Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So if Khadgar kills someone hitting him with the staff, counts as a Warrior kill right?

This fan Jesus...............

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Most of these aren't warriors.
    Why have you been so inattentive? I've already repeated a million times, I do not care what class the character belongs to in the game. I look at the lor. And in the lor they all sometimes fought like ordinary warriors, and it's for these skills that I evaluate them and not by the power of magic and so on.
    1. Tyrion fought without the magic of light? Against Eitrigg
    2.Rexxar fought for the Horde? Fought.
    3. Arthas fought without Light? Yes.
    4. Uther fought in the second war without Light? Yes.
    5. Rehgar and Thrall were the gladiators, and fought against the Alliance, Thrall, by the way, won the old Orgrim? Yes, yes, yes.
    6.Turalyon fought at the Dark Portal without the magic of Light? Yes.
    Before saying anything, read in detail my big post and read the books that I pointed out under each character, and then write comments. Regards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    You are inconsiderate, he is in Top, look carefully.

- - - Updated - - -

All of them fought several times without magic, which is why they are, but far from the strongest warriors.
    I hate to be this guy but, by that logic since my Warlock auto attacked mobs to death at early levels, he's a warrior as well? Just because they didn't need their full potential or were limited from it doesn't mean they are no longer their given class.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    So if Khadgar kills someone hitting him with the staff, counts as a Warrior kill right?

Khadgar never demonstrated the skills of a warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I hate to be this guy but, by that logic since my Warlock auto attacked mobs to death at early levels, he's a warrior as well?
    Learn to read please. I compare the characters existing in the lor, and not us and you in the game FCK. !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Lol no Broxigar, who was supposed to be nº1.
    Possibly the most overrated character is all of WOW "lore". Remove the uber-enchanted axe and he is still a skilled and courageous fighter, but nothing anywhere in the lore suggests he would be a match for Varian, or Hellscream, or Orgrim, or random orc soldier killing demons on the Broken Shore.

- - - Updated - - -

Why have you been so inattentive? I've already repeated a million times, I do not care what class the character belongs to in the game. I look at the lor. And in the lor they all sometimes fought like ordinary warriors, and it's for these skills that I evaluate them and not by the power of magic and so on.
    5. Rehgar and Thrall were the gladiators, and fought against the Alliance, Thrall, by the way, won the old Orgrim? Yes, yes, yes.
    Before saying anything, read in detail my big post and read the books that I pointed out under each character, and then write comments. Regards.
    So in your estimation, any character who ever wields a sword/shield/axe/mace, etc and uses it to defeat an opponent in melee combat qualifies as a warrior?

You are inconsiderate, he is in Top, look carefully.

- - - Updated - - -

All of them fought several times without magic, which is why they are, but far from the strongest warriors.
    Yea of course, he's next to someone with an "and", just like many others, so it's not a "top 20". Not only that, but there's a lot of characters that are not Warriors. Would you call the Warcraft movie version of Gul'Dan a warrior just because he thought Durotan without magic? It makes no sense.

And again, Broxigar is nº1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar never demonstrated the skills of a warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

Learn to read please. I compare the characters existing in the lor, and not us and you in the game FCK. !!!!

Your argument is that classes that use magic fought once or twice without magic, and are therefore "warriors". That's not how it works. Blizzard says Turalyon is a paladin, so he's a paladin, not a warrior. It's their world, their characters. Fan made lists like this are often silly to begin with, but when half your list consists of people who don't even fit the category, it's just pointless.

Is it just me or is this list composed mostly of humans and orcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Possibly the most overrated character is all of WOW "lore". Remove the uber-enchanted axe and he is still a skilled and courageous fighter, but nothing anywhere in the lore suggests he would be a match for Varian, or Hellscream, or Orgrim, or random orc soldier killing demons on the Broken Shore.

