Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoru View Post
    Not in real life
    Wow isnt real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    People who buy game tokens most likely don't have a job and spend more than a few hours a day farming gold. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard itself buys off game tokens to generate extra profits and keep the flow going, hence running inflation. Nothing new really.
    1 old raid per day is usually enough. It's like 20 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Not sure how this would be possible without pissing off alot of people!

The only way I can see this even maybe possibly working without being a clusterfuck (and it still would be) is if every expansion had it's own version of gold, so everyone starts from 0, which can be used on things from that expansion or prior expansions, but all expansions prior to the current expansion share a universal currency which can only be used in content up to just before the current expansion.

Like the old badge system.

But that's entirely too complicated just so people are on equal footing for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    just so people are on equal footing for new content.
    Everyone is on equal footing already. It comes down to choice. Some people want to make millions and some don't.

Don't you think that would be better if the gold is reset for the next expansion? Most of the players that have infinite gold will not like, but the economy of wow have no sense to be honest, or at least introduce a new type of gold for the new items of the next expansion for the AH.
    Don't you think that would be better if money is reset for the next market crash? Most of the rich that have infinite money will not like, but the economy of the US have no sense to be honest, or at least introduce a new type of money for the new items of the next market boom for the economy.

Trust me, your idea will never work. Me personally, I'll make all my gold back within the first week. Always keep a stock of items and sell only a handful at a time.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Nice try, but even with a gold reset you'll be way behind other, more dedicated players in just a few months.
    Lazy will always be lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    The only way I can see this even maybe possibly working without being a clusterfuck (and it still would be) is if every expansion had it's own version of gold, so everyone starts from 0, which can be used on things from that expansion or prior expansions, but all expansions prior to the current expansion share a universal currency which can only be used in content up to just before the current expansion.

Like the old badge system.

But that's entirely too complicated just so people are on equal footing for new content.
    It's not even that it would be too complicated for an equal footing, it's really that this equal footing would last a few days at most.

Inevitably, the people who know how to make gold efficiently will get rich quickly. They know what to do, and they do it well. That's why they're rich in the first place. And the players that are poor most likely don't have much time to invest in the game, or don't really know how to play the economy. They'd still be poor even if Blizzard would reset everything.

The rich would stay rich, the poor would stay poor. It would accomplish absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It's not even that it would be too complicated for an equal footing, it's really that this equal footing would last a few days at most.

Inevitably, the people who know how to make gold efficiently will get rich quickly. They know what to do, and they do it well. That's why they're rich in the first place. And the players that are poor most likely don't have much time to invest in the game, or don't really know how to play the economy. They'd still be poor even if Blizzard would reset everything.

The rich would stay rich, the poor would stay poor. It would accomplish absolutely nothing.
    Half the point behind the post was to illustrate the futility of an economy reset, anyway.

Deleted
    You can't reset gold, the economy is a living thing and isnt controllable. All blizz can do is put in gold sinks to get rid of some of the gold.

Also, how are you still poor? I started Legion on a new server with about 100g on all my characters. I now have over 2mil on that server without actually ever gold farming or playing auction house. Just by playing the game

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't help anyone. The ones with loads of gold would just make it again, or outright find a way through the reset. The ones on the other end of the spectrum would just stay there. The only way to level the playing field would be to remove not just gold, but also any and all tradeable items - in other words, prohibit players trading with one another.
    I'm pretty certain that is NOT something anyone would want. Or should, anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Great idea. And, everyone should be reset to level 1.

Op prob a gold seller thats gone bust lol

Deleted
    Don't you think that would be better if the gold is reset for the next expansion? Most of the players that have infinite gold will not like, but the economy of wow have no sense to be honest, or at least introduce a new type of gold for the new items of the next expansion for the AH.
    It's poor talking.

Some people say "There are so much rich people in the world, take all and give to poors".
    Same thing here...

Deleted
    I have a disadvantage and want things removed from people that worked for it QQ

Humanity, not only in this community, sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    People who buy game tokens most likely don't have a job and spend more than a few hours a day farming gold. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard itself buys off game tokens to generate extra profits and keep the flow going, hence running inflation. Nothing new really.
    Spoken by someone who puts no effort into gold making, you have no idea how easy it is to make gold.

If Blizzard even dared to do something so brazen as to wipe years and years of players gold accumulation away that would probably end the game. You'd have people quit in mass out of sheer anger, spite, principle, frustration, and real money reasons. Many people now use gold as their sole source for paying for this game, me being one of those people, and I do not plan on going back to paying my own real money for it. If Blizzard took the gold I have earned through various in game means over the past decade I'd probably stop playing all together because I don't plan on going back to paying money for this game again after earning an in game way to pay for it through years of dedicated playing and accumulating gold. It would be like Blizzard punishing me for actually playing their game.

Not to mention it would destroy the whole point of the WoW token. If everyone is all of a sudden gold poor in the game, the WoW token would flatline for quite some time before people accumulated enough gold again to invest in buying them in game again. Blizzard would not shoot their new cash cow right in the head like that. They make more money from players paying their subscription through the WoW token than they do from real money subscriptions. They're not about to do something that will cost themselves profit.

All that aside, there's literally no logical reason to remove something like players gold out of the blue after 13 years of accumulating it just because some of the poorer players feel they are disadvantaged or slighted by the economy in game now. Out of all the reasons over the years that people have said would or could kill WoW, this is probably the single most credible thing I think that could actually do that if it happened, so there's no way in hell it would happen. There are too many reasons against it for it to be even remotely plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    You can't reset gold, the economy is a living thing and isnt controllable. All blizz can do is put in gold sinks to get rid of some of the gold.

Also, how are you still poor? I started Legion on a new server with about 100g on all my characters. I now have over 2mil on that server without actually ever gold farming or playing auction house. Just by playing the game
    what's your secret ??

Tokens are already appropriately inflating

I kind of see the merit in doing this: It would be like resetting to Vanilla, making everyone farm mats and grind gold on the AH.

But it wont happen because:

1 - People who earned gold earlier in the game but now don't have time would be penalised.
    2 - It would play into the hands of gold sellers which Blizzard has effectively eradicated now (because of point 3).
    3 - Making gold is SO easy that it would be a bit pointless (I have millions just just from missions and selling mats from shoulder enchant).