Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Expansion: Quality of Life Features

So this thread is to discuss what quality of life features is plausible to be included in the next expansion. Are there any in particular that would make the game more enjoyable for you from a quality of life perspective? 3 things I think are almost a certainty to see in the next expansion:

1) I fully expect them to improve the transmog closet. What i mean by this, is they will probably include in the sets tab all the off-sets / recolors of tier that all classes of that armor class can wear. I also think they will include tabards as they previously wanted to include.

2) I can see them improving the customization of their raid frames. They did a great job making them more viable to use for high end raiding, but there are addons that sometimes do them better.

3) Improved group features will probably make it into the game, including grouping up with horde battle-tag friends, and cross-faction dungeon grouping (similar to how the PvP feature allows horde and alliance fight for the other team if there are queuing disparities)

What quality of life improvements do you think will make it in the next expansion? Are there any "wish list" QOL features you would like to see added?

Flying available day one or won't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    enjoy playing something else mate, cya lol

I'd like travel form split back up into multiple separate spells again, and mount speed calculations changed back to their pre-Legion formula.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    yeah um thats not happening, they clearly stated that they like how pathfinder works
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a better UI for reputations. It hasn't been updated once since vanilla and it's just a pain in the ass trying to navigate now that there's so many factions. Maybe make a window like the achievement pane with a separate tab for each expansion?

Auction House. Ian basically confirmed it was getting an overhaul at some point. The basic UI needs an overhaul too, it's very outdated. There is a lot of nostalgia attached to it though, so if they do overhaul it they should have an option to keep the old UI if one chooses (there would probably be mods for this anyway).

@Jaylock

Tabards are in the Xmog Cupboard
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Account wide gold
    By this I mean I want to be able access my millions of gold on any character on any realm and any faction at any time. I'm sure this is the part where people pop in any say it would ruin economies and servers but at this point I'm willing to risk it for quality of life. I'd like to have the option to go to another realm to find something I want at a cheaper price without having to server change or do shady things in order to get gold on another realm.

2) Account wide reputation or account wide reputation rewards
    We do rep for the rewards and often those rewards are quality of life improvements in of themselves. I don't know about you guys but if I do a rep on one character I very rarely do it again on alts - especially if it's some grindy one like Argussian Reach. Either make the reputation apply across all characters or make ALL rewards open to alts. I've done the leg work, I shouldn't have to do it four more times unnecessarily.

3) More wardrobe/transmog improvements and restrictions lifted
    The wardrobe and sets tab is probably one of the best features added in Legion so anything that improves that core experience and makes me less reliant on third party addons is welcome. I'd also like this "You have to run the old raid on a cloth character to get the cloth item added to the wardrobe." to be banished. - I get the logic but I still hate it.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog on slots not items.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    2) Account wide reputation or account wide reputation rewards
    We do rep for the rewards and often those rewards are quality of life improvements in of themselves. I don't know about you guys but if I do a rep on one character I very rarely do it again on alts - especially if it's some grindy one like Argussian Reach. Either make the reputation apply across all characters or make ALL rewards open to alts. I've done the leg work, I shouldn't have to do it four more times unnecessarily.
    Wouldn't mind the Mists system to come back where at exalted you can buy an item that doubles rep gains for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    yeah um thats not happening, they clearly stated that they like how pathfinder works
    You know when they say this... to me its a "well no duh" moment. If they didn't like something they wouldn't just stick it in....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Preach it brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Wouldn't mind the Mists system to come back where at exalted you can buy an item that doubles rep gains for alts.
    I think account wide rep tokens are the new way of dealing with rep for alts. Seems likely they'll stick with this going forward to me.

Small thing, but I'm fed up with clicking on small icons on the side of the screen to perform questing actions. Surely there's a better way to interact with the occasional items you're given. Is there an addon for this?

Free server transfers!

Quote Originally Posted by Incandio View Post
    I think account wide rep tokens are the new way of dealing with rep for alts. Seems likely they'll stick with this going forward to me.

Small thing, but I'm fed up with clicking on small icons on the side of the screen to perform questing actions. Surely there's a better way to interact with the occasional items you're given. Is there an addon for this?
    Mists also had those Zandalari Scouts and Warbringers that dropped boa rep tokens as well. Guessed they liked that more than the double rep.

I would like more server mergers.

I'd also like more guild stuff. Update the banners, add new achievements and rewards. Let us build a guild hall/ship/skyship or something.

Allow RP addons to walk cross-realm.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Explain this one to me, i'm not sure I follow what you mean by slots not items.

Quote Originally Posted by Incandio View Post
    If you're talking about an addon where you have access to clickable/activated quest items, I use QBar as it's customize-able for things other than just quest items and I think there is another called QuestClicks that is basically the same.

Found the links:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...8645-QBar.html
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...estClicks.html

Personally, at this point, the only thing I'd like to see off the top of my head is a wardrobe tab for non-tier/pvp armor sets that you have collected pieces for. Like if you are a plate wearer and you have all the differently named pieces for the purple Judgement set or tier look a likes.
    Last edited by Ookami.kun; 2017-10-26 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ookami.kun View Post
    Explain this one to me, i'm not sure I follow what you mean by slots not items.
    So if you get a new piece of gear and equip it you don't have to go back to transmog over it if I understood that correctly.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So if you get a new piece of gear and equip it you don't have to go back to transmog over it if I understood that correctly.
    OK, if that's the case I think I follow the meaning now. However, wouldn't that kill off a gold sink. I always assumed that the transmog each item for however much gold was used as a gold sink. Changing it from item to slot, thus making you only have to pay once instead of each time would defeat that purpose. Of course, now that I think about it while typing that out, it's not much of a gold sink if you only pay 200G to transmong a whole set. So maybe you are right.

Not sure if this will ever happen, but I'd absolutely love it if they added a region transfer option. Such as moving your WoW account from EU to US or the other way around.