Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Granted, the ToV logo + leak is as good as the Veil of Shadows leak some months ago. I still don't think Blizzard would give us an expansion with such a meaningless title.
    Why is it meaningless? I can infer a ton of meaning from it; there are a bunch of characters that are presumably relevant in the next expansion whose backgrounds involve betrayal, deceit, being wronged in some way, etc. The ocean is also a great metaphor for that. Something lurking beneath the surface, waiting for its chance to strike.

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    Not sure if it was brought up before, but I don't have a problem with the logo as much as I do the catchphrase above it. Would a company like Blizzard end one sentence with an ellipses and start the next sentence with an ellipses? I'm waiting on an English teacher friend to let me know how correct/proper/incorrect/whatever this is and if it's likely a major corporation would do that. Is that bugging anyone else?
    IDK. I mean for marketing material I think it's okay to take certain liberties. Having the '...' makes it sound ominous and mysterious. As if the sentence is coming from far away, deep below the water, or from someone sleeping, etc. It fits with the theme imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    nothing. thats just reaching.
    It's not reaching. How is the logo you posted relevant, by the way? Are you implying that because that logo exists, ToV is fake, or do you mean to say that an ocean-expansion has to have turtles and palm trees on it to make sense? Swirling water and crashing waves isn't clear enough?

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It was 30.3.2018, but then it got removed in the new pic and all of a sudden everyone forgot.
    That's incorrect. Here's what happened:

Image 1, the logotype, leaked on 4chan and got posted here. It was posted on Reddit and became widely known at that point. We still don't know who uploaded it to 4chan or if it's fake or not.

Image 2, the first website image (not containing a date, only two buttons) leaked and got posted on Reddit. We still don't know who uploaded it or if it's fake or not.

Image 3, the second website image featuring Queen Azshara and the date, got posted on Reddit. Somebody then claimed to have made it on Twitter, to prove a point that these things can be faked. Confusion began.

So image 1 and 2 are still up for debate, and the date was never real.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    To me, this makes it pretty clear what we're looking at.

While the frame is similar (perhaps a mod of) the Legion logo frame, I still don't see why that's supposed to 'debunk' this logo. All logos have riffed off older logos in style and appearance. Perhaps Blizzard were happy with the general shape of the Legion logo and decided to stick with it. The colouring, lighting, and finer details (like the sea-weed) of the ToV logo makes it very distinct from the Legion logo imo.

It's going to be an old god expansion. Blizzard has said before they leave clues in the game. Look at WOD. Tanaan jungle was loaded with fel/green stuff in the zone. Silithus has that wound...

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    Why is it meaningless? I can infer a ton of meaning from it; there are a bunch of characters that are presumably relevant in the next expansion whose backgrounds involve betrayal, deceit, being wronged in some way, etc. The ocean is also a great metaphor for that. Something lurking beneath the surface, waiting for its chance to strike.

IDK. I mean for marketing material I think it's okay to take certain liberties. Having the '...' makes it sound ominous and mysterious. As if the sentence is coming from far away, deep below the water, or from someone sleeping, etc. It fits with the theme imho.

It's not reaching. How is the logo you posted relevant, by the way? Are you implying that because that logo exists, ToV is fake, or do you mean to say that an ocean-expansion has to have turtles and palm trees on it to make sense? Swirling water and crashing waves isn't clear enough?

That's incorrect. Here's what happened:

Image 1, the logotype, leaked on 4chan and got posted here. It was posted on Reddit and became widely known at that point. We still don't know who uploaded it to 4chan or if it's fake or not.

Image 2, the first website image (not containing a date, only two buttons) leaked and got posted on Reddit. We still don't know who uploaded it or if it's fake or not.

Image 3, the second website image featuring Queen Azshara and the date, got posted on Reddit. Somebody then claimed to have made it on Twitter, to prove a point that these things can be faked. Confusion began.

So image 1 and 2 are still up for debate, and the date was never real.

