Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    I just kind of think it won't be distinct race choices but rather come as customization options for existing races, that way they can also add new stuff to races that don't really have subraces, it would just come as another type of customization.
    My take as well.
    They can compensate races without subraces by giving them more customization options.
    For instance, I'd rather have "body types" for humans than try to force subraces into them.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Yeah, but then I don't get why you dismiss Taunka subrace because of it (assuming you mean the database thing, which if anything is obviously incomplete).
    Taunka has not been relevant since WOTLK, that's why. And there were already four subraces datamined which were the Void Elves, Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei.

This also works with the http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post47062579 "leak" (though this is not confirmed to be real until Blizzcon starts)

But the four races found in the database are pretty clear to me. I expected all of them except the void elves which is still a big mystery to me.

so all these leaks there was supposed to come out today?? where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Taunka has not been relevant since WOTLK, that's why. And there were already four subraces datamined which were the Void Elves, Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei.

This also works with the http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post47062579 "leak" (though this is not confirmed to be real until Blizzcon starts)

But the four races found in the database are pretty clear to me. I expected all of them except the void elves which is still a big mystery to me.
    Indeed, now that you mention it, "Winds of Winter" do fit the highmountain as much as the taunka. I was kinda misremembering "our cousins of the North", which wouldn't apply.

And, about the void elves. If they are indeed the "evolution" of high elves, then "high bloodline - high responsibility" fits very well.

I still think Cluemancer's is fake because it also hints at 3 new playable races, which I find really unlikely. (Thought I'd love to see ogres in the Horde, even if the Alliance didn't get anything in return, lol).

For the level 112 leak, what besides the level cap being 112 raises any scepticism for you? Seems to be some love for it the last few pages. I believe ppl mainly criticised a 2 level xpac and the water physics part and name of specs for new class.

I think the water physics part could just be more of a general statement from him and its just a minor touchup which would make sense for blizz to do if theres an xpac with lots of water. As for the spec names, weird but possible with the void theme or simply old names he knows of that are now changed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ft-8-0-details for reference

Deleted
    Am I the only one who think that the next expac will be live for summer 2018 ? (less than 1 year)

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I still think Cluemancer's is fake because it also hints at 3 new playable races, which I find really unlikely. (Thought I'd love to see ogres in the Horde, even if the Alliance didn't get anything in return, lol).
    Where does it hint about 3? I see the one line about "It's an honor to receive the gift of wyrm skin from you." but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    so all these leaks there was supposed to come out today?? where are they?
    You might wanna wait for the West Coast to wake up dude...it's like 5:30 in the morning over there.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

I want the cluemancer leak to be real because of ogres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralNader View Post
    Where does it hint about 3? I see the one line about "It's an honor to receive the gift of wyrm skin from you." but that's it.
    That's the thing about vague hints. People will latch on to them and project their hopes onto them. It's how fortune-telling and astrology work, people fill in the blanks and are convinced they were told.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralNader View Post
    Alliance (after he finishes talking subraces):
    "Not all of us despise our children, and someday we will stand with them shoulder to shoulder."

Horde (after he finishes talking subraces):
    "You are not the Horde without us."

To me, those hint at new faction-aligned races, probably vrykul and ogre.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post

Why would they limit it to relevancy? Also the Taunka are already in that database apparently.

Anyway, with that "leak" only one is really a clear cut match, that is lightforged draenei. Void elves would be a stretch, as the clue is just refering to high elves. The Tauren clue was the whole start of this, as it clearly refers to Taunka. Yes there is wind in Highmountain, but it talks of winter. And of course you can make it work for Highmountain, but that's because they're vague clues open to interpretation. Nightborne are nowhere to be mentioned at all either way. Basically the "leak" just refers to what we already knew about, if you think the database leak is anything to go by for the expansion, the Cluemancer leak should be highly doubtful to you because it doesn't add up when you put both together.

Indeed, now that you mention it, "Winds of Winter" do fit the highmountain as much as the taunka. I was kinda misremembering "our cousins of the North", which wouldn't apply.
    What is wintery about Highmountain? I have a hard time seeing this refer to highmountain tauren.
    Last edited by Samin; 2017-10-27 at 12:52 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    No new "leak" today? Come on...

Alliance (after he finishes talking subraces):
    "Not all of us despise our children, and someday we will stand with them shoulder to shoulder."

Horde (after he finishes talking subraces):
    "You are not the Horde without us."

To me, those hint at new faction-aligned races, probably vrykul and ogre.

I assumed those to be also talking about Subraces too. But then again as someone just said. Vague hints are vague hints. But we can have fun trying to decipher what they mean since we have no other "real" leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    For the level 112 leak, what besides the level cap being 112 raises any scepticism for you? Seems to be some love for it the last few pages. I believe ppl mainly criticised a 2 level xpac and the water physics part and name of specs for new class.

I think the water physics part could just be more of a general statement from him and its just a minor touchup which would make sense for blizz to do if theres an xpac with lots of water. As for the spec names, weird but possible with the void theme or simply old names he knows of that are now changed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ft-8-0-details for reference
    Thinking about the 112 thing... Maybe its 112 cap for 8.0 but then upped to 114 for 8.1, 116 for 8.2 etc....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    No new "leak" today? Come on...
    Calm down - it's still not even 6:00 in the morning over there.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    it could the 112 one is tru, tho i highly doubt it, even tho they menitoned 119-120, beucase when u think about it, if they really planned to do lvl 112, they wouldnt say "when you lvl from 111 to 112" instead they would say what people normally assume which was 119-120 as to not give them hints.

10+ Year Old Account
    North Western England, Furness Peninsulas
    EU Player here what have i missed in the last day? would some kind soul please give me a quick summary of the most recent finds Please & Thank You.
    "You have no idea what you don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by Randypan View Post
    EU Player here what have i missed in the last day? would some kind soul please give me a quick summary of the most recent finds Please & Thank You.
    nothing, thread has been ''dead'' the last 2 days, post now are just desperation from people who wants to reach 2k posts.
    Last edited by Amstrup; 2017-10-27 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Also, started reading best webcomic ever just a few seconds ago.
    Sorry, been meaning to mention it to you for days now
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.