10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial476 View Post
    You can get away with that for awhile. When it comes to tougher hitting enemies or the Nightfall it won't work out as well. In those I typically would drop my rift around a corner then play peek-a-boo with mobs of enemies to increase my sustain.
    yeah, stuff like captains or where there's like 5+ mobs Im just hit and hiding. I am glad this is more than just "take cover, hit between crounches" though. Since the mobs move toward you, gotta move form cover to cover. More engaging

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    yeah, stuff like captains or where there's like 5+ mobs Im just hit and hiding. I am glad this is more than just "take cover, hit between crounches" though. Since the mobs move toward you, gotta move form cover to cover. More engaging
    Yeah, the Healing Rift also has some really good niche moments such as a modifier in the Nightfall, I forget the name but it basically prevents you from triggering recovery until you've sprinted for like four seconds or so, which effectively prevents you from hiding behind a rock all day long. The Rift does allow you to stop for a moment and get your health back without running in that modifier.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

Enjoying it so far. Definitely could use an update for the chat box and the ui is a bit basic but other than that no complaints the gameplay is solid as expected watching videos. No way deserves all the hate it gets

Deleted
    Just completed the main story, I wonder...this isn't it right? I mean, I finished it in less than a day and not even playing all day.

I'd say it's a solid game but the supers need their CD reduced by half, especially support abilities like the tether shot on nightcrawler. It's retarded that I can only shoot an arrow that hardly does dmg to debuff a boss for 5 seconds every 5-10 minutes.

The only classes that have any kind of talent/ability synergy so far are warlock/void and hunter/arc...all the others are literally just shooting without any kind of special combat going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    only level 4, and Ive never played this type of game before, but I'm having a blast between campaign, adventures, and public events. Gameplay is super fun.

Maybe that changes later, but I havent been this engaged in awhile
    The gameplay is solid, but lacking on every part. This game literally is a worse version of Borderlands...less story, worse story, mediocre talent system, mediocre gear system...the type of weapon doesn't really change how you play and the class abilities are half assed.

All that said, the gameplay is fun...but I feel it's lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial476 View Post
    Yeah, the Healing Rift also has some really good niche moments such as a modifier in the Nightfall, I forget the name but it basically prevents you from triggering recovery until you've sprinted for like four seconds or so, which effectively prevents you from hiding behind a rock all day long. The Rift does allow you to stop for a moment and get your health back without running in that modifier.
    Also the one with mobs dropping healing orbs while normal health regen is greatly slowed. When you cant really run out to grab orbs when a boss is wailing on you. That modifier is also fun as it allows you to aggressively fight mobs and pick up health drops. The sprint health regen modifier also boosts healing while sprinting which was fun on a titan.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Make sure you learn how to turn public events into heroic events.
    Dear God yes!

Everyone needs to take a few minutes to google how to activate heroic public events. Don’t be that douchebag who runs in, guns blazing and ends the public event before other people have a chance to activate the heroic mode for it. That’s been one of my biggest pet peeves with the community so far in D2. So many randoms just nuking a public event boss before the heroic can be activated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Enjoying it so far. Definitely could use an update for the chat box and the ui is a bit basic but other than that no complaints the gameplay is solid as expected watching videos. No way deserves all the hate it gets
    Says the person who hasn’t experienced the endgame (or lack there of) and the shitty loot rewards associated with it. Sorry, but if you’re gonna make dumbass comments like that, at least experience the content that the complaints are being made about. If you knew anything at all about D2 yet, then you’d know that the leveling experience wasn’t one of the major problems with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Says the person who hasn’t experienced the endgame (or lack there of) and the shitty loot rewards associated with it. Sorry, but if you’re gonna make dumbass comments like that, at least experience the content that the complaints are being made about. If you knew anything at all about D2 yet, then you’d know that the leveling experience wasn’t one of the major problems with the game.
    Come on Zephyr the game has been our 24hrs.

He has clearly done....

1) The Raid.
    2) Got a lot of exotic's
    3) Pvp
    4) Gotten to level 20
    5) The Strikes
    6) The Night version of said strikes
    7) Prestige mode for both the Raid and the Night.

He has done it all man and has full right's to comment about all that content he has experinced......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

For any PC players who never played D1, I feel like they aren’t necessarily going to have the same complaints about the game that D1 veterans have about it. If they had seen everything D1 had and then went to D2, they’d understand where a lot of the complaints are coming from. Without having experienced that, the honeymoon phase or “new car smell” will be enough to keep them entertained longer than what it did for veterans who know better at this point.

