Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If Blizz wants caster to hard cast then they have to tune down melee uptime. If not give casters movement while casting. I've always been a caster at heart, but this xpac I've not touched one because melee is just way more fun in PvP and PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    If Blizz wants caster to hard cast then they have to tune down melee uptime. If not give casters movement while casting. I've always been a caster at heart, but this xpac I've not touched one because melee is just way more fun in PvP and PvE.
    Alternatively make trivial casts non interruptable. I really don't see why Lightning Bolt or Vampiric Touch, or Fireball need to be interruptable. Spammable cc (poly/fear) and big nukes (Chaosbolt/Ebonbolt)? Sure, but filler shit that deals less than melee hits.. ? That would already go a long way I think in making casters less frustrating and awkward without upsetting balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggsa View Post
    And how was it before that? Mage > frost nova > blink > frost bolt > repeat > warrior dead without toutching you.
    Are we talking about 1v1 here or what? Warriors healer could dispell him without cooldown on it in the past , and even with cooldown it is ok enough actually. So it evens out at the end. Caster could get away from melee to do anything that a caster is actually supposed to do... to CAST. but warrior needs help from his heal to get out of roots and all that. (That is called kind of balanced out) Today, a melee do not need a healer to get out of the slows/roots etc. they just press their 3 buttons and steamroll any caster into death with ridiculous uptime on them. (That is not in any way balanced at all). heck even as a Shadow priest in TBC i could get away from melees very often and actually kite for a couple of seconds with CC etc. to do some casts. Today, you just stand there and have to tank the damage of 2 melees with 99% uptime. That is so dumb. And that is why interrupts seem so strong, because casters can not get away, at all.
    Last edited by nodq; 2017-10-20 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Alternatively make trivial casts non interruptable. I really don't see why Lightning Bolt or Vampiric Touch, or Fireball need to be interruptable. Spammable cc (poly/fear) and big nukes (Chaosbolt/Ebonbolt)? Sure, but filler shit that deals less than melee hits.. ? That would already go a long way I think in making casters less frustrating and awkward without upsetting balance.
    Yea, that was gonna be my other idea. Just make filler spells castable on the move, this would honestly make game play feel way more exciting in both PvP and PvE. At least I could run around and kite players PvP or NPCs in PvE.

Every melee has an interrupt so why shouldn't all casters get a disarm (like 3 sec) as well? It doesn't solve everything but makes it even in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Every melee has an interrupt so why shouldn't all casters get a disarm (like 3 sec) as well? It doesn't solve everything but makes it even in that department.
    that would kill melees... proper thing to do would probably be to not give every class the same damn tools which they tried a couple of times and it's backfired in pvp every time. oh and did they remove DR? i swear sometimes i spend more time cc'd than i actually control my char =/

Casters being able to move while casting is simply the same as a warrior able to move while doing his abilities

Deleted
    I feel like just about every other hard cast I do nowadays I get spell-locked if not outright stunned.

I can get away with a lot of hard cast heals as a Holy Paladin, but I agree if 3 melee jump you, youre basically dead. When you see BGs with 2 healers and nothing but melee... Blizzard should realize there is an issue at hand.

Actually casters dont need any boost.

In battlegrounds its always easier to player caster where you can pve from safe distance when melees are exposed in front line.

About rated arenas. There are sooo many casters in top 100. Balance druids, shadow priests, ele shamans, a lot of mages and warlocks.
    Casters are just harder, you have to care about interupts and losing more but hey even at 2.5k+ mmr caster cleaves are tanking dmg in middle doing pve rotation because casters are actually so tanky compared to idk WOTLK where wasting portal before bladestorm = dead or all cds gone.

it wouldnt be even because every caster also has an interrupt, cept healers, and its a ranged interrupt. if you really wanted it to be even, give all melee a ranged interrupt. Then you would be crying about that disarm once you fight another caster, and we all know disarming a caster gets you nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haznomana View Post
    Casters being able to move while casting is simply the same as a warrior able to move while doing his abilities
    its not the same, melee have to be in melee range to do their damage....casters only need to be within 40yards to their damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Actually casters dont need any boost.

In battlegrounds its always easier to player caster where you can pve from safe distance when melees are exposed in front line.

About rated arenas. There are sooo many casters in top 100. Balance druids, shadow priests, ele shamans, a lot of mages and warlocks.
    Casters are just harder, you have to care about interupts and losing more but hey even at 2.5k+ mmr caster cleaves are tanking dmg in middle doing pve rotation because casters are actually so tanky compared to idk WOTLK where wasting portal before bladestorm = dead or all cds gone.
    agreed 100%, i would also ask any caster to pick any melee class and play a turtle game of AV and see how much fun they have

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I would agree if it didnt seem like clothies have the same amount of armor as plate...a mage face-tanking a DK is ridiculous and if it was actually dangerous for a clothie to let a heavy armored class near them, like in BC, then i would consider that change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Yea, that was gonna be my other idea. Just make filler spells castable on the move, this would honestly make game play feel way more exciting in both PvP and PvE. At least I could run around and kite players PvP or NPCs in PvE.
    so, just for an example, what is the frost mage filler spell? Cause ice lance is already instant and it would be stupid to allow frostbolt to be casted while moving.
    Last edited by Omaski; 2017-10-24 at 06:16 PM.

Melee with ranged interrupt .. multiple sources of CC .. multiple ranged abilities .. multiple gap closing abilities .. full health bar instant CD .. self healing .. multiple ways of interrupting hard casts .. quite easy positional requirements to attack ..

