Poll: Do you want faster fly speed?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How about a tp to quest area? As a mage I'm surprised it's not a thing yet. Nor why portals are still only one-way

But yea carrot-on-a-stick is sorely missed.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How so? New content happens these days without flying and raids are no fly zones (apart from no boss dying faster because you fly at 500%)

So what content is consumed faster - or rather...what content would you now be consuming faster? Levelling an alt?
    You do things faster, you log out faster. Very simple logic there. They want players to spend/waste more time ingame doing stuff. That's the purpose of gating and the initial no-flying and no flying in argus. To prolong the consumption of current content. Yeah and with faster flying like 500% alt-leveling would be faster naturally.

Back in my day you started with 60% flying speed. That was brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    all fly paths are most definitly faster in broken isles, maybe not in the older world
    Pound for pound, even though player mounts fly slower you save time because flight paths take a scenic route, even the faster flight routes in WoD and Legion. You also save time being able to fly right to your target destination rather than needing to mount up and navigate the bad terrain design by foot/hoof/wheel/etc., which was true as far back as BC when it was a choice between 60% flying and 100% ground mounts (you'd think on paper the 100% mount would be faster but you save time overall flying since you aren't slowed down by navigating terrain).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Since blizzard is making it easier and easier for everyone to do things. Shouldn't it finally be time to speed up flying?
    310% is quite slow if you wanna go somewhere. It's time they added a new fly speed. I was thinking about 500%.
    This way you can go to the zone you want to in quite a fast speed.

What do you think? It's time to make us fly even faster!
    LOLOLOL Blizz already wants to remove this from the game. 1/2 the community doesn't like flying. For them to double down on it is hysterical. That would render flight paths 100% useless, Blizzard would have a brain aneurysm. If I were you, I would put exactly ZERO eggs into this basket, Place no bets, don't even inhale deeply before you try to hold your breathe because there is no end to this tunnel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I can't think of any continent where 320% speed flight felt insufficient for getting across the continent with the sole exception of, say, trying to get from Darnassus to Ahn'Qiraj for a transmog run. That one example of flight taking longer than I'd like does not mean an additional boost is needed--in fact, I'd argue that 500% would make it entirely too easy to overshoot my target unless I'm focused entirely on my minimap rather than doing what I usually do while flying (take in the scenery, chitchat in General or in Guild, whisper friends, sort my bags, play Bejeweled on my other monitor).
    Kalimdor archeology. Thats all i have to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Going 320% is more than fast enough, the game isn't meant to be a race.
    You might wanna tell that to the current player base. You know the guys that take a week or 2 off work (or don't have jobs to begin with) when a patch or xpac drops. Then they are here on the forums a week later complaining about the lack of content, because they've powered through it all.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    This......

They've already said they regret adding it. No way it gets faster.
    And this is exactly what is wrong with you and Blizzard's mentality. They 'say' they regret adding it, but they really do not go into 'why'. And when you try to press them for such answers, they start to tell you how flying has affected questing (Which is wrong, because their quest design and structure hasn't changed since Vanilla, that structure being 3+ quests, one to kill 10+ randos, one to gather 10+ rando items and one to kill big bad boss. They only ever use the representation of "you can use flying to just fly up to the big bad boss and skip everything" forgetting the fact that the other two quests exist and need to be completed to progress with or without flying.) And how flying has affected world pvp (which is also wrong because WPvP on the whole has been dying especially since Legion and their utterly unbearable attempts at 'class balance'.) and how the players don't get to see the beautiful terrain (Which is verifiable bullshit, because every fucking zone in Legion looks infinitely better from the air INCLUDING ARGUS) and how it just generally nettles their jimmies because they don't like terrain short cuts.

And I will repeat from another thread. If a game company is so obsessed with the amount of time it takes for you to traverse imaginary pixels they made purely for the sake of making it take longer to travel from point A to B instead of being more worried about the content of their quests or the balance of their game, that is not a game that should be supported, by anyone.

On topic: 500% flying is a great idea. I've experienced it before using methods and it would feel rather nice for a meta-meta achievement for getting over 20,000 achievement points and completing X requirements from each new expansion to unlock it there.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-10-27 at 03:24 PM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by T3ramos View Post
    blizz already hate flying because you skip landscape/content/whatever. and you want it even faster? never gonna happen
    Well if they didn't make every fucking landscape a maze of cliffs and paths that double back on themselves, I wouldn't care about being to fly over it so much.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Back in my day you started with 60% flying speed. That was brutal.
    I'm fine with 60% if they'd just let me use a flying mount on Argus.