Which is fine......if you enjoy it, then keep on playing. But don’t come onto forums and try to drown out or dismiss the people who have been around since D1 Beta and know that this game could have been (and should have been) way more than what we actually got. We are just able to see that Bungie took several HUGE steps back when making D2, which has only hurt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

He has clearly done....

1) The Raid.
    2) Got a lot of exotic's
    3) Pvp
    4) Gotten to level 20
    5) The Strikes

He has done it all man and has full right's to comment about all that content he has experinced......
    I know right? My bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    For any PC players who never played D1, I feel like they aren’t necessarily going to have the same complaints about the game that D1 veterans have about it. If they had seen everything D1 had and then went to D2, they’d understand where a lot of the complaints are coming from. Without having experienced that, the honeymoon phase or “new car smell” will be enough to keep them entertained longer than what it did for veterans who know better at this point.

Which is fine......if you enjoy it, then keep on playing. But don’t come onto forums and try to drown out or dismiss the people who have been around since D1 Beta and know that this game could have been (and should have been) way more than what we actually got. We are just able to see that Bungie took several HUGE steps back when making D2, which has only hurt it.

- - - Updated - - -

I know right? My bad :P
    Well said..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

He has clearly done....

1) The Raid.
    2) Got a lot of exotic's
    3) Pvp
    4) Gotten to level 20
    5) The Strikes

Damn you lot are bitter

Damn you lot are bitter
    Not bitter just pointing out that your opinion post was bullshit. You likely are not even level 20 and you tried to dismiss the more informed opinion's of others.

Not bitter just pointing out that your opinion post was bullshit. You likely are not even level 20 and you tried to dismiss the more informed opinion's of others.
    at almost level 20 he has done just as much as you. neither of you have a well informed opinion on the game. zephyr is not more informed, its literally you two just talking in circles with each other while everyone else enjoys the game, you serve no purpose in this thread other then to repeat your same bullshit daily. you are a troll. plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    at almost level 20 he has done just as much as you. neither of you have a well informed opinion on the game.
    Oh please do tell where anything I have said about Destiny 2's content is wrong. Please quote me and prove what I said wrong I am dying to read it.

Oh please do tell where anything I have said about Destiny 2's content is wrong. Please quote me and prove what I said wrong I am dying to read it.
    you havent done most of the content. you have barely played the game. im not going through that with you again, its all been posted and proven. you havent done shit you dont know shit, you are just talking out your ass.

My first impressions opinion is bullshit? Good to know. Still got lots to look forward too and learn

My first impressions opinion is bullshit? Good to know. Still got lots to look forward too and learn
    if you play for another day, you will have passed him up content wise anyways.

if you play for another day, you will have passed him up content wise anyways.
    Oh no doubt, Plan on being 20 tonight so give me another day and will be on track to easily pass him

Oh no doubt, Plan on being 20 tonight so give me another day and will be on track to easily pass him
    it wont be hard. 10 pvp matches and 1 nightfall then start spouting everything about the game as if you have done it all 8 times over.

Yes when you say
    No way deserves all the hate it gets
    Because the things people are pissed about is content you haven't done.

- - - Updated - - -

you havent done most of the content. you have barely played the game. im not going through that with you again, its all been posted and proven. you havent done shit you dont know shit, you are just talking out your ass.
    Please prove I didn't clear half the raid, I have yet to see you do this.

I already proved your (You barely got any exotic's) comment to be bullshit seeing how I have the trophy for 15.

- - - Updated - - -

it wont be hard. 10 pvp matches and 1 nightfall then start spouting everything about the game as if you have done it all 8 times over.
    So you need to do more then one Pvp to experience PVP in Destiny?

You need to do more then one Nightfall to experience Nightfall's in Destiny?

You need to clear the raid more then once to experience it? (well u got me here, I didn't clear it. I got bored as fuck half way though it).

Yes when you say

Because the things people are pissed about is content you haven't done.

- - - Updated - - -

Please prove I didn't clear half the raid, I have yet to see you do this.

I already proved your (You barely got any exotic's) comment to be bullshit seeing how I have the trophy for 15.
    15 exotics is barely any. you get 5 or so just from the story alone. you never set foot in the raid stop lying.

at 270 light, you even got carried in the nightfall. thats even better. you couldnt even get to modding your gear. you are 3 hours further then a fresh level 20 content wise.