Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

I'd give legacy servers about 2 hours before people start complaining "Why should we have to pay subscriptions for Legacy servers.... when I played ......... I didn't have to pay a subscription!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Nope. As in, every year this thread gets posted, more and more people vote yes. Love it!
    Uh if you say so. You sure as hell weren't around when the megathread was around I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    My favorite part is when you think Legacy would get enough people to kill off retail because everyone is clamoring for an outdated 13 year old MMO to get released again.
    Well, WildStar kinda did so and they killed retail quite fast, too bad it's their own retail

Deleted
    probably, ive only played 2 chars pre wotlk, so id try something "new"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, J. Allen Brack is still there as executive or lead producer. And they haven't said anything since that would lead anyone to think that these will happen.

Moderation Note: I will say this again. This thread poses a very simple question and can easily be answered or discussed without referencing private servers. I don't want to close the thread but will do so in a heartbeat if it doesn't stop. If anything about this is unclear send me or a global moderator a private message. We're not going to discuss this or moderation in the thread.
    Just ban those that discuss private servers. Thread is not about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes i would play classic and thats not because of nostalgia. Also i would play TBC. These contents were the ones with most active community because of the game procces. Community and communication are the most important thing to me in MMO that creates feeling that you are playing in some kind of *world*, you know. Also, the way how hard everything was in classic made feeling of the *big world*, where you are just little guy exploring everything. And no, its not because of nostalgia. I've tested that moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    I am pretty sure only less than 5% of the active playerbase would actively play on these.
    First of all, it's not gonna happen, second of all, it's not worth it.
    5% of active player base? Im sure that atleast 15%. Also you are not counting those ppl that stopped playing wow and will come back. Maybe form guilds of old mates. There are very much such people. Even i have atleast 3 friend that would like to play classic/tbc, especially classic.
    I think its not right to compare legion and old games from *objective point of view*. Like : *look, in legion classes are better balanced than in classic, that means legion is better*. No its not. Games are made to give emotions to players, fun, desire to return to game everyday. If players got all these moments in classic or other addon, it means this content is better for them. If game brings emotions - its good game. If not - its bad game. No matter how *balanced, comfortable etc* it may look like. Humans emotions are more complicated than that logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post

5% of active player base? Im sure that atleast 15%. Also you are not counting those ppl that stopped playing wow and will come back. Maybe form guilds of old mates. There are very much such people. Even i have atleast 3 friend that would like to play classic/tbc, especially classic.
    Yeah I am 100% positive a lot of people will check those servers out, but as it goes, classic is a rocky experience and if you don't have a specific reason to play them, you are gonna get burned out/bored really fast. Yeah, a lot of people will try those out, but how many are still gonna be playing in one month? How would blizzard operate, when they need a lot of server power for one month and then the servers are gonna be empty forever?

If your boat was sinking would you allow the rescue boat to take you.
    Awh Hell no Down with the SHIP BABY!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'd give them a try and probably never touch them after a week.
    That's how most of the people would do (me included), even the Legacy lovers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Yeah I am 100% positive a lot of people will check those servers out, but as it goes, classic is a rocky experience and if you don't have a specific reason to play them, you are gonna get burned out/bored really fast. Yeah, a lot of people will try those out, but how many are still gonna be playing in one month? How would blizzard operate, when they need a lot of server power for one month and then the servers are gonna be empty forever?
    The level of interest correlates with the level of complexity, this logic works for many people and its not only about wow. Everything blizzards have to do is to make good research to not open too much servers. Every problem can be solved, if they would ever have such a wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    That's how most of the people would do, even the Legacy lovers.
    The problem is that we are reading on every forum opinions of players that i called *legion generation*, that are playing wow after MoP or cata, and we dont hear those that are not sitting on forums and playing anymore, but would definetely come back. Even those numbers that will leave private servers will be enough to fit 5 servers atleast.
    There are players that hate *comfortable game with dungeon finder, legendaries for everyone etc*. Just accept that guys. Bring me some good ol' day hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Yes we're never going to be able to discuss the subject if every thread gets closed down because some people can't help themselves from naming <insert private server here>, people may even name private servers just to get the thread closed down out of spite. It's better to punish the people who misbehave in my opinion.
    Never felt the need to name one. However, discussing 'legacy' while ignoring the elephant in the room is like discussing the weather without anyone ever taking a look outside the window.

