Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floof View Post
    Spamm running normal on 10 toons takes a bit over an hour? What's the difference?
    Don't even compare a LFR queue to only Gul'dan (you can queue directly to him) with making a pug and clearing all the damn raid till gul'dan. I can do Gul'dan with 5 alts in the time in NM a pug would be in Elisande with the first char.

Deleted
    Yeah so let's spamm run that on LFR but we can't have Guldan mount on LFR... Moronic design from Blizzard and CO.

- - - Updated - - -

Watch out here comes another baboon..... Baboon coming through choooo chooooo
    That's why you have a brain - to contain your inner baboon. Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Why do you think I'm implying a distinction of skill or special snowflake syndrome in this case?
    I'm implying a distinction based on time spent. People who spend more time in the game should be rewarded more generously than those who spend little time in the game, just as people playing on a high skill level should be rewarded on a higher level than those playing on entry level difficulty. Both of them (time spent and skill development) are pillars in society as well as gaming, and without effort little reward should follow.

You're free to disagree but you'll have a hard time arguing that I'm wrong on an objective level.
    On the contrary, it's very easy to prove that you are objectively wrong on multiple levels.

First of all, you compare the game with real life as if people automatically play World of Warcraft. WoW isn't life, it's a paid form of entertainment, so there is another set of variables to balance here: if people don't have enough worthwhile goals to pursue at their skill level and the amount of time they are willing or able to invest, they will simply stop playing. If they stop playing, Blizzard gets less money... I believe you get my point.

It is perfectly fine for Blizzard to layer the game with challenges and rewards for all sorts of players, that is the nature of an MMO. It's fine that there is a Mythic mount for Mythic players and a meta achievement mount for Normal & Heroic. 1% mounts do not reflect your skill and investment very well, though. Most guilds who raid normally don't even see them drop, or they see them drop once.
    The vast, vast majority of people who own these mounts obtain them long after they were current content (trust me, as a long time collector, I know). It doesn't matter how good you are, it's simply not efficient to do weekly clears when you have to roll against 9+ other people on a 1% drop. If they make the drops personal, though, and available in LFR, you no longer need to wait two years to start farming the mount, you can do it while it's current. And it will always take more /played time to do current content than it takes to solo it later.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    But you have to agree theres no intention to raid, look at all the guilds that finally quit.
    World first race is dead since Legion. Almost since WoD cause people finally realized its ass cause of the RNG.
    Theres nothing to gain besides your own epeen.
    Raiding is solely for transmog, titles and mounts. There's no rewards anymore and if you claim you do it because its fun.

Would you actually raid if you only got an achievement that gives you 10 points and ZERO items
    I raided from vanilla through mid-MoP, and most raiding was done for character progression, titles/mounts were a thing that was a bonus.

Now with all the alternate gearing methods, multiple difficulty, and overlap via titanforging of course gear means much less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    Don't even compare a LFR queue to only Gul'dan (you can queue directly to him) with making a pug and clearing all the damn raid till gul'dan. I can do Gul'dan with 5 alts in the time in NM a pug would be in Elisande with the first char.
    You que directly into him on Normal and Heroic too. Only difference is you need to interract with a few people, theres tons of grps all the time for either Elisande + Guldan or just guldan as you can use a lockout as you could with archimonde or garrosh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I do know several people that spam ran LFR on all of their toons. I imagine Blizzard doesn't want people taking 10+ tries at the mount in just over an hour.
    This, exactly!

So you guys add the Living Infernal Core by mistake which is fair enough...
    They didn't add the mount, it was a bug, and the mistake was rectified via Hotfix.

Do you understand?

Why does it matter to have Living Infernal Core not available through LFR,
    when you put Mistress Mount + Maiden Hammer obtainable through LFR??? What rightfully goes through your mind reverting this change?
    The mounts from those bosses are intended to drop on the respective difficulties, reverting the bug (note, not "change" as you've misunderstood) rightfully rectified this bug back to the intended design: that the mount drops on correct difficulty.

Finally, you're forgetting that the mount needs to remain dropping from intended difficulty to honour all of those players and Guilds that spent the time farming and progressing on respective difficulties for the mount. That is the rightful argument for rectifying the bug.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    You know you can skip all bosses up to Elisande.

Not same shit, as it still removes 1 extra chance of achieving the mount

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for commenting and being useless, have a nice day bud.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, so let me PM you the links as well and say the same about all the other customers who did the same thing and when the CEO of the company says everyone is being refunded. Not much to change.
    Keep sending links that proves my fucking point.. You got screwed over cause you didn't know your rights. The store had no right to pull back from anyone who didnt act in 'ond tro'. As of such anyone who bought a phone together with the pricing deemed not unrealistically low by offside viewers makes it your damn fault, and as such it could have followed up upon. Now go fucking learn ya rights. It says so in the damn link..

