Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Don't be dumb. I'm saying Shadowmeld is going to be their racial ability. How Void Elves end up looking is irrelevant to that one point.

If they're implemented, they'll have Shadowmeld.
    Why would they be wisps and have stat bonuses based on the day/night cycle though?

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't be dumb. I'm saying Shadowmeld is going to be their racial ability. How Void Elves end up looking is irrelevant to that one point.
    I'm not trying to be dumb. All i'm saying is that Void Elves sound stupid. Creating a race or sub-race based entirely on ONE person's abilities is dumb.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Why would they be wisps and have stat bonuses based on the day/night cycle though?
    Void Wisps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I'm not trying to be dumb. All i'm saying is that Void Elves sound stupid. Creating a race or sub-race based entirely on ONE person's abilities is dumb.
    Alleria's the prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    The abilities may have different names/visuals, but same effects.
    Like, instead of wisps, they may appear as shades.
    Day/night cycle may be called "affinity to shadows" instead of the Elune's Blessing.
    Their Shadowmeld may be called Voidstep and they appear in a shadowy form while stealthed.
    You know, just cosmetic differences.

- - - Updated - - -

Void Wisps.

Alleria's the prototype.
    I think they will just be Void-touched rather than masters of void powers.
    Mastering shadow magic is something for a class, not race.
    None of them will have powers like Alleria's. They'll just have some kind of affinity to the void. And, probably, purple eyes or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    more people talk about void elf more bullshit sounds

all i see are desperate attempts to make high elves playable in the alliance

Here's the thing with the datamined "subraces. Night elves are purple elves. Nightborne are purple elves. Void elves will probably be purple elves or have a purple aura making them purple elves. That seems like a lot of purple elves to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shiava View Post
    I'm pretty sure those will be subraces.

But considering alliance will get Lightforged Draenei (I doubt any draenei will exclusively join the horde, considering their race leader is alliance, plus turalyon), I really don't think they'll also get void elves (Horde will be really mad that alliance gets light and void chars). And I don't think they'll swap draenei and elves just for the sake of it. I also don't see alleria joining her sister on the fight against the alliance.

Maybe they'll stay neutral and join a faction once they return to earth, just for the sake of it?
    All of the sub races make no sense for joining either side. Why would the Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne, or Highmountain Tauren all of the sudden say fuck you to 1 side and join the other, when we just spent the entire expansion helping them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    All of the sub races make no sense for joining either side. Why would the Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne, or Highmountain Tauren all of the sudden say fuck you to 1 side and join the other, when we just spent the entire expansion helping them?
    Cultural affinity. Lightforged Draenei like Velen and others of their kind, Highmountain Tauren like the idea of uniting with other Tauren. Nightborne are interested in moving out into the world, and the Blood Elves share more in common with them than anyone else. Stop thinking of it as a fuck you to the other faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    more people talk about void elf more bullshit sounds

all i see are desperate attempts to make high elves playable in the alliance
    I honestly don't like the idea much, as I was never a High Elf fan, but I didn't like the idea of lots of things much. I'll at least try to analyze and speculate with what I have.

Cultural affinity. Lightforged Draenei like Velen and others of their kind, Highmountain Tauren like the idea of uniting with other Tauren. Nightborne are interested in moving out into the world, and the Blood Elves share more in common with them than anyone else. Stop thinking of it as a fuck you to the other faction.
    That's exactly what it is though. The players basically save the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne from extinction, and in return they say fuck you were joining your enemy. It makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    That's exactly what it is though. The players basically save the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne from extinction, and in return they say fuck you were joining your enemy. It makes no sense at all.
    The Horde and Alliance are enemies who work together all the time. Night Elves help Tauren and Draenei help Blood Elves, the Horde regularly assists neutral factions which are dominated by Alliance races and cultural themes. The faction war is stupid, so it's best to ignore the faction war aspect of this. Because that's always going to make no sense at all. It's bullshit.

The Nightborne wouldn't be saying "fuck you" to anyone. They'd be signing up with people who went through much the same shit they did.

Alliance and Horde have been cooperating for the last two expansions. All-out war started and ended with Garrosh. Now, it's just localized conflict between certain races/groups.

The Horde and Alliance are enemies who work together all the time. Night Elves help Tauren and Draenei help Blood Elves, the Horde regularly assists neutral factions which are dominated by Alliance races and cultural themes. The faction war is stupid, so it's best to ignore the faction war aspect of this. Because that's always going to make no sense at all. It's bullshit.

The Nightborne wouldn't be saying "fuck you" to anyone. They'd be signing up with people who went through much the same shit they did.
    so blood elves
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    so blood elves
    Yes. Using the faction war to show how an idea is stupid is stupid. Everything related to the faction war is always going to be stupid, unless things return more to Vanilla levels where it's just a select few territory disputes.

as long as we get Dark Iron Dwarves they could make Brick Elves for all I care.

Deleted
    You mean like Death Knights with Arthas, Demon Hunters with Illidan, Monks with Chen Stormstout? It's not strange for a leader with unique abilities to teach others of his/her race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    You mean like Death Knights with Arthas, Demon Hunters with Illidan, Monks with Chen Stormstout? It's not strange for a leader with unique abilities to teach others of his/her race.
    You are thinking of classes, which is fine. These... "Void Elves" would be a unique race. Which if you roll a Shadow Priest, is something almost everyone can do already.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

You are thinking of classes, which is fine. These... "Void Elves" would be a unique race. Which if you roll a Shadow Priest, is something almost everyone can do already.
    And if you roll a Paladin, you're basically the same thing as a Lightforged!

Ignoring that Lightforged can be Hunters or Mages, and that being Lightforged is actually not the same thing as being a Paladin, so being a Void Elf probably isn't the same as receiving training as a Shadowhunter or Shadow Priest or whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    And if you roll a Paladin, you're basically the same thing as a Lightforged!

Ignoring that Lightforged can be Hunters or Mages, and that being Lightforged is actually not the same thing as being a Paladin, so being a Void Elf probably isn't the same as receiving training as a Shadowhunter or Shadow Priest or whatever.
    Lightforged are not only draenei (as Turalyon is also Lightforged) but a faction within another race.

One person controlling void energy is not a new race, at most it should be a class.

Lightforged are not only draenei (as Turalyon is also Lightforged) but a faction within another race.

One person controlling void energy is not a new race, at most it should be a class.
    Yes. And Lightforging is a process. Lightforged Draenei being one of the supposed subraces here.

Now, imagine if someone could do something like, let's call it "Void Forging". This isn't the same as being a specific class, any more than being Lightforged is being a Paladin. It's just an infusion of Void energies that grants certain enhancements, and not the same as being a total master of Void energies and being able to rip portals open through the Void.

Now, imagine the means exist to accomplish this on a large scale, and certain individuals have motive to do so. Wanting to sow the seeds for a Void-touched army of their own. It's not impossible to make a race of Void Elves. How long did it take for a race of Fel Orcs to be invented? It was just Grom, until all the other Orcs drank ten seconds later. Satyrs were just Xavius at one time.

For a new subrace, we just need someone with the Mountain Dew and enough people willing to drink it.

Damage control is scalating.