10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I am a bit confused on what you thought was soulless about 3D World?

Personally, it's probably my 2nd favorite Mario game. I thought they did a great job with stage diversity, the overworld, adding extra stuff to do, and the new power ups like the Cat Suit were fun as heck.
    You mean the same stage diversity we have seen forever? The overworld which was the same map we had since Mario bros 3... except you can walk around a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I didn't say anything regarding his life. I asked you what your age is, since you claimed your opinion of OoT was of playing it when it released. If you don't want to answer that's fine, it's just curiosity.

I know you're still salty that I don't like rabbids, but not everything is confrontational in life.
    You won't believe my age anyway, you will just think I am lying and say I am like 20 or something to justify your posts. Also I have no idea what you are talking about with rabbids. Then again, its you, and you just make up weird things in your head. Also still waiting for your response to misreading my entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You mean the same stage diversity we have seen forever?
    Actually since there was no world themes for the levels, there was more stage diversity then in any Mario game.

- - - Updated - - -

You won't believe my age anyway, you will just think I am lying and say I am like 20 or something to justify your posts. Also I have no idea what you are talking about with rabbids. Then again, its you, and you just make up weird things in your head.
    Did you not even read my post? It wasn't about calling you on anything or believing anything it was simply curiosity. You're being confrontational "cause I must disagree with tech at all times!" I guess?

You mean the same stage diversity we have seen forever? The overworld which was the same map we had since Mario bros 3... except you can walk around a bit more.
    The reason I liked it was because we haven't seen it since Mario Bros 3 to this degree. For the most part, they were all "follow this line", not interactable or anything.

Fair enough though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually since there was no world themes for the levels, there was more stage diversity then in any Mario game.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you not even read my post? It wasn't about calling you on anything or believing anything it was simply curiosity. You're being confrontational "cause I must disagree with tech at all times!" I guess?
    No, I am not being confrontational because I "must disagree with you at all times." Stop complimenting yourself. How about you actually contribute something besides posting nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The reason I liked it was because we haven't seen it since Mario Bros 3 to this degree. For the most part, they were all "follow this line", not interactable or anything.

Fair enough though.
    If walking a few feet in either direction to get a coin is more interactable, thats all you. I find that pretty eh.

i didnt like 3d world much either, i enjoyed it for what it is but im not a big fan of 2d marios or their mechanics and hate time limits. i like regular 3d marios because i like to explore and have fun not rush to a pole
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Stop complimenting yourself.
    If I wanted to do that I would talk about how SMB is a bad game, and I'm totally in the right to judge it because I played and beat it when it released in spite of being born in 85!

Oh well, I tried to have a discussion with you. I guess it's back to never replying to you like the last month+.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted to do that I would talk about how SMB is a bad game, and I'm totally in the right to judge it because I played and beat it when it released in spite of being born in 85!
    Things you should do:
    1. Explain how me saying Mario 3D world is not a good game means Mario and every influential game from Nintendo is soulless;
    2. Explain why my age matters, despite you obviously just going to go with the made up story in your head of how young I must be; and
    3. What are you talking about again with rabbids? This kinda goes into 2 and made up things in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but I actually agree that 3D World felt soulless to me. I enjoyed 3D Land a lot though. Maybe I'm just crazy, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but I actually agree that 3D World felt soulless to me. I enjoyed 3D Land a lot though. Maybe I'm just crazy, I dunno.
    If I just beat the main game I would think it's a meh Mario game. The bonus worlds took it from meh to one of the best Mario games IMO. The coop also added a lot to the game, really the only platformer where coop is actually good and not trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Personally i've not been interested in a Mario game since Galaxy which still remains the last true high point for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Personally i've not been interested in a Mario game since Galaxy which still remains the last true high point for me.
    I think Galaxy is the best pure 3D platformer ever made (I put pure in there because I think 3D platformer hybrids like Ratchet and Clank and Sly 2 are better).

speaking of ratchet and clank and sly, i wonder if those franchises are dead now?

the game sold well but the movie didnt make any money, and the sly movie got canned and likely wont ever be made.

atleast we have mario, yooka laylee, and a hat in time for our platformers along with other indies like skylar and plux
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    speaking of ratchet and clank and sly, i wonder if those franchises are dead now?

the game sold well but the movie didnt make any money, and the sly movie got canned and likely wont ever be made.

atleast we have mario, yooka laylee, and a hat in time for our platformers along with other indies like skylar and plux
    Ratchet and Clank is definitely not dead... Insomniac is just busy making this game called Spider-Man maybe you heard of it? R&C is one of the most successful Sony owned IPs, it's not going anywhere Sony is just letting it breath after over releasing entries during the PS3.

Jury out on Sly, but I'm sure Sanzaro would make another one if Sony green lights them.

Ratchet and Clank is definitely not dead... Insomniac is just busy making this game called Spider-Man maybe you heard of it? R&C is one of the most successful Sony owned IPs, it's not going anywhere Sony is just letting it breath after over releasing entries during the PS3.

Jury out on Sly, but I'm sure Sanzaro would make another one if Sony green lights them.
    well i mean, not dead forever, but yeah, reading online apparently insomniac is making sunset overdrive 2 and spider-man. i didnt realize insomniac was that small. hopefully ratched and clank gets started on after spooder mens

also while i was looking online apparently couple months ago sony announced a sly cooper tv show, so, maybe we will get sly 5 if it does well or around its release.

shame the ratchet and clank movie did so poorly. personally i enjoyed it.

i do feel like sony unfortunately has a less diverse roster of exclusives then they did in the ps2 days now. their exclusives are good but it feels like you either play super srs business drama type games like last of us or until dawn or you get standard jrpg weeby type games.

i like those games, but i miss ratchet, sly, jak and daxter, twisted metal. atleast we got the crash remakes but it still feels like sony is missing that cartoony wacky niche they had back in ps2 era

and honestly outside of nintendo and indies that niche feels like its missing in general

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Got 100 bucks for my birthday

Deciding between the pro controller or fire emblem warriors
    Hope I'm not too late - pro controller all the way. Warriors looks terrible, from what I hear it's doesn't even feel like a whole game. More like a demo.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure thing, keep telling yourself that. Most people can barely remember what the hell they where doing in kingergarden let alone if they where a pre schooler playing a video game. Those are typically your early patch work memories.