99% of the people who probably got it yesterday ran it on LFR on purpose with evil intent for the chance to get it.
    You are so grossly incorrect and misrepresenting this issue, one would almost think you're sleeping with blizzards utters over your face.

There's no EVIL intent in trying to get a mount from LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    They should have left it in as compensation for it being bugged and not dropping on personal loot until now. They made a mistake and prevented it dropping for everyone, so their mistake having it drop should have been left. Lots of people actually ran multiple guldans a week for it, and that was wasted time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    This, exactly!

They didn't add the mount, it was a bug, and the mistake was rectified via Hotfix.

Do you understand?

The mounts from those bosses are intended to drop on the respective difficulties, reverting the bug (note, not "change" as you've misunderstood) rightfully rectified this bug back to the intended design: that the mount drops on correct difficulty.

Finally, you're forgetting that the mount needs to remain dropping from intended difficulty to honour all of those players and Guilds that spent the time farming and progressing on respective difficulties for the mount. That is the rightful argument for rectifying the bug.
    Can still be done on 10 characters on normal might just take 2 hours.... stupid point

It was still "added" to the drop table whether intended or not doesnt matter, if they remove it from the table which they did, then remove all the mounts that was given out by using that bug.

Honor all difficulties and guilds, really dude? IF THEY WANTED TO HONOUR the effort put into the game by guilds atleast remove the mount from the game when ToS came out. Just like they did with Naxx 10/25

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    You are so grossly incorrect and misrepresenting this issue, one would almost think you're sleeping with blizzards utters over your face.

There's no EVIL intent in trying to get a mount from LFR.
    How so? Everyone spamm it on all their available toons like baboons when they saw it could drop from LFR. If everyone knew this was a bug and wasn't intended thats an evil intent to gain something that shouldnt be possible.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honor all difficulties and guilds, really dude? IF THEY WANTED TO HONOUR the effort put into the game by guilds atleast remove the mount from the game when ToS came out. Just like they did with Naxx 10/25
    Maybe in 5 years they add it to the black market AH like they did with the plagued protodrake /sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    On the contrary, it's very easy to prove that you are objectively wrong on multiple levels.

First of all, you compare the game with real life as if people automatically play World of Warcraft. WoW isn't life, it's a paid form of entertainment, so there is another set of variables to balance here: if people don't have enough worthwhile goals to pursue at their skill level and the amount of time they are willing or able to invest, they will simply stop playing. If they stop playing, Blizzard gets less money... I believe you get my point.

It is perfectly fine for Blizzard to layer the game with challenges and rewards for all sorts of players, that is the nature of an MMO. It's fine that there is a Mythic mount for Mythic players and a meta achievement mount for Normal & Heroic. 1% mounts do not reflect your skill and investment very well, though. Most guilds who raid normally don't even see them drop, or they see them drop once.
    The vast, vast majority of people who own these mounts obtain them long after they were current content (trust me, as a long time collector, I know). It doesn't matter how good you are, it's simply not efficient to do weekly clears when you have to roll against 9+ other people on a 1% drop. If they make the drops personal, though, and available in LFR, you no longer need to wait two years to start farming the mount, you can do it while it's current. And it will always take more /played time to do current content than it takes to solo it later.
    Thats just outright wrong... Unless you join a guild group, the loot will be just as personal as it is on lfr and as such you do NOT roll against 1-29 other players, you only roll against yourself. So not having it in LFR doesnt make it any less of a perfectly accesable farm in norm and heroic. And its been that way for at least all of Legion. We cant use past forms of loot distribuation to anything in this discussion..

The mount should drop on LFR. Even the hounds in Antorus will drop in LFR, like every other Legion raid mount currently in game.

My warlock wants it badly, but not badly enough to make friends. D:<

How so? Everyone spamm it on all their available toons like baboons when they saw it could drop from LFR. If everyone knew this was a bug and wasn't intended thats an evil intent to gain something that shouldnt be possible.
    And how did everyone know it was a bug? Even mmo-champion documented it as an official change on their front page. Does that mean everyone who read it here and started running it with a chance of getting the mount EVIL?

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Thats just outright wrong... Unless you join a guild group, the loot will be just as personal as it is on lfr and as such you do NOT roll against 1-29 other players, you only roll against yourself. So not having it in LFR doesnt make it any less of a perfectly accesable farm in norm and heroic. And its been that way for at least all of Legion. We cant use past forms of loot distribuation to anything in this discussion..
    So far the mount either did not drop on Personal loot at all, or had an adjusted lower drop rate to compensate for not rolling against other ppl, so it was 0.1% or lower, like Sha of Anger. This point was brought up a few times in mount collector circles recently. In fact, this "mistake" most likely happened because they adjusted the chance for this mount to drop on Personal.

