Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Now, the main problem I see with the ship concept is that it would remove other players for significant stretches of time. They've repeatedly stated they don't want that again (like garrison system in WoD) and thus we had fellow member of our class in the Class Hall, and not everything tied to it so you had to go to Dalaran.

If a ship concept like you described it were in place, it would mean a significant part of gameplay would be spent cruising around on your own with no interaction whatsoever with other players, as you would have to be in your own phase, it would be absurd to see hundreds of other ships about.
    True and that makes it rather believable.

Ion is behind the wheel of all Garrison crap, he can't let go of his love child. He is one of those people who ignores everyone else's opinions and surrounds himself with yes-people. As someone said in other thread, Ion is so far up his own backside that its impressive.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Ion is behind the wheel of all Garrison crap, he can't let go of his love child. He is one of those people who ignores everyone else's opinions and surrounds himself with yes-people. As someone said in other thread, Ion is so far up his own backside that its impressive.
    You could say the same of literally everyone who has ever been in charge of WoW. Even GC. WoW has had an echo-chamber/yes-people culture since day 1, because Blizzard has that culture.

This is why features get released even when it's blindingly obvious what's going to go wrong with them, and how (c.f. original honor grind, initial implementation of arenas, RealID, etc. etc. etc.). If anything I feel like Ion and Blizzard have this problem less-badly now than previously. If anything, the popularity of class halls with most players may have increased the stock of this kind of element.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    I want to believe it, but level 77 as a starting level for a new class is such an odd number, especially if they have to catch up to level 110. Not saying it is ludicrous because Monks start at level 1, but it's still an odd number.
    If it were true, I was wondering if it was because it would insert new characters queuing as healers and tanks into the 80+ dungeon queues, which is where they are most needed. You'd do levels 77-80 in a starting zone, then perhaps the game would suggest you queue for dungeons? I mean, more likely it's just nonsense but...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah ok, can we stop with the armchair development commentary from people who obviously don't have a clue?

You do not know any of these people personally, you in fact have no clue how they work internally or who pushed for what, and frankly it's embarassing and prepubescent.

Critisize individual features or the overall development of a game all you want, but to project your misgivings on human beings you do not personally know, over processes you do not have any access to or knowledge of, is beyond ridiculous.

Back on topic: if the ships were as described, it would not be possible to have other players around, sharding or no sharding. The reason for that, besides the immersion-breaking factor, would be simple gameplay issues. You can't have 10 ships queueing up into the same treasure dive, or following the same race objective, clipping into each other or worse, colliding with each other. If such a system were implemented, it would necessarily be single player phases, and I don'T believe that's where they're taking the game any longer. Yes, there is a lot of single player content in Legion, but always under the philosophy of being connected to other players as well. Ship exploration goes directly against that concept and back to "sit in your garrison", which they have repeatedly stated was a mistake.

Back on topic: if the ships were as described, it would not be possible to have other players around, sharding or no sharding. The reason for that, besides the immersion-breaking factor, would be simple gameplay issues. You can't have 10 ships queueing up into the same treasure dive, or following the same race objective, clipping into each other or worse, colliding with each other. If such a system were implemented, it would necessarily be single player phases, and I don'T believe that's where they're taking the game any longer. Yes, there is a lot of single player content in Legion, but always under the philosophy of being connected to other players as well. Ship exploration goes directly against that concept and back to "sit in your garrison", which they have repeatedly stated was a mistake.
    Perhaps they believe that such an open world version of it will be advantageous? Perhaps somehow you will be able to invite friends to take part in these sea explorations? Though at that point you're basically just doing garrison invasions but with a prettier and more variable enviroment so probably not.

One of the big criticism was indeed that you sat in your garrison and let your followers do the work, but with a system like this where you're the one going out and doing things, that's obviously not the case, perhaps in their minds that makes it better than the garrison system? It'd still just be solo-content world quests, which seems to go against what world quests were supposed to be.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. It would be, in many ways, more believable if you were required or benefited from having other players running parts of your ship, rather than them being these completely solo deals.

Ironically, that would make them more similar to early implementations of ships in MMOs, like in DAoC, where a relatively small number of people owned "full-size" ships, and others just had little boats, and you wanted people do be in your ship/boat.

why the hell people are writing fake "leaks" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    Because it's both fun to come up with ideas as well as trying to play detective and find the real ones among all the crap.

What I find more fascinating are people that clearly took the time to enter these threads and read them (ergo are clearly interested), but then have nothing better to do but complain about people writing them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty excited about a bunch of points in this info

I think miffy23 is Kordoles. Because he defends this leak so hard and even makes stuff up to explain the errors in the leak

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    Most do it for attention, so they make some crap up, like giving "hints" instead of writing anything concrete. Those are pure garbage.