Melee today learning curve is much flatter than any other time in WoW .. Result? PvP not fun for any one not playing melee .. AGAIN rated is NOT PvP for 9x% of the player base ..

Never forget that you want new players to enjoy casual PvP as to motivate them to go into rated .. No fun in random = no new blood in rated .. SIMPLZ

Casters are more difficult at low level in the current system where kiting doesn't exist anymore. They have a higher skill floor. Know yourself, if you don't intend to practice to reach Elite ratings, stay on melee specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaski View Post
    it wouldnt be even because every caster also has an interrupt, cept healers, and its a ranged interrupt. if you really wanted it to be even, give all melee a ranged interrupt. Then you would be crying about that disarm once you fight another caster, and we all know disarming a caster gets you nowhere.
    I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense to me at all...

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense to me at all...
    you were making it seem like all melee had interrupts so you suggested that casters get a disarm, but i was stating that all casters have an interrupt as well except healers. And u went on to say that casters having a disarm would make it "even", where i said that for it to be actually "even" you would have to give all melee a ranged interrupt, or if we went with your idea of giving casters a disarm instead of an interrupt, casters would cry when fighting another caster because that disarm that you wanted so bad is useless against another caster.

So it's ok that a melee can shut down a caster completly (besides their stuns) and a caster can't do the same to a melee? If there wheren't that many gap closers I could life with it easily but currently it seems very uneven.

So it's ok that a melee can shut down a caster completly (besides their stuns) and a caster can't do the same to a melee? If there wheren't that many gap closers I could life with it easily but currently it seems very uneven.
    You can stand in middle of the arenas, tank all damage and press your pve rotation as caster. Casters also got tools to stop melees, stop talking they dont. I am play rshaman/arcane in 2s and mage got better peel than any other melee. Nova -> dispel - > 8 sec poly.

Also most casters got spamable ranged CC and a lot of ways to stop other casters dps like warlock with coil, fear and 2x spelllock where demo lock spelllock currently ignore grounding totem that is insane. Thats why casters vs casters 3v3 games takes so long time because casters have actually a lot of ways to stop casters damage.

Actually with current casters dmg, cc and surviability melees are forced to play turtle games, you just cant stay mid dpsing those casters because you will simply die on 5 sec ranged instant silence xD

I had plesaure to play on low ratings in last days (1500-1900) and there are so many melee cleaves but when i was playing on my main at 2.3k-2.4k mmr there are so many caster cleaves. Casters are just harder but more rewarding (except rogues).

You can stand in middle of the arenas, tank all damage and press your pve rotation as caster. Casters also got tools to stop melees, stop talking they dont. I am play rshaman/arcane in 2s and mage got better peel than any other melee. Nova -> dispel - > 8 sec poly.

Also most casters got spamable ranged CC and a lot of ways to stop other casters dps like warlock with coil, fear and 2x spelllock where demo lock spelllock currently ignore grounding totem that is insane. Thats why casters vs casters 3v3 games takes so long time because casters have actually a lot of ways to stop casters damage.

Actually with current casters dmg, cc and surviability melees are forced to play turtle games, you just cant stay mid dpsing those casters because you will simply die on 5 sec ranged instant silence xD

I had plesaure to play on low ratings in last days (1500-1900) and there are so many melee cleaves but when i was playing on my main at 2.3k-2.4k mmr there are so many caster cleaves. Casters are just harder but more rewarding (except rogues).
    Mages have the ability to peel.

Warlocks, S. Priests, Ele. Shamans, and Bal. Druids have WAY less tools. A competent Melee can stick to all of them like glue. The melee have more closers than the DPS casters have escapes. Warlocks have NO bseline ability to peel, nor do S. Priests.

There is nothing preventing a melee from simply parking on hour face and going Full mongoloid.

So, uh, dunno what PvP youre playing, but it doesnt bear any resemblance to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Mages have the ability to peel.

Warlocks, S. Priests, Ele. Shamans, and Bal. Druids have WAY less tools. A competent Melee can stick to all of them like glue. The melee have more closers than the DPS casters have escapes. Warlocks have NO bseline ability to peel, nor do S. Priests.

There is nothing preventing a melee from simply parking on hour face and going Full mongoloid.

So, uh, dunno what PvP youre playing, but it doesnt bear any resemblance to reality.
    Not to be offensive but when you look at EU arenas forum all that players crying about casters are 1400-1700 players - problem disappear at higher mmr where casters actually have brain and shows what their class is capable of. Also warlock have fear baseline and at about 1800 mmr they start spam fear everyone when someone is dying. And it doesnt matter if their peel is baseline or not most specs offer nice peel.

Yes melees have more gap closer than casters escapes (not talking about arcane mage) but doesnt it matter if kitting is no longer something they need? Mid arena dmg tanking with pveing everything is much better than skillfull damage avoiding as melees standing mid too long will be dead so fast.

I have more screenshots to compare melee and casters performance but i will let you see this one with about same time - difference by XX seconds.

https://imgur.com/a/4cXg8

Casters are just harder but more rewarding
    warlock have fear baseline and at about 1800 mmr they start spam fear everyone when someone is dying
    Mid arena dmg tanking with pveing everything is much better than skillfull damage avoiding as melees standing mid too long will be dead so fast

feels legion pvp exDee
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-10-29 at 10:09 AM.