E: The ability to get out of a pinch after corpse running or get back to familiar surroundings without a train of mobs at your heels that dismount/daze is all flying advocates want from it. If people use it for shortcuts maybe the game could use some tuning in regards to leveling as a whole from 1 to max. If taking the time to slay your way to the objective isn't necessary for the xp alone then perhaps reevaluate the xp rewarded and needed to level.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-10-27 at 03:30 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I actually think this makes sense - with all the fast travel things that are in Legion (the whistle and the transporters on Argus), faster travel would be getting closer to that kind of design, and would mostly be used for outdated content, so why not? They don't want to get rid of flying, they seem to have no problem letting you use it on "outdated" content. That's like saying they want old world bosses to hit just as hard as current ones...they've said they have no problem with outdated content being easier.

The only downside to this is that you can't say the world is getting bigger because the old world continents aren't getting "bigger" where you can directly fly from EK to Warlords Draenor or anything, where 500% speed would help you get there faster.

But sure, if it shaves a minute or two off of my commutes around the BI, sure...500% isn't a lot more, and I agree with whoever said bringing back mount speed trinkets and food would be a nice way to do that too.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyCheerio View Post
    1/2 the community doesn't like flying.
    Not really. More like 5% (maybe 10%). But they are very vocal making their vocal minority appear bigger than it is.

How do I know this? Because in WoD before they announced "no flying" there was split representation of pro-flyers vs anti-flyers. When they announced there would be no flying in WoD the forums exploded.

Sure, forget the zones, forget the artwork and absolutely forget any chance of encountering mobs or even other players. Who needs that crap right? Ain't nobody got time for that! Let's just have it so you click on a map and *poof* you are there. You know, like on Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post

And I will repeat from another thread. If a game company is so obsessed with the amount of time it takes for you to traverse imaginary pixels they made purely for the sake of making it take longer to travel from point A to B instead of being more worried about the content of their quests or the balance of their game, that is not a game that should be supported, by anyone.
    Who are you to say what people should want to support? Do your thing and let people enjoy what they want. If you don't like it, fine, but don't act like it shouldn't exist because of your "video game business principles" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Kalimdor archeology. Thats all i have to say.
    Archaeology in fucking general, honestly. EK isn't exactly a walk in the park either.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyCheerio View Post
    LOLOLOL Blizz already wants to remove this from the game. 1/2 the community doesn't like flying. For them to double down on it is hysterical. That would render flight paths 100% useless, Blizzard would have a brain aneurysm. If I were you, I would put exactly ZERO eggs into this basket, Place no bets, don't even inhale deeply before you try to hold your breathe because there is no end to this tunnel.
    Pretty sure only 0,1% doesnt like flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

7+ Year Old Account
    Faster faster faster.... NO!!! world of warcraft need to slow down and become more chill.....

REMOVE FLYING... there is no need for it, just look at WOD and legion, you could play it and it was alot of fun, then we got flying... and it all turns out to a Helicopter Simulator...
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

I think flying caps at 310 because of loading issues actually.

Also I don't think they want to remove flight, seems to me like they are pretty happy with the happy medium they've come to where you earn flight halfway through an expansion when they just want to retain players and content has gotten a bit old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Who are you to say what people should want to support? Do your thing and let people enjoy what they want. If you don't like it, fine, but don't act like it shouldn't exist because of your "video game business principles" lol
    It's not my video game business principles. It's this thought that removing it was honestly better for the game, which is verifiable bullshit and I explained why it was. If it was simply that I didn't like it, it -would- be fine. It's because I don't like the way they handled, continue to handle and plan to handle it, how it is negatively impacting the way I enjoy playing the game and their entire mindset is the root cause of this problem.

I'm sorry you take systematic mindset problems in video game corporations with a grain of salt, lol, but I will be critical of Blizzard's shit and I will tell people that when they are being lying cuntwaffles, they are. Sorry this mildly offends your blizzardism and your corporation worship bandwagon.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-10-27 at 03:31 PM.

Don't think the game can handle that speed.
    You'd DC like when you use the DH charge and things such as that.

Also don't really see the point. The current speed seems just right.