I'm not saying it's impossible that someone that young played n64, but nobody is going to even comprehend a game like OoT at 4 nor remember it well even playing a bit of it let alone claiming they beat it. My younger sister is now in her mid 20s, and played n64 with me as a kid but her nostalgia is gamecube/ps2/xbox like it should be, because she barely remembers that n64/ps1 shit.

It just seems to be the cool thing to do these days to say you started gaming on the n64, when it got destroyed by the PS1 in sales and barely any kids I knew actually growing up in the era and not being a preschooler actually owned the damn thing. But yea, every gamer on the internet these days remembers their n64 nostalgia so clearly in spite of being barely able to drink(if they even can LMAO).

Also being that young you wouldn't have been playing on in the 8/16 bit eras to actually realize why games like SM64 and OoT where mind blowing and why they got the scores they did. Unless you're late 20s to early 30s or older you really didn't see that progression, you can see it in youtube history videos but it's really not the same. Especially when you're a kid with a wild imagination.
    Dear god man, get off your high horse. I for one had only one friend with a PS1 and about a dozen (including myself) with an N64. Was a matter of preference back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Dear god man, get off your high horse. I for one had only one friend with a PS1 and about a dozen (including myself) with an N64. Was a matter of preference back then.
    A 70 million difference in install base is a fact, not a matter of preference. Every "gamer" these days tries to claim they owned a n64 and the numbers flat out don't add up. That's not calling anyone in particular a liar(there is no way to tell who is or isn't), or saying everyone is a liar that is just stating the obvious- that some are lying for their gaming "street cred". Nobody cares who is or isn't, it's just a funny observation that some clearly are.

Please comprehend a post before claiming someone is on a "high horse" and attacking because you don't even understand what is being discussed. The one trying to look down on someone in this situation is you.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-26 at 04:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 70 million difference in install base is a fact, not a matter of preference. Every "gamer" these days tries to claim they owned a n64 and the numbers flat out don't add up. That's not calling anyone in particular a liar(there is no way to tell who is or isn't), or saying everyone is a liar that is just stating the obvious- that some are lying for their gaming "street cred".

Please comprehend a post before claiming someone is on a "high horse" and attacking because you don't even understand what is being discussed. The one trying to look down on someone in this situation is you.
    What do you mean every gamer? Can you stop with the nonsense? Plenty of people started gaming on the N64, some with the SNES, and some with the NES. People got started with Sony too. Just because sales figures say more PS1s sold, why do you instantly go to are YOU ARE A LIAR! YOU HAD A PLAYSTATION! Its a dumb argument and you really need to stop with nonsense. No one is lying for the sake of "street cred". No one cares. I had both systems. Am I a poser? Do I get street cred? No.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-10-26 at 05:07 AM.

i do remember as a kid me and all my friends had n64's while it seemed like all the older kids/teens and all the adults had playstations. i had one friend who had a ps1 and i remember we used to play the "booga booga game" which was crash. none of us knew what the game was called so we called it the booga booga game because of the noise the mask made lol

although that might be because of pokemon. most of the people i knew who had a n64 only had a handful of games. mario 64, pokemon stadium, and a couple had smash bros.

i remember all my friends wanting to come to my house because i had so many games. blastcorps, glover, i was the only one of my friends who had pokemon stadium 2, i had kirby too, and GOEMON the best fucking game ever because it was like a kung fu movie and me and my friends were obsessed with power rangers and kung fu movies and karate. i remember i got goemon from blockbuster and just never gave it back lol

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean every gamer? Can you stop with the nonsense? Plenty of people started gaming on the N64, some with the SNES, and some with the NES. People got started with Sony too. Just because sales figures say more PS1s sold, why do you instantly go to are YOU ARE A LIAR! YOU HAD A PLAYSTATION! Its a dumb argument and you really need to stop with nonsense. No one is lying for the sake of "street cred". No one cares. I had both systems. Am I a poser? Do I get street cred? No.
    sitting around a tv taking turns and sleepovers were much more common in the 90s as well, so im sure plenty of people who didnt own a n64 still played one a good bit.

i remember my first playstation that i owned was the ps2 with san andreas when i was like 10 - 12 because someone broke into my house and stole my gamecube, my n64 and my entire since i was a damn near baby collection of pokemon cards i had been collecting my whole life, it was a huge binder like as thick as a fucking cinder block.

so my uncle when he found out gave me his ps2 and my mom bought me san andreas and i think ratchet and clank

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i didnt like 3d world much either, i enjoyed it for what it is but im not a big fan of 2d marios or their mechanics and hate time limits. i like regular 3d marios because i like to explore and have fun not rush to a pole
    3D world was awful and a huge step back from Galaxy 1 and 2.

Catsuit is the worst mario power up in the history of video game power ups.

6 hours till odyssey unlocks I believe!
    Last edited by minkage; 2017-10-26 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    3D world was awful and a huge step back from Galaxy 1 and 2.

Catsuit is the worst mario power up in the history of video game power ups.

6 hours till odyssey unlocks I believe!
    It's still a day away from releasing completely?

Oct 27th is the release date.