Thread: Pet Peeves

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Idiots in the left lane who aren't actively passing.
    Idiots in the middle lane who aren't actively passing (thus exacerbating the left lane issue)
    People driving while not paying attention.
    People who wait till the very last second to attempt to merge.
    People who wait 3-5 seconds before actually moving at a green light.
    People who use 'everyone' and 'no one' incorrectly.
    People who use the phrase 'cuck'.
    People who will stop in the middle of a grocery store aisle w/o moving their cart over
    Pedestrians who walk across a street slower than a 1 legged retiree.
    People who will use a drive thru ATM, and spend time re-arranging their wallet or purse before driving forward once the transaction is done.
    People who make negative, all inclusive generalizations about the opposite sex, and still believe that they themselves don't simply make repeatedly shitty choices.
    Pro lifers
    Religious types who insist on foisting those beliefs on others, or insisting that they be accomodated somewhere other than a place of worship.
    Video game cash shop advocates
    People who believe they are owed content by creative forces.
    Capitalists who believe that the wants of a shareholder are more important than those of the employee
    Liberals who feel that gov't should have control over what we own
    Right wingers who feel that gov't should have control over our own bodies / personal choices.
    People who consistently interrupt / finish sentences for you.
    People who never ask how anyone else is doing, or show concern for anything other than their own current status.
    P....

Actually, this list would be easier if I listed the things that don't piss me off.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2017-10-24 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    As a customer service rep, it's got to be old people.

"I'm 83 years old and . . . "

Lady, shut the hell up. Just because you're old as shit doesn't mean you get special treatment.

"Oh I don't use the Internet, I don't trust this newfangled technology."

It's almost 30 years old now. It's not new. And you could save both myself and yourself time and trouble, if you just did this one thing on the fucking Internet. But no, instead of taking 30 seconds to log into the credit card website to review your transactions, your making me read all 300 of your LL Beans and Kohls purchases for the past 3 months. Get the fuck out of here.

And my favorite one, since my company services the credit card for LL Beans but isn't LL Beans

"I'd like to purchase this raspberry colored sweater"

What possessed you to think that the number on the back of your CREDIT CARD went to the store?

Or when they just go on and on and on about this return. How they got these shoes that were so comfortable but they were the wrong color so they got them returned but LL Bean sent back the wrong shoe and now it's on backorder and blah blah blah. Like, lady, all your asking is for a credit balance refund. I don't need to know, nor do I care about, any of that shit.
    To make it short, "old folks
    Your post sounds really frustrating

The term "Pet Peeve"

Whenever I want to show a friend something funny and they refuse to watch the snippet of it simply because they heard that person is a 'meme'.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

People chewing loudly.

People that are late, or make plans and don't follow through or feign wanting to make plans with no intention of following through. Actually the make plans and not follow through isn't a pet peeve. That's literally someone being a colossal cocksucker and bad friend and I'll never make plans or invite you anywhere ever again.

People blowing the stinky shit smelling smoke of their vape sticks everywhere.

People who say no offense before saying something offensive.

People that have swear words in their common vocabulary and using them where they make no sense.

People that walk down the street looking down at their phone and generally other things that make people have no spatial awareness. Similarly, 2 people walking their dogs/walking a pram and taking up the entire pavement.

People that talk over others.

People that are passive aggressive in hopes of gaining attention when it's first time you've interacted with them that day so you know whatever it is their angry about is not your fault but they're still cunts to you.

People that damage stuff when their only mildly angry or have a slight inconvenience.

People that only talk about themselves.

People that stay on their phone during social gatherings and events, just go home you're an eye-sore.

That's all I can currently think of.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-10-24 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who think saying 'No offense' means they aren't being offensive.
    Utah Drivers.
    Utah Liquor Laws.
    People who freak out on me because I don't like sports.
    Comcast customer service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackspiral View Post
    People who think saying 'No offense' means they aren't being offensive.
    Utah Drivers.
    Utah Liquor Laws.
    People who freak out on me because I don't like sports.
    Comcast customer service.
    OMG I hate the expectation that I, because I'm male, must care about some stupid ball in a field.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Slow drivers.
    2) Balkan people in Sweden who think that we're the same and that I understand them just because I can speak their language. Bitch I'm a World Citizen, it doesn't matter where I'm born.
    3) People who bother me in the morning or before I've had my breakfast.
    4) Mobile F2P games.
    5) People who disagree with me.

Oh man I could go on...

