Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Do I sense a Mary and Lucifer relationship?
    Oh god, please no.

Do I sense a Mary and Lucifer relationship?
    I hope we get as little of Mary as possible.

The actress doesn't pull off a believable "Badass hunter mom" type at all.

I’m with you on that one. I really dislike Mary.
    Yeah. If the show gets renewed for another season Idk if i'll watch it with her running around and Castiel and Crowley gone.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m pretty positive Cas will return. Not so sure about Crowley. I could be wrong, but didn’t the actor say he was done with the series, or that this season would be his last?
    Crowley and Cas have both lasted longer than any other character on the show, save the obvious two. they had run out of storyline for Crowley I think anyway; he had definitely run out of steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

She was never that badass. She was a regular Hunter, like any of the others we've seen. It's the Winchester boys that broke that mold, themselves. If you're expecting her to be as badass as her sons, you should be disappointed, but she's more comparable to the likes of Bobby, or Ellen and Jo Harvelle. Can take out some vamps, but don't expect them to go toe-to-toe with anything really serious and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    She was never that badass. She was a regular Hunter, like any of the others we've seen. It's the Winchester boys that broke that mold, themselves. If you're expecting her to be as badass as her sons, you should be disappointed, but she's more comparable to the likes of Bobby, or Ellen and Jo Harvelle. Can take out some vamps, but don't expect them to go toe-to-toe with anything really serious and walk away.
    Nah they defiantly buffed up Mary because of the fact shes mom to the two greatest hunters in the supernatural universe.

Cant have the tree branch being too low to the ground with that kind of lineage.

Bobby, Ellen etc would never run off solo to kill vampire nests and act like it was just another thursday which is what Mary did.

Also I have no idea what that storyline was with her the and the Men of letters having sexy time. Legit weird in hindsight.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-10-22 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Its tough because shes with Lucifer right now. I want lots of Lucifer but then I have to suffer through Mary.

Cas is fucking back!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Crowley and Cas have both lasted longer than any other character on the show, save the obvious two. they had run out of storyline for Crowley I think anyway; he had definitely run out of steam.
    I believe the decision to retire the character was on request from the actor, not because they had run out of things to do with it. Heck if that was a concern on this show, they'd have retired the MAIN characters by about season 6 or so.

Sad to see Crowley gone, of course, but I understand that actors aren't always interested in committing to much time to a single project. Long-running serials aren't for everyone, and Mark Sheppard deserves more than a supporting character - not matter how good of a character it is.

I'm honestly not sure where I stand on the new season, especially since Lucifer is STILL around and he is my least favorite recurring character in the entire show. I suppose it's not that easy to just do away with the Prime Evil for universe reasons, but... meh. And Mary is right there with him as another piss-poor recurring, I hope they die in a fire. Literally.

Castiel coming back was no surprise to anyone considering we'd have heard about a retirement of the character long ago if it were to have happened (see Crowley). And we do need an Angel on the team, kinda. I bet there's just going to be some contrived scenario to resurrect him through Jack, same old.

The monster of the week type episodes this season have been pretty damn good.

characters in the episode dont feel like random red shirts waiting to be killed. They actually set them up well so you get more emotionally attached to the characters.

Like even the fabled season 1-5 didnt have mothers seeing their sons corpses etc, it would be in the background more out of focus.

The pictures of the masks were cool but felt like a strangers thing rip off with a kid drawing the monster lol

Not sold totally on the main arc story line but have been impressed with the production quality so interested where they go with it. Like wtf was up with that entity cas met in the void

Deleted
    Plus DEATH is back (with a Twist)

Damn, I want Crowley back

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    What storyline would you suggest with the character. Hes run his course

If I remember correctly, Crowley was not wanting arrmageddon or similar things. He just want to do business. So he is better candidate for King of hell. Well they introduced asmedeous?. And that guy planning bad things (like a demon ofc.) So Crowley can check hell and demon in line.

PS: sorry for bad English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Plus DEATH is back (with a Twist)
    Honestly, New Death is a fucking AMAZING development. When they opened that episode, I assumed they were going to go an entirely different route, but they're actually advancing their own mythology in pretty serious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    Seems like a good time for a reminder that there's apparently oodles of other realities. I don't know if the actor's done with the show, but if he isn't, they're basically a 5-minute plot thread away from bringing him back at any moment. While making whatever character changes they want to, to give him a new path to follow (since old Crowley's story, as mentioned, ran its course).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Seems like a good time for a reminder that there's apparently oodles of other realities. I don't know if the actor's done with the show, but if he isn't, they're basically a 5-minute plot thread away from bringing him back at any moment. While making whatever character changes they want to, to give him a new path to follow (since old Crowley's story, as mentioned, ran its course).
    as much as I liked to have crowley back, Mark A. Sheppard said hes done with Supernatural :/

Crowley was going the bromance with dean route which is already taken by cas.

He"ll be remembered as one of the best supporting characters. I like him a lot more than bobby for example, the clever cross roads demon with a background in magic which helped him bat above his weight was great.

Same with the arch angel garbriel hiding as the trickster. Very clever and unique writing using existing lore

10+ Year Old Account
    The character ran its course once he started being more friendly with Sam and Dean, imo. They needed to have more tension and hate with hell, and they weren’t getting that with Crowley being in charge. He hasn’t been the antagonist for some time now, which made hell more friendly than it should have been.
    To be fair, that was Crowley's path to redemption. He wasn't an effective King of Hell for that very reason, and there were plenty of episodes where they showed his underlings chafing about it, but being too powerless to seize power from him.

Crowley wasn't Palpatine, he was Vader.

Keep in mind Crowley could easily come back if either A. Mark Sheppard wanted to return or B. The writers wanted him back and just put him in a new meat suit like they did with Lucifer. While it wouldn't be the same it could still be good a way to bring the character back if they really wanted to. Personally I'd only really be happy with Mark playing him, as I'm sure most fans would, the same as Mark Pellegrino is Lucifer, the others felt a bit off in comparison.

As for Cas coming back, I'm glad they did it a different way instead of using Jack. It would have been too obvious and this way it keeps a lid on what Jack is really capable of. It also introduced a new omnipotent being that could always be used later. The scene with him talking about sleep was both tense and hilarious. So far this latest season has been brilliant, the writing is good, the characters are interesting and the story has taken a nice direction into something totally new and unseen before in Supernatural.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    As for Cas coming back, I'm glad they did it a different way instead of using Jack. It would have been too obvious and this way it keeps a lid on what Jack is really capable of. It also introduced a new omnipotent being that could always be used later. The scene with him talking about sleep was both tense and hilarious. So far this latest season has been brilliant, the writing is good, the characters are interesting and the story has taken a nice direction into something totally new and unseen before in Supernatural.
    Have you not watched the last episodes? Cas is back because of Jack!
    Who do you think woke Castiel up? correct, Jack did that!
    The celestial beeing just was annoyed by Cas being awake so he kicked him out as there was nothing else it could do.

(PS: afaik when a thread has spoilers in the title you dont need to use spoiler-tags)