Then there are some, like this one, that are nicely laid out "leaks" that make sense. Its more fun to read than most threads. 90% of threads made on this forum are garbage, nicely laid out "leaks" beat garbage any time.

I'm skeptical about them, but don't dismiss right away because of some feature that "cannot possibly exist". After all, MoP leak also seemed like impossible, WoD time travel seemed like pure nonsense, but they appeared to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzerkas View Post
    I think miffy23 is Kordoles. Because he defends this leak so hard and even makes stuff up to explain the errors in the leak
    I actually tried to come up with my own fake but dismissed it because it frankly just sounded too similar to most existing ones.
    Honestly all of these are probably fake just because they contain nothing new, a point I've reached after discussing it for a while now. It's all too predictable. That doesn't mean it can't happen, but there's something new and original missing.

As far as me "defending" it, i'm simply playing devil's advocate to the most likely candidates. I enjoy the leak-hunt every expansion announcement season, and it's easy to counter people dismissing theories based on assumptions and patterns (ie "we've always had x, they'd never change it or add Y").

Because it's both fun to come up with ideas as well as trying to play detective and find the real ones among all the crap.

What I find more fascinating are people that clearly took the time to enter these threads and read them (ergo are clearly interested), but then have nothing better to do but complain about people writing them.
    Because people are posting lies to get attention...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Because people are posting lies to get attention...
    If you already know they are lies (for which nobody has any evidence until the announcement is made), why enter the threads at all.

If you already know they are lies (for which nobody has any evidence until the announcement is made), why enter the threads at all.
    You don't know it's a lie in till you read it, don't be salty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    You don't know it's a lie in till you read it, don't be salty.
    Lol i'm not the salty one, i'm the one having fun here.
    The salty people are the oddballs who hop in every other page just to complain for no apparent reason, it's highly amusing actually.

Leak the damn expansion before I piss meself

Deleted
    Sounds legit. Best parts are new scripting language and new level cap divided between patches. Bookmarked.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR would definitely never be taken out of the game. Blizzard would lose a huge chunk of subs that want to raid but don't have the time too.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by Vober View Post
    LFR would definitely never be taken out of the game. Blizzard would lose a huge chunk of subs that want to raid but don't have the time too.
    Does noone read? From the first page:
    Current LFR Queue | Raid difficulty
    * ---> | LFR
    * | Normal
    * | Heroic
    * | Mythic

Reworked LFR Queue | Raid difficulty
    * | LFR (this is removed from the game)
    * ---> | Normal (this is toned down a bit)
    * | Heroic (this is toned down a bit)
    * | Mythic (this is toned down a bit)
    * | Legacy
    You will be able to queue for a toned down version of normal, which in this case is just a slightly harder version of LFR.(AKA MoP LFR for example, atleast compared to how easy Legion is.) You can still queue for raiding on your one night off and not have to sit through the horrors of LFG as someone with low ilvl who doesn't play a lot.
    In turn, legacy gets added which is a raiding difficulty that's only available while the content is current, to add more of a reward to cutting edge and the like, it has leaderboards and everything. I'm assuming this is coming after all the talk of elite sets in PvP and how mythic sets and titles are still available after the tier giving cutting edge people no permanent reward.(Now that cutting edge titles aren't a thing.)

Deleted
    I want to believe it, but level 77 as a starting level for a new class is such an odd number, especially if they have to catch up to level 110. Not saying it is ludicrous because Monks start at level 1, but it's still an odd number.
    I agree, but they have their reason I guess.

And because the Undermine/Kezan is mentioned here, is there any news going around about updated models for Goblins and Worgen in 8.0?
    No idea, but the Goblin king, whatever his name is, did get an update in Legion, yeah? This might be a hint we'll get updated models.

I agree with what you say and I can't other than speculate different theories as well. I really just hope it's not Single Player.

Indeed. It would be, in many ways, more believable if you were required or benefited from having other players running parts of your ship, rather than them being these completely solo deals.

Ironically, that would make them more similar to early implementations of ships in MMOs, like in DAoC, where a relatively small number of people owned "full-size" ships, and others just had little boats, and you wanted people do be in your ship/boat.
    Doubt Blizzard ever will force a player to actually play with other players nowadays. A lot of players like the Single Player aspect. WoW is single player mmo lol.

We'll just have to wait until I get more details and hopefully it will include more stuff about the player ship mechanic.
    Next week or even tomorrow maybe, my source didn't know.