Poll: Will Jaina become the one of the antagonist in the next expansion?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Looks to me like Jaina will be the new Lich Queen and it will be our task to send her back to the kitchen where she belongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunai Vax View Post
    If they had something along the lines of ''powerful men of Warcraft'' SJW's would lose their minds, so lets no pretend this whole thing isnt about political correctness.
    I wouldnt have a problem with this theme if there wasnt such blatent double standards.

First of all SJW isn't an actual group and is only a word made up by people to "counter and belittle" PC people. (Mostly against those that border on taking away rights and are being hypocrits.) So while yes, a group of PC people would be upset about such a title no matter the context, they are a small radical group. While in reality, even though such movements are smaller, a "powerful men of "X" title for something wouldn't be a bad thing if it is used to persuade more men to join "X" if it is because men are having a harder time joining "X". So no, while there would be people complaining, and there would be a lot due to men's issues not being recognised enough yet, those people that would be complaining would be in the wrong and doesn't make the "message" wrong.

Second, you do realise you are talking about double standards while doing the exact same thing; I.a. getting upset about something because another group would do something. The bigger person would realise that "SJW's" that are against helping all groups, are not actually representing "PC" stuff. defyning something by its most radical supporters leads us nowhere while the truth is, most people are closer to the middle of the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Garona would like to chat with you.
    she is 1/2 orc 1/2 draenei, but yeah she will steal beat the sh8t out of me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And please stop calling it a "purge" because putting people in jail isn't a purse. The player killed like 3 people who fought back. Jaina went around teleporting people to the Violet Hold.
    1) she was killing any who would resist, not just 'teleport' to jail, don't mix gameplay with lore
    2) it is called purge by the game itself, not me, so stop denying what blizz said

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    You don't want a cow as the spokesperson for feminism in a videogame. The only "strong" female characters that exist and people are aware of are Tyrande, Jaina and Sylvanas. That's why they are not going to get rid of them in like forever.
    Magatha is relatively new (wow) but she is a big character lore player in taurens (whose role is small i know), she turn upside down the traditional tauren lore, she is contrast to all of them, strong charismatic leader who is willing to go anywhere to achieve her goals
    I won't call him ever weak, heck she may done more than Tyrande in wow so far
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Jaina will be a raid boss level antagonist; but I can definitely see her antagonizing the horde; but not all of it though. Despite allowing the Alliance military to build their highway through Duskwallow and into Barrens, making her indirectly responsible for the massacre at Camp T; Baine still tried to warn Jaina that Garrosh was going to attack; though not knowing the methods he'd be using. While I fully expect Jaina to be fully and completely against the horde; I wouldn't consider her evil or unjustified unless she started targeting the Tauren. The other non-orc races she could rage at due to their lack of action against Garrosh before he turned on them; but Baine did try; and if she is anything like the Jaina she used to be; that will show.

It is time Yrel stepped through the portal.8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Jaina led an attack on Orgrimmar, ultimately leading to Theramoore's destruction.
    Jaina SINGLE HANDED ruined the attempt to have Blood Elves join the Alliance during MoP
    Jaina, SINGLE HANDED persecuted innocent Kirin Tor Blood Elves, during MoP
    After SoO, Jaina attempted to play the role of Judge and Jury in an internal Horde issue, where Varian had to silence her like an insolent child..
    Jaina really fused to let Horde into Dalaran during Legion and when she was voted down, 5-1 (including her own vote) she went AWOL from the Council of Six

All this was done, while claiming to be Neutral.. And you say, she have not harmed the Alliance?
    No amount of PR can ever make up for it.
    sigh unless you find the horde evil your pretty hypocritical.
    Give up the jaina is evil narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    1) she was killing any who would resist, not just 'teleport' to jail, don't mix gameplay with lore
    2) it is called purge by the game itself, not me, so stop denying what blizz said
    you do know blizzard said that jaina killing them was a bug? (if you trust blizzards words)
    Also weird how your able to remember such a side detail but not all the RP text before hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post
    First of all SJW isn't an actual group and is only a word made up by people to "counter and belittle" PC people. (Mostly against those that border on taking away rights and are being hypocrits.) So while yes, a group of PC people would be upset about such a title no matter the context, they are a small radical group. While in reality, even though such movements are smaller, a "powerful men of "X" title for something wouldn't be a bad thing if it is used to persuade more men to join "X" if it is because men are having a harder time joining "X". So no, while there would be people complaining, and there would be a lot due to men's issues not being recognised enough yet, those people that would be complaining would be in the wrong and doesn't make the "message" wrong.

Second, you do realise you are talking about double standards while doing the exact same thing; I.a. getting upset about something because another group would do something. The bigger person would realise that "SJW's" that are against helping all groups, are not actually representing "PC" stuff. defyning something by its most radical supporters leads us nowhere while the truth is, most people are closer to the middle of the argument.