6) Simple /boring people who go on with their lives thinking that having kids is the best thing in the world and that visiting one country every year is the shit.
    7) People who expect me to watch sports. I love playing sports but I don't like watching them.
    8) People who don't accept my advice when I am trying to help them.
    9) Girls who try to make me dance with them.
    10) My boss who doesn't even have a clue about me yet treats me like she does.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2017-10-25 at 11:39 AM.

Catalogs they stuff in my mail box I never buy anything from. Such a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    5) People who disagree with me.

so basically your someone who doesn't like any form of criticism.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so basically your someone who doesn't like any form of criticism.
    I back off when I know I'm wrong. Criticism with no proof and no ground is going to meet resistance.

Pretentious people, mean people, dumb people, delusional people. No I'm not a misanthrope but yeah many people check one or more of those boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    People who don't know what Sylvanas name is yet start threads about her.

Her name is not:
    Sylvanus
    Sylvannas
    Silvanas

Her name is:
    Sylvanas
    I'm pretty sure it's Sylvanus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I back off when I know I'm wrong. Criticism with no proof and no ground is going to meet resistance.
    but if you are the one who determines whose wrong from your point of view than can you really objectively know when your wrong in all instances?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but if you are the one who determines whose wrong from your point of view than can you really objectively know when your wrong in all instances?
    Easily, by not speaking until I'm sure about things.
    I'm great at analyzing. It's why I'm single.

Deleted
    Easily, by not speaking until I'm sure about things.
    I'm great at analyzing. It's why I'm single.
    You can still end up being wrong about something, even if you are convinced that you are sure/right about it...
    Also, not sure what one has to do with the others.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only a few. The top one would be condescending attitudes from people. Another one on top of the list would be rap music. I do not have any issues with it as long as I do not hear it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    She is a Swedish immigrant from Finland.

She was pretty cool, had her on steam for a while and would play DOTA2 with her. She just up and disappeared around the time I started dating my wife.
    This looks like the first line of a movie's plot synopsis wherein you discover that they are the same person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    People using "well" and "good" incorrectly when describing something. It pisses me off for reasons I can't explain. It also makes them sound stupid, even though so many do it.
    I am not sure what my pet peeve is, but one of my other peeves is people who attempt to correct someone's grammar while making egregious mistakes of their own. You're welcome.

People being late

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a cashier problem, but when people use cash for stupid stuff. One beer for $2? Hands me a $50. Basket filled with produce that comes out to an almost perfect $20, the most common bill I get, THEN they use their card...I swear the whole fucking town has a secret game where they purposefully try and get as much change from the store as possible.

But that isn't the worst. We have an ATM right next to our registers. Its like nails on a chalkboard watching so many customers using their perfectly good debit cards to withdraw money, THEN pay for their purchaces with that cash...THEY JUST USED THEIR CARD! But once, in my 2+ years in this store, ONLY ONCE SOMEHOW THANK GOD, I witnessed someone use their card to withdraw money, pick up some random ass thing, I forget what, then proceed to write a CHECK. You had a card. You had cash. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?

I guess it boils down to one more broad pet peeve: Intentional antiquation. If you refuse to get with the times and make things easier for yourself, you just make things harder for everyone else for absolutely no goddamed reason. Use a debit card, they are free. Use it to buy your 35 cent gum, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE THE CARD AT THE PUMPS! If I had a nickel for someone who complained we can't let them fill up...YOU CAN USE YOUR CARD AND FILL UP, otherwise we need an amount. IM NOT THE ONE STANDING IN THE WAY OF YOU AND YOUR PERFECT 4.563 GALLONS OF GAS! IT'S YOU.

Last thing, the people who ask for receipts. That transaction history is available online. It doesn't inconvenience me that you need it, but it still irks me you rely on paper to keep track of your finances.

Fuck, I needed to rant. Cashiering is horrible job that gets right under your skin so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by thoxrendar View Post
    I am not sure what my pet peeve is, but one of my other peeves is people who attempt to correct someone's grammar while making egregious mistakes of their own. You're welcome.
    Wrong was perfectly fine to use there despite perhaps not being the best word to use for the given situation. The meaning is also exactly the same and easily understood by everyone, while "good" and "well" describe two different things entirely. It is mainly the amount of people making the mistake compared to the mistake. English is not my first language so I often make mistakes, but most mistakes that people make, like for example "your" and "you're" can't be discerned in speech, while "well" and "good" easily can.

Also, you assumed that I actually correct people. I don't, i just personally get annoyed by it. You can be annoyed at someone making mistakes without correcting people. You should learn to do that.