Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I don't think so.

What if they didn't need to jump?
    Read: What if they can simply slide across jump-able walls. That would be their perk in opposition to what DHs get as double-jumping.
    There are some areas in the game, where you have to jump over gaps in the world, for example Blackfathom Deeps. There are also several jumping "mini-games" in the game, so again, there are problems, that needs to fixed in a smart design way....And to be honest, they should proberly just give them legs, it would be alot easier.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The "more elves" crowd is worse.
    Nagas are deformed elves...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

But yeah, it might work, but it does not look that good.
    Idk, I think it looks good, simply pushing themselves off the ground with their "tail". It's what you'd expect, and is a decent animation concept.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Nagas are deformed elves...
    Atleast they are deformed. It seems like some people would love to see high elfs, bloodelfs, nightborne, night elfs and all matter of corrupted elfs to be each their own playable race in the game
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Naga suck tbh and don't really fit as a playable race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Idk, I think it looks good, simply pushing themselves off the ground with their "tail". It's what you'd expect, and is a decent animation concept.
    But i think we come back to the old Draenei argument, which Blizz used in TBC. Instead of just adapting the old "broken" model into a working playable race, they just builded a new model for the race up from scratch, that was alot more playable and worked better with the clothing.

I think that if Nagas are gonna be playable, Blizzard are just gonna end up making unique models for the playable nagas, that work with the game mechanics and gear. Simply adapting the current model is proberly gonna take 10 times more work then just making a new one, and during the adaptation the old model will proberly change alot anyway.

Deleted
    God please no... naga sux. Bad idea

10+ Year Old Account
    They can go worgen route with nagas. I remember seeing nagas being able to revert to their Elven form, even if as an illusion. Same trick dragons use.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz can just make a new naga model with legs, that the player can change into at will, similar to the worgen/human switch and keep the regular no legs model we all know as their "racial mount".

7+ Year Old Account
    They can go worgen route with nagas. I remember seeing nagas being able to revert to their Elven form, even if as an illusion. Same trick dragons use.
    But then you make it half a race. Worgens can go back to humans, but only if they want to. Being forced into elven form when you mount makes little sense, because then you are not really a naga, but a half-naga. If you have to dismount to show if you are a Naga or a Night Elf, then you make a problem of perception not only for other players, but also for the person who actually want to be a Naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then you make it half a race. Worgens can go back to humans, but only if they want to. Being forced into elven form when you mount makes little sense, because then you are not really a naga, but a half-naga. If you have to dismount to show if you are a Naga or a Night Elf, then you make a problem of perception not only for other players, but also for the person who actually want to be a Naga.
    Again worgen route, worgens do not need mounts they have a racial, except for flying. Nagas can have 'Super Slither" ability as a ground mount. Moreso they can swim naturally fast, like druids in aquaform.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again worgen route, worgens do not need mounts they have a racial, except for flying. Nagas can have 'Super Slither" ability as a ground mount. Moreso they can swim naturally fast, like druids in aquaform.
    ...People are gonna want to use the mounts that they buy and earn. Saying that they can only use their mounts when they use this "illusion form", is not gonna cut it. Alos the worgens can use worgen run when they are in their "prober form", not when they are humans.

If they were implemented, no matter what good argument i have against it, they should proberly have slither as a mount option While i don't know if it will be seem as overpowered, i also think they should have 50-100% more speed in water

10+ Year Old Account
    ...People are gonna want to use the mounts that they buy and earn. Saying that they can only use their mounts when they use this "illusion form", is not gonna cut it. Alos the worgens can use worgen run when they are in their "prober form", not when they are humans.
    If they want to use mounts - they go elf form, if they want to be a naga - they go naga form. Which is an illusion is for them to decide.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they want to use mounts - they go elf form, if they want to be a naga - they go naga form. Which is an illusion is for them to decide.
    But that leads back to the problem of how you use a horse as a naga?

Quote Originally Posted by OneDayYouMay View Post
    Hard to make gear make sense, they no feet/legs
    They're actually already rigged for boots, it just goes over the tip of their tail like a sock.

Side-saddle.

10+ Year Old Account
    You transform into an elf and mount a horse. Not necesserily in two actions, can be automatic. But it could be as easy as "You cannot use mounts in naga form" each time you try to.

But i think we come back to the old Draenei argument, which Blizz used in TBC. Instead of just adapting the old "broken" model into a working playable race, they just builded a new model for the race up from scratch, that was alot more playable and worked better with the clothing.

I think that if Nagas are gonna be playable, Blizzard are just gonna end up making unique models for the playable nagas, that work with the game mechanics and gear. Simply adapting the current model is proberly gonna take 10 times more work then just making a new one, and during the adaptation the old model will proberly change alot anyway.
    They will probably design a new model to work off of. But that model will most likely not have legs. As it would look (imo) pretty idiotic.

I think that if they end up deciding to put legs on naga, they may as well have made other races playable instead. I really don't see jumping as an issue though, you saw a perfectly fine animation for it, which makes sense, and looks decent. Not spectacular (because it's a jump, it isn't meant to) but it's a jump that makes sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    You transform into an elf and mount a horse. Not necesserily in two actions, can be automatic. But it could be as easy as "You cannot use mounts in naga form" each time you try to.
    Then you can't choose! You said before that it was up to you to choose which form is the "illusion", but here it is clear, that you are a naga in disguise. That leads back to my original argument: Players are not gonna be happy with being a half naga. If they choose naga as their race, they don't want to see at a Night Elf model for half of their time in-game. It makes it a race with alot less function then the other races and therefore i will brand it as a broken race when it comes to playability.

It would be like if you had to go into human form as a Worgen when you entered towns. Players who thought Worgens were cool and wanted their character to have that apperance, would proberly feel very cheated if they could actually not show off their Worgen form inside the biggest populated areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    They're actually already rigged for boots, it just goes over the tip of their tail like a sock.

Side-saddle.
    ...Hmm might work for a horse, but don't know if they could do it for all mounts :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Man that would be annoying AF

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    They will probably design a new model to work off of. But that model will most likely not have legs. As it would look (imo) pretty idiotic.

I think that if they end up deciding to put legs on naga, they may as well have made other races playable instead. I really don't see jumping as an issue though, you saw a perfectly fine animation for it, which makes sense, and looks decent. Not spectacular (because it's a jump, it isn't meant to) but it's a jump that makes sense.
    Just like a naga with legs would a bit idiotic, i think that a naga jumping would do the same But i think you come out with a good thing here. In the end, the nagas needs so much tweaking, have so many problems with different interactions inside the game and lack alot of gear slots, that it would proberly be better to make another race playable.

Blizzard have proberly gone through the same brainstorm as we have and concluded, that while it is a popular race, its original design simply does not comply with the things, that are demanded of a playable race and while it could be reworked, it would proberly create a totally different look and something so far from the original idea, that they might aswell make a new fish-like race from scratch.