- - - Updated - - -

So in your estimation, any character who ever wields a sword/shield/axe/mace, etc and uses it to defeat an opponent in melee combat qualifies as a warrior?
    Yes, you are almost right about Broxigar, but he was with fighters fighting demons on the pass of Hyjal, where Brox was the only survivor. And there he fought with a simple hammer. This indicates that Brox is strong enough. As for the second question, if this action stands out against the background of other characters of another class. For example, if we take Arthas (not a death knight, but a man), then the only thing he did as a warrior was to cut Stratholme. his other actions were done with the help of
    necromancy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Is it just me or is this list composed mostly of humans and orcs?
    Cairne-tauren, Сaptain Varo'then-elf guardian.Is there some more Maraad, Nobundo-the strongest of the famous Draenei defenders of Shattrath,but then the top would grow to Top 30 or Top 40, lol.
    In the top only canonical characters from books, stories and comics.

- - - Updated - - -

Your argument is that classes that use magic fought once or twice without magic, and are therefore "warriors". That's not how it works. Blizzard says Turalyon is a paladin, so he's a paladin, not a warrior. It's their world, their characters. Fan made lists like this are often silly to begin with, but when half your list consists of people who don't even fit the category, it's just pointless.
    I do not care who the class Turalyon. If he fought without light in battle and broke into Draenor with the expedition, then he is worthy to be in this Top warriors. This is not the top of the strongest warriors of the game class Warrior. If Rexar is stronger in the battle of half of the orc warlords, then that he will not win them? Maybe you want to say that Eitrigg or Thrall as a gladiator will beat Rexxar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Sargeras is the strongest warrior.

/end thread

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Yea of course, he's next to someone with an "and", just like many others, so it's not a "top 20". Not only that, but there's a lot of characters that are not Warriors. Would you call the Warcraft movie version of Gul'Dan a warrior just because he thought Durotan without magic? It makes no sense.

And again, Broxigar is nº1.
    The film is not a canon. Your opinion is that Brox is the first, considering the magic of the ax? Lol.Also lost the battle to the faster Captain Varo'then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Nope, Sargeras is the strongest warrior.

/end thread
    Ahahaha. Let's stick with those characters who for the most part lived in Azeroth or Draenor. And if serious, now Sargeras is the best character in all classes.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by funcik; 2017-10-24 at 06:51 PM.

I think you can call Thrall a Warrior, he did beat up Grom Hellscream after escaping a prison where he was an unbeaten cage fighter before he trained to be a Shaman. That said, player character is the top Warrior if you believe what the game tells you. It's all a bit silly anyway, subjective views on fictional material that isn't even consistent with itself.

Grom is the the most iconic Warrior for me, but it's a popularity contest more than anything.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

So... where is Kurdran?

You know ,the dwarf who has 9 dragons slain on his own during second war? I mean, how can you include guys like Rexxar, Thrall or Uther(wtf?) on the list, who really aren't too impressive of a fighters and ignore a guy who was fighting dragons.

And you put Magni as honorable mention? Even Muradin is a better fighter than Magni. (Magni was the king/smith, Muradin was the strongest warrior within Bronzebeards).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think you can call Thrall a Warrior, he did beat up Grom Hellscream after escaping a prison where he was an unbeaten cage fighter before he trained to be a Shaman.
    I haven't read the book in awhile, but I believe he beat up Orgrim, not Grom.

You can certainly call him a trained fighter, but that still doesn't necessarily make him a Warrior insofar as Warcraft defines the class. That's the problem with this whole thread, with the OP equating warrior with Warrior, when they're decidedly not the same thing. Strictly speaking, I firmly believe that many NPC's don't fall completely within the player class paradigm anyway. Sylvanas isn't a Hunter - she's a Dark Ranger, and Muradin isn't a Warrior - he's a Mountain King, but that's an entirely different conversation.