While the frame is similar (perhaps a mod of) the Legion logo frame, I still don't see why that's supposed to 'debunk' this logo. All logos have riffed off older logos in style and appearance. Perhaps Blizzard were happy with the general shape of the Legion logo and decided to stick with it. The colouring, lighting, and finer details (like the sea-weed) of the ToV logo makes it very distinct from the Legion logo imo.
    The "of" is also something that is somewhat of a giveaway.

Y'all can do what you want, but I'm riding the ToV train to BlizzCon. Outside of that, I guess it's time to move on to a new topic.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-10-24 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    It's going to be an old god expansion. Blizzard has said before they leave clues in the game. Look at WOD. Tanaan jungle was loaded with fel/green stuff in the zone. Silithus has that wound...
    Yea but there's also signs of a maritime expansion and there's a dev tweet saying there's signs but not obvious, I think emerald nightmare counts as obvious. Also blizz have said a few times they don't want to keep upping the anti on world ending threats each expansion hence why we got mop. Putting all this together I'd expect a low threat build up expansion and really old God stuff in 9.0

Khadgar, Turalyon, Alleria, Genn, Magni, Sylvanas, and Saurfang walk into a World of Warcraft expansion...

WHO SURVIVES?

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    Khadgar, Turalyon, Alleria, Genn, Magni, Sylvanas, and Saurfang walk into a World of Warcraft expansion...

WHO SURVIVES?
    Most of them survive because they don't get any development. One or two die.

WHO SURVIVES?
    Alleria. Shes hunter.

Did we beat the 7.0 speculation thread already?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Did we beat the 7.0 speculation thread already?
    Yes. The announcement happened around 1230-1250 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    It is. You're welcome.
    Are you... Maui!?!?

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account

WHO SURVIVES?
    I hope only turalyon and alleria survive. I’m ready for blizzard to go full game of thrones on this cast of old over played characters. We need new lore characters to step up and breath new life into the game. A majority of these are 20+ year old characters. It’s gotten stale.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

7.3.2; out now!*

*for US only

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    I hope only turalyon and alleria survive. I’m ready for blizzard to go full game of thrones on this cast of old over played characters. We need new lore characters to step up and breath new life into the game. A majority of these are 20+ year old characters. It’s gotten stale.
    How could you? Genn is the only TRUE Alliance character left and he amazing. Rest are neutral loving traitors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bubble hearth and feign death respectively.

So yes.

Turalyon is the oldest. And easily the least interesting one right now.

They could make him interesting if they explore the Light as a potential threat to mortals, but as long as he's this "role model paladin", he can go down at any point and not affect the story in any significant way.

I'd like to see Genn, and the Argus couple, to continue. Let's be done with most of the rest. They feel so stale and dry now. WTB new dragon aspects and leaders of the factions.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

WHO SURVIVES?
    Hmmmmmm.

Who is necessary to a future Old Gods expansion?

I'd say Alleria and Magni. I'd add in Turalyon if they want to make Light vs. Void (they both suck) as part of the theme - I'm sure Blizzard would think "married couple divided by the Light/Void" is terribly clever.

Who is necessary to a future "LK 2.0" expansion?

Sylvanas. Does she need Genn as a foil? Maybe, at least until we have some sort of other pro-Alliance maniac. Genn should be praying Jaina has returned to being relatively reasonable, because otherwise his days are numbered.

So those lot are very unlikely to perma-die this expansion.

That really leaves Saurfang and Khadgar. Saurfang is a legend of early WoW, but if he died, even a lot of Horde players would be like "Who?!" (sad, I know but...).

Khadgar though? He's liked, but not loved. His dad jokes are fun but wearing a little thin. He's been telling us what to do for like, two entire expansions. His death would definitely provoke an emotional reaction from most players.

So I think Khadgar is the least likely to survive this expansion. He might not even survive 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Turalyon is the oldest. And easily the least interesting one right now.

They could make him interesting if they explore the Light as a potential threat to mortals, but as long as he's this "role model paladin", he can go down at any point and not affect the story in any significant way.
    I only want to see him stick around for the conflict between him and Alleria, Light VS Void.

I don't know if this has been said already, but the new ToV logo doesn't have seaweed and the crack in the bottom not in the same place. So probably those logos are from different sources.