The problem is. if they release a vanilla server, all the vanilla lovers are happy. But then the BC lovers start to cry about a BC server, then the WoTLK lovers start to cry, etc etc.. I rather see new content. Maybe Blizzard could try to bring back some of the things that made Vanilla fun.

Increasing the difficulty doesn't work, they tried that with Cata. The playerbase sucks so much now, they don't even understand things like "don't break CC please".

Vanilla servers also won't work, there were quite a lot of problems in Vanilla, for example just one spec being viable. Implementing Vanilla will mean maintaining it and making changes and balance patches, which is just not possible due to the insane workload that will create maintaining both games.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-10-25 at 08:50 AM.

i think anyone who plays wow would play legacy servers. would i actually switch to legacy servers? absolutely not

Deleted
    Hmm maybe a bit off topic but I think it is a bit related to this: If I remember correctly. They were advertising WoD as a TBC 2.0. At least I remember videos and a lot of articles saying WoD will be TBC 2.0 we will take everything that was good in TBC and put it to WoD and update it.
    So a lot of old guys returned I think everybody know that. First 3 months of WoD again 10mil of players active. But as soon as the old guys saw what has WoW become they left. So I do not say that there are 5 million players waiting for Legacy servers. But I think a lot guys from those 5 million ppl that come and left within 3 months of WoD are still there waiting for Legacy servers and would love to come back. I think that at least 2 million ppl are still there and want to play Legacy WoW... Just my 2 cents...

Blizzcon is just days away now. I'll be disappointed if they do not have any announcement on Classic / Legacy. I have a number of friends that are also looking to go back. IMHO, I believe the Legacy Community to be substantial. And perhaps far more numerous than "estimated".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because it's NOT a FACT. It's an opinion. When people make shit up "It would have 1 million people paying to play!" That's when it gets stupid.

Speaking of stupid... are you saying you posted that JUST to get a reaction? Go back under the bridge and quit wasting our time.
    A Blizzard "game" without at least 1 million players...it's stupid to you? It would be a first.

And no i did not post just to get a reaction out of you. It is my opinion that it would have at least 1 million players on Month 1 like all Blizzard games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    No, they just know that legacy servers would be extremeley popular and it would kill the main game
    They would kill the main game today if they thought that bringing legacy servers would give them more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    A Blizzard "game" without at least 1 million players...it's stupid to you? It would be a first.

And no i did not post just to get a reaction out of you. It is my opinion that it would have at least 1 million players on Month 1 like all Blizzard games.
    You realize that it's still the same game, right? It's still World of Warcraft. They're still subscribed and paying for the same game.

I quite honestly don't understand the fierce hate whenever this topic comes up. It comes up often so obviously there are people interested in this. You have the choice to not participate in a thread that's a "waste of time", just as you have the option to not participate in any part of game content (raids, pvp, pet battles, ect.). I see it as people just getting worked up over something that doesn't effect them at all if they're not interested.

I personally don't see the appeal of pet battles for myself but see why other people like it.

To answer your question though yes I would if they were in progressive format (i.e. going through the raid tiers) because the nay sayers are completely right, it gets stale if you're contained to one expansion and can eat through all the content quickly, and then have everyone in the last raid tier while you just capped, you lose out on all that previous relevant content and experience. I have played on many legacy servers and got bored with all of them except the one I currently play on that uses the 3.3.5 client and started in vanilla stage all the way up ICC using 3.3.5 skill tress. The server is still in TBC right now and I'm having a blast with it.

If blizzard could deliver that same experience I would 100% throw down money

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You realize that it's still the same game, right? It's still World of Warcraft. They're still subscribed and paying for the same game.
    I know, it's hard for me to imagine less than 1 million people at least trying out the new feature Blizzard created.