Even aside from all that, how do we qualify Thrall's time as a gladiator? It certainly wasn't a grand arena on the level in which Varian or Kargath fought, and he was never pit against anything other than starved animals and penniless people for the entertainment of the local lord. Is even defeating an old and grizzled Doomhammer that much of an accomplishment? It obviously wasn't a serious fight for Orgrim, who was only trying to test the young Orc, and Orgrim himself managed to die by being stabbed in the back by a nameless pikeman. I just don't think it's quite relatable to what other Warriors have accomplished. It's like saying that Brox is a great Warrior because he was the sole survivor of a battle. Hate to break it, but being a lone survivor doesn't mean you're any better than those who died, just luckier.

Finally, there's the flawed idea that "using a weapon to kill something" means the character "fights as a warrior", and that they just "turned off" whatever other power they're endowed with. It quite simply doesn't work that way, and even if it did, we'd have very little ability to tell the difference unless specifically mentioned - the only example of which is Thrall's fight with Garrosh, which didn't go all that well for him. There's no other evidence to support that the Paladins listed above ever cut off their connection to the light and "acted as a warrior".

I also want to finally drive home the point that Rexxar using melee weapons doesn't mean he's a Warrior! Survival Hunters use melee weapons too, and Rexxar also uses beasts, traps, projectile weapons, and wards. It's ridiculous to claim that just because he swung an axe, he's now a Warrior.

Pretty much what Archimtiros said, this thread could easily have been titled "top 20 most powerful melee fighters Warcraft for all time" instead to make it abundantly clear what you meant. I don't even think all of these are particularily strong because of their melee fighting capabilities... some of them have alot of outside aid, whether it is magic or beast.
    Last edited by Heffladin; 2017-10-24 at 11:08 PM.

You forgot these 3:

Varian, Aggramar, and Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post

IN the tank challenge scenario, Velen does insane amount of damage if he hits things with his staff, compared to his spell attacks.

Velen is a warrior!

- - - Updated - - -

Tyrion is in WoW? Where is that dwarf!

Why do people still get Tirion's name mixed up with Tyrion. WoW is NOT A song of fire and ice.

For starters, Tirion Fordring isn't a "dwarf".

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Why do people still get Tirion's name mixed up with Tyrion. WoW is NOT A song of fire and ice.
    Why do people still get the title mixed up? A Song of Ice and Fire is NOT A song of fire and ice.

Just kidding, tbh I think fire and ice sounds better than ice and fire anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    You forgot these 3:

Varian, Aggramar, and Sargeras.
    Varian on the 10th place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think you can call Thrall a Warrior, he did beat up Grom Hellscream after escaping a prison where he was an unbeaten cage fighter before he trained to be a Shaman. That said, player character is the top Warrior if you believe what the game tells you. It's all a bit silly anyway, subjective views on fictional material that isn't even consistent with itself.

Grom is the the most iconic Warrior for me, but it's a popularity contest more than anything.
    Thrall never defeated Grommash. He defeated the old Orgrim

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    So... where is Kurdran?

You know ,the dwarf who has 9 dragons slain on his own during second war? I mean, how can you include guys like Rexxar, Thrall or Uther(wtf?) on the list, who really aren't too impressive of a fighters and ignore a guy who was fighting dragons.

And you put Magni as honorable mention? Even Muradin is a better fighter than Magni. (Magni was the king/smith, Muradin was the strongest warrior within Bronzebeards).
    What famous characters Muradin killed?

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to be this guy but, by that logic since my Warlock auto attacked mobs to death at early levels, he's a warrior as well? Just because they didn't need their full potential or were limited from it doesn't mean they are no longer their given class.
    A warlock using magic is not considered a warrior.

Varian on the 10th place

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall never defeated Grommash. He defeated the old Orgrim

- - - Updated - - -

What famous characters Muradin killed?

- - - Updated - - -

A warlock using magic is not considered a warrior.
    Varian? 10th?

Pretty sure he's stronger than Grom, but whatever.