Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Yeah bezelessness (c) is really nicely done on my s8+
    It's one of the reasons why I occasionally considered switching to a Galaxy. I think it looks a lot cleaner and better, and also just makes better use of the space.
    In the case of the iPhone, it gives me roughly the display size of the plus without having a device as big as the Plus. Even though the notch for the camera seems to be a bit awkward.

I'd love a 8 or 10 inch version for a tablet. Price might be an issue though
    That would be pretty sweet indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that many Android users love to demean people who use iPhones? It's all a matter of personal preference and it's not like there aren't overpriced Android phones either.

Yeesh.

Any, OP, I actually like the design of the X. That's just me though...well, maybe. Considering how there seems to be a high demand for it, maybe people think that the form of it is good enough for them? Idk. Personal Preference again.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2017-10-25 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Who says I use a Samsung? No they are nowhere near as ridiculous as apple fans.
    I didn't make that assumption, that's why I FIRST said "choose another company to be a sheep for..."

As an apple user while I prefer the iPhone I concede that they haven't been innovative by any stretch of the imagination since Steve Jobs died (arguably before that).

I don't update every year, sometimes every 2 years, usually every 3. So I am never an "advocate" for apple. They can do their own advertising.

That being said, I am always targeted by samsung fanboys to convert to samsung. I don't care what you can do with your phone... it doesn't appeal to me.

Lesson learned, stop being an isheep.
    Wow so edgy such an edgy post

Who says I use a Samsung? No they are nowhere near as ridiculous as apple fans.
    Haven’t read many Apple product articles have ya? 99% of it is Samsung/Droid fanboys putting down Apple with half truths and/or bogus facts.

I haven’t seen a single comment section that didn’t have the above. Apple users don’t give a shit so you won’t find the same on Samsung related articles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

and i am there needing windows smartphone for business. and all americans buy this stupid overpriced ios systems so windows doesnt make smartphones anymore and all the business guys that rely on windows because of software have to do a custom solution for all the win applications for the time the last windows phone stops working

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Haven’t read many Apple product articles have ya? 99% of it is Samsung/Droid fanboys putting down Apple with half truths and/or bogus facts.

I haven’t seen a single comment section that didn’t have the above. Apple users don’t give a shit so you won’t find the same on Samsung related articles.
    Maybe because Apple is shit and overpriced.

And let´s not talk about the nice things whichevery normal pc/laptop coomes with and on an Apple "PC" you won´t find anything.

It looks like a phone to me, what am I missing?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I have iPhone 6 and I'm... fine with it. I really like iOS, it's not complicated and the phone is okay.

iPhone 6S, 7 aren't that better to make me change the 6. Most of my friends who like to show off already have them, but after checking them out I really see no difference between them and my 6(for my daily use). They're almost the same and I'm using my phone just for contacting with my friends and play games occasionally.

Some people are buying them just to show off or just to feel nice and rich and I think that's FINE reason for them to do that, it's their money, they can do whatever they want.

But personally? It's a waste of money for me. Not because I don't have enough, but I just don't need it. I waste my money on cars(which still isn't the good thing to do, but yeah... my money - my problem).

I have an iphone5C and am pretty happy with it. If it could just have more than 8 GB that would be great. Had to delete hearthstone since it is like 4 GB now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Maybe because Apple is shit and overpriced.

And let´s not talk about the nice things whichevery normal pc/laptop coomes with and on an Apple "PC" you won´t find anything.
    Overpriced? Parts estimates put around a 45-50% margin on iPhones and even less on the X. That’s standard profit ya tool. Are they not allowed to make money? I bet you also bitch about Blizzards in game shop too.

Software trumps all and Apple is the only one running the same OS on all devices. Try updating your old droid phone to the newest.

Apple computers aren’t PCs FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    Why is it that many Android users love to demean people who use iPhones? It's all a matter of personal preference and it's not like there aren't overpriced Android phones either.

Yeesh.

Any, OP, I actually like the design of the X. That's just me though...well, maybe. Considering how there seems to be a high demand for it, maybe people think that the form of it is good enough for them? Idk. Personal Preference again.
    Because Androids are phones for hipsters. It's a brand marketed as a counter-culture. The problem is that it's a counter-culture you can buy off the shelf, which makes it no different from what it's nominally trying to rebel against.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Huh? Where I live, it's practically accepted as the go-to standard for a phone. Nothing hipster or rebel-like about it. It's the vanilla of phones, really.
    Which is kind of the point. Hipsters aren't rebels anymore, they're just another mainstream fad. Here in the PNW, the birthplace of grunge and hipsterism, they're more prevalent than any other subculture or style. They're the majority.

They're hair metal at its height and we're just waiting on grunge to come and catch them all up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Function over form for me, my cellphone is only for calls and texts

I'm confused. So the OP is suggesting he bought the phone... but that he's displeased with how it looks, like he wasn't aware of what this thing looked like before he bought it.

I mean, seriously. Did you just throw money at somebody and demand the newest iPhone? How does this situation even happen? How do I get this much money that I don't even do the tiniest bit of research into a thousand dollar purchase?

I'm stuck with an iPhone because work pays for it so I don't have to pay a phone bill anymore. Currently I'm still on the 6s and its worked fine, I haven't really had any issues with it. iOS is a nice OS because its simple and it works. On the other hand i HATE iOS because its simple, no customization.
    I would gladly take the upgrade to the X if my company allowed it.

I prefer Android because its open source and customization. I would love to get the new Pixel XL but cant justify paying for a personal phone line again...
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Because Androids are phones for hipsters. It's a brand marketed as a counter-culture. The problem is that it's a counter-culture you can buy off the shelf, which makes it no different from what it's nominally trying to rebel against.
    How is it hipster? People who can't afford an Iphone will have an Android.

You are a "form over function nazi" yet you bought a phone you think is ugly? Makes sense. /eyeroll
    READ and be less Ignorant.

About to transition to an android phone myself, but IMO I don't see much of a difference with the iPhone X's appearance compared to the previous 10 iPhones. Main difference I see is losing the home button.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How is it hipster? People who can't afford an Iphone will have an Android.
    Because iPhones were seen as the "it" phone for years, and hipster culture categorically defines itself by rejecting anything mainstream?

PS: New model Androids aren't much cheaper, if at all, than iPhones. Certainly not enough for there to be an "I can't afford an iPhone so I'll get an Android" decision by any significant number of people.