE common sense would tell you by glancing at that poll, that something isn't right. Yet the NY times decided to run with it anyway, because hey the poll says what the poll says, they're just regurgitating information. Deniability... I had no idea the liberal media operated with such credibility.
    Now I see why you have a problem here. You think just because something is unlikely means it's impossible. Now that makes sense because it means you still don't understand how probability works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I see why you have a problem here. You think just because something is unlikely means it's impossible. Now that makes sense because it means you still don't understand how probability works.
    See this is where your ignorance shines, because I don't actually doubt the validity and the correctness of said poll. It just didn't say what you think it said.

See this is where your ignorance shines, because I don't actually doubt the validity and the correctness of said poll.
    Oh really? Because I'm pretty sure you're just contradicting yourself at this point

And I quote:
    The entire point being made that has gone over the head of just about ever self proclaimed genius statistician here... is that the poll was clearly, clearly incorrect. We haven't had upset of that proportion... EVER in American history.
    I don't think I can make how much you just contradicted yourself any more clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really? Because I'm pretty sure you're just contradicting yourself at this point

And I quote:

I don't think I can make how much you just contradicted yourself any more clear.
    Because of the way it was being presented. That number was taken an aggregate, and not an update. Which is why most of you who claim to know so much about polls were blind sided.