Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. If Void Elves happened, it would be a subrace for Blood Elves. Alliance people, if you are so set on playing a White skin color Elf, you have to play Horde - sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Sigh. If Void Elves happened, it would be a subrace for Blood Elves. Alliance people, if you are so set on playing a White skin color Elf, you have to play Horde - sorry.
    The Datamined subrace for Blood elves is actually Nightborne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    The Datamined subrace for Blood elves is actually Nightborne.
    We have no idea what system is being put in place or how it will work, nor do we know exactly who might be getting what.

I admit it looks like the Alliance will be getting some form of thalassian elf based upon what we see, but what we see can be misleading or confusing.

Still, the Alliance will NOT be getting High Elves. They will be getting Void Elves. I have said in the past that the only way the Alliance would get playable High Elves would be if something drastic happened to them to make them not High Elves anymore.

This could be that. My prediction? It'll be like the Worgen. Out of combat you'll have the old look, but in combat you'll be in void form just like Alleria.

Void form itself poses some problems. It means you can't be Paladins. I reckon it also means you can't be Priests, not only because light and dark can't co-exist but because void elf void form would end up looking like a complete mess.

Which leads me to presume that subraces, if added, will be drastically limited in what classes they can actually take.

Void Elf Warrior, Yes.
    Void Elf Death Knight? No, it goes against the Death Knight story.
    Void Elf Paladin? No, obvious reasons.
    Void Elf Shaman? No.
    Void Elf Hunter? Yes, Alleria is the model for the sub-race.
    Void Elf Monk? Maybe, depends how the the spirit of the wild (which monks call chi) interacts with the void. I am actually sort of doubtful.
    Void Elf Rogue? Can't see any problems with that.
    Void Elf Druid? Oh hell no.
    Void Elf Demon Hunter? Same as the DK, hero classes have unique origins which preclude it.
    Void Elf Mage? Sure I guess.
    Void Elf Warlock? Probably.
    Void Elf Priest? You'd think it would work, but it won't.

So IF void elves are a thing, at best I can see five classes working with it and some of those are somewhat stretches.

I sincerely hope I am wrong that Void Elves for the Alliance is going to be a thing. I think giving the Alliance access to the most popular Horde model is a mistake, even if those who choose it are going to be playing as living ink blots. But from what we know, it IS possible that this is going to happen. It's not going to happen the way some people wanted, a simple copy/paste of the Horde race.

I wonder how long it will be before people start asking Blizzard for the ability to keep void form 'off' in combat?

My personal preference is that Void Elf turns out to be a Blood Elf subrace. This would make the most sense and a storyline could easily be written so as to support it, but I recognise that the datamining does not support that conclusion. I therefore hope the datamining is leading us to draw hasty, incorrect conclusions.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-10-27 at 12:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I sincerely hope I am wrong that Void Elves for the Alliance is going to be a thing. I think giving the Alliance access to the most popular Horde model is a mistake, even if those who choose it are going to be playing as living ink blots. But from what we know, it IS possible that this is going to happen.
    If this mistake of a race happens, at least the Horde would be free of those who "like elves but hate the Horde"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If this mistake of a race happens, at least the Horde would be free of those who "like elves but hate the Horde"
    As I said, the indications are they are finally going to get what they want, just not in the way they wanted. A void elf is not a High Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    So many elf haters let’s just wait 1 more week and see what happens shall we.
    If I hated elves I wouldn't play one. I have always felt that the differences between the factions should be maintained as much as possible, and giving the Alliance access to the Horde's most popular race in any fashion is a mistake.

But one more week and we shall see, there is an extremely good chance we all have the wrong end of the stick here.

Void Elf Monk? Maybe, depends how the the spirit of the wild (which monks call chi) interacts with the void. I am actually sort of doubtful.
    Void Elf Priest? You'd think it would work, but it won't.
    Forsaken Monk. Forsaken Holy Priest. Both have more or less the exact same kind of problem Void Elves would have. Technically, we actually have literal ingame Voidwalkers who can wield the Light. That's right. Voidwalkers can wield the Holy Light.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18870/voidshrieker#abilities

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Forsaken Monk. Forsaken Holy Priest. Both have more or less the exact same kind of problem Void Elves would have. Technically, we actually have literal ingame Voidwalkers who can wield the Light. That's right. Voidwalkers can wield the Holy Light.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18870/voidshrieker#abilities
    Aren’t these guys just eating holy spells and throwing them back at you? Iirc they only use light spells if you use them on them first.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Quite a lot people want to play blood elfs, but just want to stay on the Alliance.
    That's pretty much the only main reason really (though I personally can understand that).
    That's a really retarded reason though and by that logic, I really want to play Draenei but don't want to be alliance, pls give horde lightforged draenei ty.

High Elves should not be playable, now or ever, we have two playable elves, high elves share the exact same model as blood elves, it's essentially giving the alliance a horde race and what would we get? Nightborne? They have no facial animations, they have shitty customization, it'll be a rather poor deal for those of us playing horde unless the nightborne receive significant attention to their models.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2017-10-27 at 01:46 PM.

