Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoru View Post
    You guys don´t know what communism mean lol. In communism you don´t just delete the money lol, the govern take almost all you money and also the food of the people . Is amazing with you compare a game with real life that has nothing to do. You can´t farm money like you farm gold in real life.

Anyway I just wanted read the opinions, i don´t really care about gold in the game.
    That's not quite how communism is supposed to work. What you're describing is how other countries, like China and the Soviet Union adopted parts of Communism. Communism in it's pure state means no money, no State, and everyone owns everything. What you're describing is more Stalinistic, which is theoretically a step towards pure communism. But not quite. Actually, what you're describing is more accurate to dictators and despots. You should read up on Communism before throwing that term around (I'm not pro-Communism, either, I think it goes against human nature, and it's never been successfully implemented)

And, yes you can farm money in real life. It's called, among many other things, day trading. Hell, the guy digging through our dumpster for recyclables is literally farming money.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And how do you exactly "win" by getting a mount, pet, levelling boost or 1 million gold? True "pay to win" games are those where you can't compete at top level without buying stuff for irl cash.
    If the game allows you to convert any outside currency to in-game currency then the game is automatically a pay to win. We have World of Warcraft game tokens that go for $15 and sell for around 190,000 gold on the US auction house. I'm inferring from your post by win you mean top tier raiding/arena, do you realize only very few players actually end up doing that? Majority of WoW community is casual at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    They do resets every expansion with classes and equipment lol
    No they don't. Blizzard has never taken away gear or items for an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    If the game allows you to convert any outside currency to in-game currency then the game is automatically a pay to win.
    Don't get this notion. Depends what you can buy for this currency. I played league of legends where you can pay irl money for in game currency and buy for it heroes, skins for them, skins for other cosmetic stuff, emotes and other crap (kinda like heroes of the storm). Neither of these games I consider "pay to win". Pay to win are games like "buy this special ammo from the cash shop that does more damage than normal ammo" or "buy these gear upgrade tokens / full set of gear" (I heard Rift went down this way). Or game you literally can't enjoy without paying because they have 5 mins of content then go pay (mobile crap). WOW is neither. Literally before token people who had piles of gold had them rotting in the coffers because there was nothing to "win" with it. Now they're buying Overwatch crates and other out of wow content mostly...

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Don't get this notion. Depends what you can buy for this currency. I played league of legends where you can pay irl money for in game currency and buy for it heroes, skins for them, skins for other cosmetic stuff, emotes and other crap (kinda like heroes of the storm). Neither of these games I consider "pay to win". Pay to win are games like "buy this special ammo from the cash shop that does more damage than normal ammo" or "buy these gear upgrade tokens / full set of gear" (I heard Rift went down this way). Or game you literally can't enjoy without paying because they have 5 mins of content then go pay (mobile crap). WOW is neither. Literally before token people who had piles of gold had them rotting in the coffers because there was nothing to "win" with it. Now they're buying Overwatch crates and other out of wow content mostly...
    Yes, do you pay $/month for the League of Legends? No. Fundamentally, the game is free to play. You are comparing apples and oranges, what are you saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, do you pay $/month for the League of Legends? No. Fundamentally, the game is free to play. You are comparing apples and oranges, what are you saying?
    He is saying if you could use irl money and exchange it for ingame currency, it still will not make you rank 1 in arena and is not going to make you top DPS charts....

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    reset makes no sense from blizzard standpoint as they make milion of $$ on gold selling atm.
    They could still sell gold after a reset too. Delete 95% of gold from the game and you'd just be paying $20 for 1000g instead of 100,000g, which is fine if the average player is reduced to a few thousand g in the bank.

Anyway, it'll never happen because of the epic amount of crying, but I like the idea.

Terrible fucking idea. They'll just add more gold sinks to the game that us rich people can take advantage of.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    this will never happen; Blizz would get their asses handed to them if they pulled something like this, primarily because there would be people out there who play who have quite a bit of income and so buy tokens to make gold. you take all that away from them and there would be hell to pay. not sure on the legality of it, because Blizz can do what they want in their ToS, but it would be a horrible move that will cost the company a lot of subs

7+ Year Old Account
    You can't reset the economy hence why it's so important that you don't break it in the first place. But, WoW did so now they need to come up with band-aid fixes from now until the end of WoW. It's unfortunate and WoW would absolutely benefit from a economic reset, but it's impossible to actually do. Well you could limit the amount of gold you can carry on a person and charging banking fees above that, but that'll just lead people to using a shit load of mules.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    They could still sell gold after a reset too. Delete 95% of gold from the game and you'd just be paying $20 for 1000g instead of 100,000g, which is fine if the average player is reduced to a few thousand g in the bank.

Anyway, it'll never happen because of the epic amount of crying, but I like the idea.
    People who buy game tokens most likely don't have a job and spend more than a few hours a day farming gold. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard itself buys off game tokens to generate extra profits and keep the flow going, hence running inflation. Nothing new really.

There is no benefit to a reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoru View Post
    Don't you think that would be better if the gold is reset for the next expansion? Most of the players that have infinite gold will not like, but the economy of wow have no sense to be honest, or at least introduce a new type of gold for the new items of the next expansion for the AH.
    Just stop being poor. A reset wouldn't help those in favor of it anyway; they'd be left in the dust by the same AH barons and powergamers mere weeks later. It'd just be a nuisance for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Just stop being poor. A reset wouldn't help those in favor of it anyway; they'd be left in the dust by the same AH barons and powergamers mere weeks later. It'd just be a nuisance for a bit.
    So much this if you are poor in WoW you do not want to put in ANY effort to not be, just doing WQ's on a second character who is Herb\Mine will get you 10-30k a day extra and take maybe a half hour longer to do your WQ's.

Hell my main character just keeps having money show up he was down to 20k a few weeks ago and he is back to 70 now and I've done nothing at all to make golds on that character.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    There is no benefit to a reset.
    Gold would be interesting once again. Right now everyone is drowning in it, and it's an intensely boring resource.

Gold would be interesting once again.
    Right now everyone is drowning in it
    and it's an intensely boring resource.
    1 false statement and 2 opinions.
    No benefits here.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    1 false statement and 2 opinions.
    No benefits here.
    It's blindingly obvious that they're opinions. As is yours, no more- or less valid.

But that's fine; we'll not fall out over something as crashingly inconsequential as the MMO Champ forums.

they're opinions. As is yours
    Mine's not an opinion because no one would benefit from an economy reset.

Gold would be interesting once again. Right now everyone is drowning in it, and it's an intensely boring resource.
    Are you saying "reset" going to fix gold inflation? Are you stupid or something? WoW tokens are the reason economy is the way it is, people have jobs and can afford to sell them on auction in large numbers. How is "reset" going to fix anything, use your brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the game allows you to convert any outside currency to in-game currency then the game is automatically a pay to win. We have World of Warcraft game tokens that go for $15 and sell for around 190,000 gold on the US auction house. I'm inferring from your post by win you mean top tier raiding/arena, do you realize only very few players actually end up doing that? Majority of WoW community is casual at best.
    I have 2mil gold, do i win now? What's win condition in wow? How many store-bought mounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.