Thread: Pet Peeves

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Whoa there buddy, you have some serious issues don't you ? Than again, most of people who try that are little angry men.
    You are the bad guy blocking the path on the escalator. Its honestly hilarious that you think the people trying to get by you are the bad ones. It pisses me off because I have dealt with your kind. Standing there, seeing someone trying to move up, and just pretending to ignore it by standing there. Are you honestly going to attempt to claim its not lazy to just stand there? Often times its a fatty, sometimes its an old person or just some average sized jerk. Some of us value our personal time and want to make the most of it. Hint: not by wasting time on the escalator.

BTW, there is no "trying" it. I always get past on the escalator or the road. People move if given enough of a push.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    You are the bad guy blocking the path on the escalator. Its honestly hilarious that you think the people trying to get by you are the bad ones. It pisses me off because I have dealt with your kind. Standing there, seeing someone trying to move up, and just pretending to ignore it by standing there. Are you honestly going to attempt to claim its not lazy to just stand there? Often times its a fatty, sometimes its an old person or just some average sized jerk. Some of us value our personal time and want to make the most of it. Hint: not by wasting time on the escalator.

BTW, there is no "trying" it. I always get past on the escalator or the road. People move if given enough of a push.
    Fuck yeah i will stand where i please. Everyone just stands on them then you have this 1/100 guy who thinks he is more important then rest and can rush. And if you truly "value" your time you wouldnt need to save those 5 seconds on escalator.

As for pushes....with my body build i don't need to worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who insist on doing things quickly instead of doing them correctly.

Oblivious people account for many of the peeves, oblivious that the light turned green, that it turned red, that they are squishy pedestrians crossing illegally, that someone is trying to change lanes, and many more examples.

People that spit when they talk. Say it don't spray it mother fucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

1. Poor signal use.

It literally takes a millisecond to switch the handle down or up.

2. Loud people, noises, etc.

I cannot stand loud people, nor anything with a loud environment. Too much to handle.

3. People who disobey the rules.

It is absolutely agitating, when people disobey rules and mess things up for the rest of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Customers who when buying shit expect to get it at ridiculously cheap or free. I work in retail and so often a barcode won't work right, and the go to response from so many customers is 'oh its free then!'. Yes, I'm going to hand over an item to you for free because the barcode was printed badly.

Also customers who bring items to a till just to find out the barcodes missing, forcing me to ring up someone to find the code, meaning the customer has to wait, and yet they get annoyed at me for it. Fuck you people.

Let's not forget the people who bring their screaming children into a store, and does nothing to see to them, they just let them scream and hurt everyone's ears around you. Take your little piece of shit and fuck off from my store if you can't hold off shopping while its having a tantrum
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-10-24 at 08:25 AM.
    #boycottchina

People who say gif wrong.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

People living longer than they need to.

Deleted
    When you've gone through something really personal (or have someone close who has been) and you tell a friend/colleague/whatever to talk about it and they saw 'It's ok I understand' when you know for a fact they haven't been through anything remotely what you've been through.

It's not the same as having empathy to me. Empathy would be 'Sorry to hear that, let me know what I can do to help', the other response is like 'yeah well I've been through the same thing so you're not allowed to feel the way you do'...that's how it feels anyway :P I just hate that kind of response xD

...that and when people dye their pets colours or have them constantly dressed up. Hate it, let them be an animal. /actualPETpeeve

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    People who are very obviously old enough to be out of school, yet can't take the time to learn how to spell and/or type proper fucking English. This is shit you should've learned by the 5th grade, seriously folks.

Colloquialisms, idioms, memes, leet speak, not first language, and all that sort of thing aside, of course.
    It drives me round the bend when people misuse the usual culprits of their, there, they're, your, you're, know, no, now, were and where. I don't mean as a genuine typo, I mean as actually thinking they are synonymous.

It's completely irrational but it immediately makes me put them into a box labelled 'too stupid to even realise they are being stupid'. It probably stems from being a proofreader at work, but I often find that people who commit these crimes are the first to call out people for pointing out they are wrong.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    The talking about driving does remind me of a couple more.

• Oncoming traffic not turning off their brights when someone is on the other side. Yeah, I love that blinding light so I can't see the road.

• People who don't understand that you should always leave the furthest left lane open for passing. If you are going the same speed as the cars around you, move to the right. Leave the left lane open for people to pass and then they can move to the right. The point is to not clog traffic.
    Mine is a more recent one. People who don't realize that on a road with only one lane going each way that when the light is green the person going straight has the right of way over people who are turning. The entrance to my local shopping mall is like this. I'm trying to go in. And the guys leaving are wanting to turn left to get to the highway. There's no designated turn lane or arrow light, just a green. Which means I have right of way. Have had so many near head on collisions by people trying to turn left without even signalling.

here is another good one

people who don't bag their groceries, and let them pile up, and then wait for the cashier to bag them... THEN have the audacity to complain that is taking a long time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    People that spit when they talk. Say it don't spray it mother fucker.
    That reminds me: People who randomly spit on the sidewalk at bus stops etc. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    That reminds me: People who randomly spit on the sidewalk at bus stops etc. Ugh.
    Even grosses me out in the bathroom. I don't get why people spit when they pee. Is your mouth so abnormally wet that it requires spitting? Most normal people have a thing called a throat where they can swallow saliva.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    • People who give far more information than is necessary when making a request. (If I need more details, I will ask)
    • People who take too long to finish a sentence.
    • People who pause for upwards of 3-7 seconds between sentences and then accuse you of interrupting them when you start to respond.
    • People that feel the need to continue arguing after you've already conceded the point, to the point where they argue in circles with themselves.
    • People who insist on rephrasing or repeating an explanation despite your indicating that you understand.
    • People who think I mean literally anything other than PRECISELY what I said.
    • People who don't say PRECISELY what they mean.
    • People that think all vegans are pretentious zealots. (So you eat meat, I don't, can we talk about something interesting now please?)

Just to name a few that I didn't see already. Most of the road ones apply too though.

People who don't know what Sylvanas name is yet start threads about her.

Her name is not:
    Sylvanus
    Sylvannas
    Silvanas

Her name is:
    Sylvanas

7+ Year Old Account
    People who don’t use their turn signals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    People who don't know what Sylvanas name is yet start threads about her.

Her name is not:
    Sylvanus
    Sylvannas
    Silvanas

Her name is:
    Sylvanas
    Just like people who misquote movies
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    people who smack gum with their mouth open. especially adults. your not a 5 year old. it's fucking disgusting and no one wants to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I hate it when an asteroid crashes into your planet and causes a winter that last 5 years killing off most of the plant life and the organisms that feed on them.
    thats not a pet peeve really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    - people who take credit for things they did not do

- people who insist on driving in the fast lane
    what's wrong with driving in the fast lane exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Hordes

/10rawr
    draenei hussies.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

- Taxi drivers who think the laws don't apply to them. I'm sure I talked about this before on this forum, had some bad experiences with taxi drivers.

- People who are bothered by my politeness/manners. Yes, there are people who will actually be offended if you open/hold the door for them, let them go in front of you in a line and stuff like that. My old-fashioned mannerism that I was taught growing up by an old family friend is apparently too much for today's culture.