So this entire rumor is built around a character creation screen being put next to these races in the codes? Interesting. The Nightborne and the Highmountain are coded with the Horde background. The Void and the Lightforged are coded with the Alliance. Hmmmmmm. This is actually kinda lame on its own merit but if it opens up subraces for the other races I am going to be very excited. EARTHEN DWARVES, HUZZAH!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So many elf haters let’s just wait 1 more week and see what happens shall we.
    They are the vocal minority. Most players would love to see more, evidenced by the fact that 36% of 110s play an elf when there are 13 races to play in World of Warcraft. A fact people like friendlyimmolation and zulkhan ignore because of the fact that they themselves don't want more elves. I guess for people like that, perception really is reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    They are the vocal minority. Most players would love to see more, evidenced by the fact that 36% of 110s play an elf when there are 13 races to play in World of Warcraft. A fact people like friendlyimmolation and zulkhan ignore because of the fact that they themselves don't want more elves. I guess for people like that, perception really is reality.
    Remember, when facts hurt your belief that you are owed high elves, brag about ignoring people who actually post sources.

Wanting something doesn’t make it good, but it will make the situation beyond hysterical if once again high elves are not given.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day blizzard are a company that wants to satisfy it’s consumer base if it’s what the consumer wants they’ll find a way to accommodate.
    Again, not an actual argument for high elves. If blizzard was solely focused on giving everything people wanted , the game would have not survived as long as it was. The alliance will never get the blood elf model, it’s a simple fact for a 2 faction game. If “void elves” were high elves at one point, they will have been changed enough that they no longer look like high elves, and therefore become playable IF every other reason is scraped aside.

Hell we have no idea if the void elves are even actually elves, they could be etherals for all we know.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Again, not an actual argument for high elves. If blizzard was solely focused on giving everything people wanted , the game would have not survived as long as it was. The alliance will never get the blood elf model, it’s a simple fact for a 2 faction game. If “void elves” were high elves at one point, they will have been changed enough that they no longer look like high elves, and therefore become playable IF every other reason is scraped aside.

Hell we have no idea if the void elves are even actually elves, they could be etherals for all we know.
    To be fair Friendly, I think this time might actually be it for playable thalassian elves for the Alliance. On the other hand, they probably aren't going to look like what the people who have spent years asking for High Elves want. I mean, the Void Elves are deep, DEEP inky blue, almost black.

I feel that this time, they will finally have their way.

On the other hand they are about to get what they want, just not in the way they wanted. After all, if the Horde gets Nightborne, we are basically getting modified Night Elves but NOT Night Elves. Void Elves will never be High Elves.

How long do you think it will be before the void form begins irritating people and they demand blizzard turns it off so they can play proper High Elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair Friendly, I think this time might actually be it for playable thalassian elves for the Alliance. On the other hand, they probably aren't going to look like what the people who have spent years asking for High Elves want. I mean, the Void Elves are deep, DEEP inky blue, almost black.

I feel that this time, they will finally have their way.

On the other hand they are about to get what they want, just not in the way they wanted. After all, if the Horde gets Nightborne, we are basically getting modified Night Elves but NOT Night Elves. Void Elves will never be High Elves.

How long do you think it will be before the void form begins irritating people and they demand blizzard turns it off so they can play proper High Elves?
    Some people already are saying the high elf dream was killed by this lol.

I won’t believe it happens till I see it with my own eyes. Luckily that’s only a week so I won’t have to wait long to laugh hysterically or Be very surprised.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Some people already are saying the high elf dream was killed by this lol.

I won’t believe it happens till I see it with my own eyes. Luckily that’s only a week so I won’t have to wait long to laugh hysterically or Be very surprised.
    I've already made peace with it. There's just the faintest ring of truth that makes me think this IS the direction they are going in, especially given the dialogue between Liandrin and the Nightborne on the Vindicaar.

I don't want it to happen, I hope to God we are misinterpreting it but I've also made peace with it.

Still we have to focus on the fact that if you want to play a proper thalassian elf you'll still have to go Horde. This Void Elf subrace (which would work amazingly as a blood elf subrace by the way. The other two potential subraces that were datamined are modifications of existing race models rather than a straight swap after all) is NOT a High Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will play it and be happy with it tbh, I waited since tbc for it and boy was I disappointed blood elves went horde I’ve never been a horde fan girl but I do love those models.
    Which is why i hope this is us misinterpreting the data. Blood Elves were added to the Horde specifically to make people want to play an underpopulated faction.

Even if it's correct I think you underestimate just how much the change of palette may affect what you are seeing. You are basically going to be playing a shadow with pointy ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s fine by me. As long as I’m not in a mudhut with spikes.
    There is still no confirmation that this is going to happen. There is only the possibility based on datamining that could very easily either be wrong or being read out of context.

I still think it's an incredibly dumb decision if they are going that way. What about Alliance players who want to play Orcs or Horde players who want to play Draenei? Why are those players getting left out in the cold?

10+ Year Old Account
    There’s always a chance for broken for horde and honestly a orc in a human civ theme doesn’t really fit just like the blood elf theme doesn’t fit for horde giving horde blood elves was the biggest mistake blizz ever did they shouldn’t have felt the need to give them an essentially alliance race to try and bandaid faction imbalances.
    And this shows the great misunderstanding some people still have. The blood elves didn't just decide to join the Horde, they had to be convinced about the Alliance's trechery" twice. The fact that some people are unable to handle a game if white elves are best friends with humans and dwarves is silly. The high elves were alliance in warcraft 2, get over it. People should be thankful high elf npcs even existed, hopefully this void elf shit if they aren't actually elves ends the dumb wish once and for all.
    Holy shit lol

They should have made the horde more appealing so the imbalance never happened in the first place.
    Oh they tried, have you ever seen the female troll alpha model?

http://www.noob-club.ru/media/news/2...il/alpha/2.jpg