If you farmed this mount on Personal loot in the past months, I'm sorry, but you wasted your time. This is the usual level of respect Blizzard shows collectors, btw. It was the same with Sha back in MoP, and the shaman SoO set in Flex.

So you guys add the Living Infernal Core by mistake which is fair enough...

Yet X amount of people obtained the mount through LFR the last few days or so, now today you have reverted the change and removed it from LFR table?

So why not also go ahead and remove the mount from everyone who got it yesterday? They obtained the mount through a way that shouldnt be possible. Same concept as Exploiting items and obtaining them that way but they get removed?

Why does it matter to have Living Infernal Core not available through LFR,
    when you put Mistress Mount + Maiden Hammer obtainable through LFR??? What rightfully goes through your mind reverting this change?

Heroic and Normal is as much as a joke.....
    Give us back your mistake and put it back onto LFR Table. If you wanna stick with having it removed, better have some good excuse ready with it and to why you dont remove ToS Items then from LFR.

Or remove the mount from everyone who got it.
    If normal and heroic modes are such a "joke", feel free to do those modes to get the mount. There we go, problem solved. Doesn't anyone ever get tired of complaining over trivial shit? Someone else got something you didn't so everyone should be punished? How often do you have to go out of your way to making something right when you make a simple mistake? Probably never.

Your complaint is the equivalent of yelling at the sky because someone had a slightly easier life than you, lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh right... Let me just do normal and heroic raids and get a 940 item which removes all intentions of ever bothering killing that boss on Mythic.
    As said and many others say.

Only reason you raid these days is for transmog, titles and mounts, which is all obtainable next tier again and next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, always positive thoughts man, hope your weekend is gonna be lit. What do people do in NJ in the weekends?
    Drink Jaegerbombs with our collars popped and our sunglasses on inside
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But the people that knew about this bug actively sought out to try and get the mount from LFR difficulty when it was available.
    True, but ultimately irrelevant. Blizzard can't know who ran LFR because they would have run it anyway, and who did it specifically for the mount (exploiting the bug).

Mhm let me think LFR...... Dragon Soul... people split ran that for gear...
    True. This was Blizzard's first foray into LFR. One of the biggest lessons they learned was to not put rewards into LFR that would compel people who wanted to avoid LFR into going there. So no, this fact does not support your argument.

Draenor and Legion hmmmmm.... top end guilds ran LFR on toons to get runes early on,
    That doesn't mean they were compelled to. In both expansions, LFR launched only after the other raid modes, so the capacity to farm runes early was fairly limited. Besides, runes are available from the AH. The choice was, by design, up to those guilds whether to bother with LFR or not, and the fact that many top guilds chose not to run LFR at all, proves this.

mhmmm Mistress Mount is available through LFR...
    This is about the only relevant point you've made. Still, it's hardly precedent setting being the only mount that can be obtained from any LFR boss in the history of LFR.

Maiden Hammer is available through LFR...
    Not a mount. False equivalence. Lots of xmog looks are unique to LFR, but they aren't really compelling reasons to run LFR if you don't like it.

you can still obtain Runes through LFR....
    Not exactly a compelling reason to run LFR if you don't like it though. So another false equivalence.

MoP you could run LFR for legendary cloak same with WoD Ring....
    This is another false equivalence of course because these drops only benefitted you if you weren't doing normal/heroic/mythic (remember you only had 1 roll per boss per week, not 1 roll per boss per difficulty).

People also run LFR now a days for a higher chance to get a Legendary.
    Another false equivalence. There are so many sources of getting a legendary, skipping LFR simply means you can spend your time pursuing another. It's not a compelling reason to run LFR if you don't like it.

You're logic makes no sense
    I attribute that to your poor grasp of logic

Also everyone knew for a fact that the mount never dropped in LFR to begin with,
    That's quite an assumption you're making there...

so you shouldnt be supprised if you'd got it through LFR to begin with. So that logic doesnt make any sense either.
    Just because someone doesn't expect to be able to get a surprise bonus, doesn't mean they won't be disappointed if it gets taken away. It's like if a friend gives you a nice gift out of the blue, then asks for it back because it was meant for someone else. It feels shitty.

Anyway, I don't care to keep defending my logic to you if you seem to be unwilling (or is it incapable?) of grasping simple logic, especially given the generally arrogant and condescending tone of your running commentary. You asked our collective opinion, and multiple people have told you pretty much the same thing. Time to stop being asinine.

Ah fuck, i didn't even know there was such a glitch in the first place, would have spammed lfr across all my toons..