First of all its not a small radical group. This kind of double standard has spread accross the entire EU and NA, its being forced onto the general public by governments, huge corporations that have monopolies and hollywood just to name a few.
    Second, im not really getting upset at it, simply rolling my eyes at it. You're the one feeling the need to reply to everyone in this post that has an opinion you dont like so if anything, its you who seems to be getting upset.
    Third : a couple of years ago there was an article in the bussiness times about global market research concluding that around 35% of WoW players are female, so it doesnt really seem like there's a problem to begin with. Perhaps if they want to encourage more women to play they should focus on the broken aspects of their game rather than their virtue signalling. Replace that stupid panel about ''powerfull women'' with a panel about broken PVP and what they are doing to fix it perhaps ? I think that would draw more ''people'' to come give WoW a chance.

I loved Pre Cata Jaina, hell when waiting for guild raids to form, I'd sit with her in her tower in Theramore. I hated what they did to her. Hopefully she is not the antagonist of the next expac, I'd rather see Thrall killed off 1st before they screw with Jaina more. On a side note, I could see the Windrunner sisters as the catalysts for another Horde v. Alliance expac, or at least the driving "story" for that oh so important World pvp.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what anyone says Jaina and Sylvanas will always be the top two sexy women of wow faction leaderwise.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    First of all its not a small radical group. This kind of double standard has spread accross the entire EU and NA, its being forced onto the general public by governments, huge corporations that have monopolies and hollywood just to name a few.
    Second, im not really getting upset at it, simply rolling my eyes at it. You're the one feeling the need to reply to everyone in this post that has an opinion you dont like so if anything, its you who seems to be getting upset.
    Third : a couple of years ago there was an article in the bussiness times about global market research concluding that around 35% of WoW players are female, so it doesnt really seem like there's a problem to begin with. Perhaps if they want to encourage more women to play they should focus on the broken aspects of their game rather than their virtue signalling. Replace that stupid panel about ''powerfull women'' with a panel about broken PVP and what they are doing to fix it perhaps ? I think that would draw more ''people'' to come give WoW a chance.
    You know a panel to talk about broken pvp is just the wow panel right? It’s not like they don’t talk about pvp at blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I loved Pre Cata Jaina, hell when waiting for guild raids to form, I'd sit with her in her tower in Theramore. I hated what they did to her. Hopefully she is not the antagonist of the next expac, I'd rather see Thrall killed off 1st before they screw with Jaina more. On a side note, I could see the Windrunner sisters as the catalysts for another Horde v. Alliance expac, or at least the driving "story" for that oh so important World pvp.
    Never read the books so i cant really comment on how they changed her in WoW, but i always found her annoying. I think if they turned her into the antagonist i might start to like her more, especially if she kills thrall
    I

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You know a panel to talk about broken pvp is just the wow panel right? It’s not like they don’t talk about pvp at blizzcon.
    Wasnt really my point though. Was just an example off the top of my head. Which im sure you knew anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Never read the books so i cant really comment on how they changed her in WoW, but i always found her annoying. I think if they turned her into the antagonist i might start to like her more, especially if she kills thrall
    I

- - - Updated - - -

Wasnt really my point though. Was just an example off the top of my head. Which im sure you knew anyway.
    Why would I know that anyway? You gave an example I refuted your example if it’s a poor example it’s your fault.

Deleted
    Why would I know that anyway? You gave an example I refuted your example if it’s a poor example it’s your fault.
    You're right, i wrongly assumed you had bothered to read the whole post rather than just picking apart one sentence so you can strawman me. Do you roam the foums looking for arguments to start with folks? Good job.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're right, i wrongly assumed you had bothered to read the whole post rather than just picking apart one sentence so you can strawman me. Do you roam the foums looking for arguments to start with folks? Good job.
    I read your whole post most of it I found ireleavent. 35% of players are woman you think they should do something else to draw people in you gave an example of something that’s already covered at blizzcon. I pointed it out. If you have problems with people refuting your flawed examples don’t give flawed examples then get all defensive.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2017-10-24 at 04:30 PM. Reason: S

Deleted
    I read your whole post most of it I found ireleavent. 35% of players are woman you think they should do something else to draw people in you gave an example of something that’s already covered at blizzcon. I pointed it out. If you have problems with people refuting your flawed examples then get all defensive.
    If they had a dedicated panel to address broken PVP rather than just including it in a general panel then more people might come watch and take what they say about the subject more seriously. How many gamers are going to see a panel called ''powerful women of warcraft'' and think ''oh! WoW might be a game i should start playing again''.
    Anyway, my point was spending more time addressing problems in the game ( not necessarily PVP ) rather than imagined problems in society. Its a game convension.
    You read my post, felt a need to jump in and point out something irrelavent to the point of my post. Thanks for your input.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they had a dedicated panel to address broken PVP rather than just including it in a general panel then more people might come watch and take what they say about the subject more seriously. How many gamers are going to see a panel called ''powerful women of warcraft'' and think ''oh! WoW might be a game i should start playing again''.
    Anyway, my point was spending more time addressing problems in the game ( not necessarily PVP ) rather than imagined problems in society. Its a game convension.
    You read my post, felt a need to jump in and point out something irrelavent to the point of my post. Thanks for your input.
    Question. Do you think they shouldn’t have had art panels for any of there various game like they had in the past? A good chuck of players don’t care how the art is made just as a good chuck don’t care about the voice actors.

