Bloodbath (Fury) HELP - Resolved

Bloodbath (Level 90, Fury)
    For 10 sec, your melee attacks and abilities cause the target to bleed for 40% additional damage over 6 sec.
    -Trinkets and Use items are exempt from this.

Just looking for some Theorycrafting Help here with number crunching on different parsers.

Personally using Skada to parse my numbers and things are not adding up. Quick google searches did not turn up any discussions about this and wowhead is outdated, especially in the discussion area.

What I am seeing is 40% of the 40% we are supposed to be getting. Aka approx 16% (15.58%) instead of 40% listed in the skill description.

Can I get some others to verify as well, please?
    Last edited by Deathpony; 2017-10-28 at 06:21 PM.

How about posting your numbers first off.

On Level 110 Target Dummy

Total Damage All Sources (including all on-use items) = 25,172,658

Melee+Abilities Breakdown:
    Odyn's Fury (5,063,534)
    Rampage (3,650,451)
    Odyn's Glory (1,642,599)
    Blood Thirst (1,398,744)
    Attack (825,067)
    Chaotic Darkness (109,291)
    Charge (42,806)

Total Damage from Melee+Abilities = 12,732,492

Total Bloodbath Damage = 1,983,785

40% of 12,732,492 = 5,092,996.8 != 1,983,785

1,983,785 is 38.95% of 5,092,996.8
    1,983,785 is 15.58% of 12,732,492

Honestly, it looks like it's doing the "40%" twice.

After doing a bit of testing, I can say the following:
    It does correctly do 40% additional damage as the tooltip states. Combat ending prematurely while its still ticking on the dummy can cause it to show lesser numbers. Use a tanking dummy to keep you in combat for accurate results. However...

Bloodbath does not trigger from the crucible trait Secure in the Light. Most likely won't benefit from any of the crucible procs. This also applies to mark of the hidden satyr and potions of the old war.
    It does not gain damage from charge, but it does from heroic throw.
    It does not gain damage from Odyns glory or Helya's scorn, only the base odyn's fury and its corresponding dot.
    The damage does not double dip from battle cry, enrage, unrivaled strength, avatar, versatility procs, or really any buff.
    Last edited by Anuibus; 2017-10-28 at 03:48 AM.

There are a number of things that Bloodbath ignores, such as:

• Death and Glory
    • Charge
    • Crucible Traits (Chaotic Darkness)
    • Enchants (Hidden Satyr)
    • Slaughter (T21 2p)

and other non-native sources of damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    The damage does not double dip from battle cry, enrage, unrivaled strength, avatar, versatility procs, or really any buff.
    It doesn't double dip, but the triggering attack benefits from them, which trickles down into Bloodbath.

Some of my testing is flawed. The Charge and Bloodthirst damage should not be included, as these were activated before Bloodbath.

I'll have to look at the actual combat log to get more specific numbers, but that would definitely blow if only the initial burst of Odyn's Fury is being augmented by Bloodbath.

Technically you're contradicting yourself Anuibus when you say yeah it's doing 40% of skills and then list a skill or two that isn't affected. lol

Honestly the skill, outside of gimmicks, is very underwhelming. Just wasn't sure if I had found something obvious or not. Still think the dev's should look into it if it is so easy to find skills not being affected. Seriously? Heroic Throw but not charge?

/facepalm

Anywho, thanks guys.

I mean charge does fuckall damage who cares. The whole row just sucks because IR exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpony View Post
    Technically you're contradicting yourself Anuibus when you say yeah it's doing 40% of skills and then list a skill or two that isn't affected. lol
    Of every skill it works with, it does 40% additional damage. not the 16% you think you're getting. As for charge and odyns fury/helyas scorn not working, well those were added in patches later and blizzard forgot to spaghetti them in. i guess.