Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Does Jigsaw have a point?

So was watching Saw 2 the other day and got to the part where they found jigsaw in the factory. When he was asked about his nickname he said

The jigsaw piece that I cut from my subjects was only ever meant to be a symbol that that subject was missing something. A vital piece of the human puzzle. The survival instinct.
    Does he have a point? I feel like there is a growing problem with the population these days. Should many people have that jigsaw piece cut out of their skin?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I think maybe in the sense that a lot of people are way too soft and get easily offended, expect stuff on a plate etc etc.

Nothing that a change of attitude wouldn't fix, but not by butchering them

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw II is terrible, so.. no.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    I think maybe in the sense that a lot of people are way too soft and get easily offended, expect stuff on a plate etc etc.

Nothing that a change of attitude wouldn't fix, but not by butchering them
    100% in agreement ^

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    We're not judging the movie. We're judging the sentence I quoted from it.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    We're not judging the movie. We're judging the sentence I quoted from it.
    It's a dumb quote from a dumb movie.

People today aren't that different from people 100 years ago, maybe a lot less fit and used to living an easy life, try having to pump your water by hand every morning for example.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

What growing issue?

I agree, the current SJW and PC hysteria is a result of good times and thus creating weak people.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

No. Neither Jigsaw, nor Tyler Durden, nor Patrick Bateman, nor any other sociopathic fictional characters have a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    I agree, the current SJW and PC hysteria is a result of good times and thus creating weak people.
    Standing up against bigotry is weak?

''People lack survival instinct, so I'm going to kill them!!''

Yeah, that's one deep philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Standing up against bigotry is weak?
    no being offended by every stupid little thing that wasn't intended to offend anyone is pathetic and just tries to ruin everything for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You shouldn't look that deep into bad movies. Most of that dialogue was written by janitor during deadline.

There's a black women in the series, not sure which part, who cut off her hand and ask everyone "How the fuck he could help me with my survival instinct?! I had to cut off my FUCKING HAND!!!"

So.. yeah...

Found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no being offended by every stupid little thing that wasn't intended to offend anyone is pathetic and just tries to ruin everything for everyone.
    Well, that's your opinion. Just because, thanks to your privilege, you don't think something is offensive does not mean it isn't. Bigotry should be fought.

Well, that's your opinion. Just because, thanks to your privilege, you don't think something is offensive does not mean it isn't. Bigotry should be fought.
    'Privilege' no such thing. Just work hard and reap the rewards!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You're thinking of Saw III. The first two are pretty good - the original being the best imo and the second playing nicely off the first with it's own similar twist. Saw III was an abomination and I think they sort of rebooted it a bit for the remainder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Does he have a point? I feel like there is a growing problem with the population these days. Should many people have that jigsaw piece cut out of their skin?
    And no, he did not have a point. Everyone has the survival instinct when circumstances present themselves. We have just built up a society that doesn't present those circumstances very much because we no longer hunt animals for our food, amongst other reasons.

Nice opinion. The reverse is true too, just because you think something is offensive doesn't mean it is.

I think it's bigotry to label everyone who disagrees with you as "privileged." Maybe you should pick a new buzz word to hide your hate.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    'Privilege' no such thing. Just work hard and reap the rewards!
    yeah idk what all this garbage about white privilege is. Im half Hispanic and I practically get the rug rolled out for me when I play up the Hispanic thing. Preferential pick on jobs, more benefits if I apply for welfare, I did an estimate on how much money I could get on FAFSA and being Hispanic was thousands of dollars of difference. Of course I'm also dirt poor so maybe being white only matters when I'm rich.

As for the movie: No, I dont think Jigsaw actually has a point. It was fine in the first movie, but now that they're milking it, he's pretty much just doing it because he's a serial killer and thats just how he gets his jollies.
    Last edited by raz98; 2017-10-25 at 07:16 PM.