Deleted

Dutch startup seeks to train crows to pick up and collect cigarette butts.

The concept is that they teach crows to collect cigarette butts (and nothing else) and bring these to a "crowbar". There they receive a little bit of food as a reward for dropping it in the funnel. Interesting idea, if it works!

You can read more about this on their website, which is in English:

http://www.crowdedcities.com/"

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The concept is that they teach crows to collect cigarette butts (and nothing else) and bring these to a "crowbar". There they receive a little bit of food as a reward for dropping it in the funnel. Interesting idea, if it works!

You can read more about this on their website, which is in English:

http://www.crowdedcities.com/"

Then there won't be anymore butts on the ground and the birds will attack people smoking to grab the cigarettes right off their mouths and people will panic and scream and Hitchcock will come back saying "I knew it".

The end.

Should train the crows to beak the head of those nasty smokers who dump their cigarette butts on the ground.

Or maybe cigarette smokers should just stop being assholes and dispose of their cigarette butts properly.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Then there won't be anymore butts on the ground and the birds will attack people smoking to grab the cigarettes right off their mouths and people will panic and scream and Hitchcock will come back saying "I knew it".

The end.
    Seems like an effective measure to get people to stop smoking.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

The end.
    A few crow attacks might help people to stop smocking sounds like a win win to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Seems like an effective measure to get people to stop smoking.
    So maybe this is the true goal of this startup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Should train the crows to beak the head of those nasty smokers who dump their cigarette butts on the ground.
    Should go a step further and train the crows to peck the eyes out of the people who run the tobacco companies.

Now this is a very nice and creative idea!

Deleted

The end.
    I remember standing on the ferry to one of our islands when I was in puberty, top deck, throwing potatoe chips at people on the lower decks so giant seagulls would divebomb on them.

The screams... sometimes I still hear them.

That's a pretty good idea. I wonder if the crows will learn to game the machine and start bringing it rocks and twigs?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not likely to happen.
    yeah you're right.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I wonder if they can make it squirrel proof.