Deleted
    Question. Do you think they shouldn’t have had art panels for any of there various game like they had in the past? A good chuck of players don’t care how the art is made just as a good chuck don’t care about the voice actors.
    Question : Will you keep moving the goal posts until it becomes an argument you can win?

Game art has nothing to do with political correctness. As ive said already, its a game convention.
    I do see where you're coming from though. Its a fair point, but anyone with just a little bit of common sense can see the reasoning behind this panel. And if you want to argue that im being paranoid then convince me that a panel called ''powerful men of warcraft'' is just as likely to be shown at Blizcon next year and ill concede.
    Last edited by mmoc2330c07665; 2017-10-24 at 05:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Question : Will you keep moving the goal posts until you find an argument you can win?

Game art has nothing to do with political correctness. As ive said already, its a game convension.
    I do see where you're coming from though. Its a fair point, but anyone with just a little bit of common sense can see the reasoning behind this panel. And if you want to argue that im being paranoid then convince me that a panel called ''powerful men of warcraft'' is just as likely to be shown at Blizcon next year and ill concede.
    There was no goal post to move. You said they should have a pvp panel they already go over pvp so you said it wasn’t about pvp then doubled down and said they should talk about pvp because you have subjective problems about it. The disscution was going no where so I asked you a more relevant question rather then arguing with you about your subjective problems with pvp and how you feel they should cover it.

Voice acting is also a important part of the game and story telling. Sure it might be because political reasons but that doesn’t mean they still shouldn’t do it more so as there “powerful” woman are big figures in the story at the moment. I won’t watch the panel just as I never watched the art panel in the past but it has just as much right to be there even if I or you don’t care about it.

Deleted
    There was no goal post to move. You said they should have a pvp panel they already go over pvp so you said it wasn’t about pvp then doubled down and said they should talk about pvp because you have subjective problems about it. The disscution was going no where so I asked you a more relevant rather then arguing with you about your subjective problems with pvp and how you feel they should cover it.

Voice acting is also a important part of the game and story telling. Sure it might be because political reasons but that doesn’t mean they still shouldn’t do it more so as there “powerful” woman are big figures in the story at the moment. I won’t watch the panel just as I never watched the art panel in the past but it has just as much right to be there even if I or you don’t care about it.
    I suggested a PVP panel ( go back and read the post) and you kept making that the focus of your arguement so on my third reply i decided to address your gripe even though it was never the point of my idea. Your argument wasnt going in the direction you wanted so you changed it up and moved the goal posts.
    I indulged you with your new gripe and conceded that you make a fair point but you didnt address the flaws in your new argument, you simply doubled down.
    Political agendas dont have a place at a games convention.
    If people are going to make the argument that its about drawing more ''women'' to play the game then im going to make the argument that a large percentage of the current player base is already female and spending more panel time on addressing problems in the game would be far more affective at drawing more ''people'' back into WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    I suggested a PVP panel ( go back and read the post) and you kept making that the focus of your arguement so on my third reply i decided to address your gripe even though it was never the point of my idea. Your argument wasnt going in the direction you wanted so you changed it up and moved the goal posts.
    I indulged you with your new gripe and conceded that you make a fair point but you didnt address the flaws in your new argument, you simply doubled down.
    Political agendas dont have a place at a games convention.
    If people are going to make the argument that its about drawing more ''women'' to play the game then im going to make the argument that a large percentage of the current player base is already female and spending more panel time on addressing problems in the game would be far more affective at drawing more ''people'' back into WoW.
    You are aware I only brought up pvp once in my first reply right? You brougt up an example I pointed out it was a poor example you got defensive and brought up pvp again. There was no goal post to move I pointed out you had a flawed example you brought your example up again and tried to make it about your personal problems with pvp and how they talk about it so I tried to move the conversation to a relative subject.

As to politics they have a place where ever the devs of the games want them it’s there event how you feel about it is irrelevant. Just as the art panels in the past not all of the panels are about drawing in new people and some are showing how they do things. I don’t care for the powerful woman panel but in the end it’s judt like the art panel something that doesn’t effect me and I won’t watch.

As to talking about problems with the game they already have QnA and not every one has the same problem with the game as you do so out side of QnA they can’t adress the problems.