Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Why, because i dont have 30 million empty achivements? i played this game the day it was released. dont sit there and smirk like you know it all because you've played on a vanilla private server, you little tard.
    wotlk private server not vanilla.

your feats of strength are lacking. oldest one is wow anniversary from 2012.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    wotlk private server not vanilla.

your feats of strength are lacking. oldest one is wow anniversary from 2012.
    08 bud, when acheivements where introduced to the game.

08 bud, when acheivements where introduced to the game.
    im not seeing any 08 feats of strength...

Deleted
    im not seeing any 08 feats of strength...
    Do achievements matter? I played the game the day it was released, im 29 years old, why would i sit and lie about playing a game i used to love?

I guess your one of those people who sit there and stroke there chin over how many "achievement points" they have and they are a superior player type of guys.

my achievement is playing the game the day it was released, and that's the only achievement that counts.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2017-10-28 at 09:10 AM.

does achievements matter? i played the game the day it was released, im 29 years old, why would i sit and lie about playing a game i used to love?
    just saying its rly easy to check esp when u brag about being a hunter making pvp videos

Deleted
    I would certainly give legacy a look, maybe even a sub. I've been playing Hearthstone more recently anyway and HotS, as well as LoL but that's not a Blizz game. But I'd certainly give legacy WoW a look.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the real question is: Would you keep playing them?

I think everyone would try them. Why not? It'd be awesome to visit a time in WoW you've never seen if you weren't around to see it and it'd be awesome to go back to that time if you were. It'd be nostalgia overload for sure.

But how many would keep playing and does Blizzard even want that? They employ people to make new content and to keep progressing the current game. What if they became immensely popular? What are they going to do with their current content and the teams they employ to make that content? It could throw things way out of whack.

And what if they just fizzled out? Then that's a TON of time and effort put into something that didn't last long and could've been put towards the current game.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I think the real question is: Would you keep playing them?

I think everyone would try them. Why not? It'd be awesome to visit a time in WoW you've never seen if you weren't around to see it and it'd be awesome to go back to that time if you were. It'd be nostalgia overload for sure.

But how many would keep playing and does Blizzard even want that? They employ people to make new content and to keep progressing the current game. What if they became immensely popular? What are they going to do with their current content and the teams they employ to make that content? It could throw things way out of whack.

And what if they just fizzled out? Then that's a TON of time and effort put into something that didn't last long and could've been put towards the current game.
    it isnt time and effort tho cuz they have 1 or 2 servers for each final patch. its not any development work, just server rollbacks people already do in their basements.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Oh noez big scary elite mobs in my quest area whatever shall I do. If only there was a group finder with 50 groups up at a time that ports you to another server and loses all of the mobs chasing you upon joining one.
    Again, I said I watch people suck and die, I can handle myself just fine. Besides, I'm not the one being intimidated by Vanilla mobs, ooh sooo scary!

- - - Updated - - -

just saying its rly easy to check esp when u brag about being a hunter making pvp videos
    Hah that is pretty funny. Now I question his "I played in Vanilla"statements too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Again, I said I watch people suck and die, I can handle myself just fine. Besides, I'm not the one being intimidated by Vanilla mobs, ooh sooo scary!
    You're cute. getting to the Redriidge inn would be problematic for you.

Heck murlocks outside of SW would eat you alive ... really.

Hogger? He'd be a 3 or 4 person dungeon boss.

Someday you MIGHT make it alll the way past, oh the blackrock toilet key, to poke around. (do you still have your seal of ascenion there pro?

Let's flash back to when getting to 40? and spending gold you didn't have, as no one was raiding to least of all pay for fire resist pots to get your slow mount... ok you hit 55 maybe EPL or if venturing and could find it, Silithuis

My point is the game moved ALOT slower, and felt rewarding.

99% of you would't even play. COD FPS kiddies, ( anyone remember the term "Wrath Babies" ? ) we screamed that they were the end....

The game was cool and rewarding, OH, and it involved people on your server, who you needed and got to know. How many do you know? I don't mean in guild... I'm talking spec, playerskill, and in part admiration of gear and level of exploration.

are you keyed?

Deleted
    Heard that vocal individuals from the legacy movement have been sending threats and harassed those whom doesn't agree with them. Therefore, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    You're cute. getting to the Redriidge inn would be problematic for you.

Heck murlocks outside of SW would eat you alive ... really.

Hogger? He'd be a 3 or 4 person dungeon boss.

Someday you MIGHT make it alll the way past, oh the blackrock toilet key, to poke around. (do you still have your seal of ascenion there pro?

Let's flash back to when getting to 40? and spending gold you didn't have, as no one was raiding to least of all pay for fire resist pots to get your slow mount... ok you hit 55 maybe EPL or if venturing and could find it, Silithuis

My point is the game moved ALOT slower, and felt rewarding.

99% of you would't even play. COD FPS kiddies, ( anyone remember the term "Wrath Babies" ? ) we screamed that they were the end....

The game was cool and rewarding, OH, and it involved people on your server, who you needed and got to know. How many do you know? I don't mean in guild... I'm talking spec, playerskill, and in part admiration of gear and level of exploration.

are you keyed?
    Let's take this step by step.

You mean the whole Redridge area with the elite mobs we'd farm in small groups? Oh sooo intense! It is as if there weren't easy roads to run on to get to your next place and if you pulled aggro you just..kept running and the mob reset. So scary. Or you know since I was a hunter on day 1 Vanilla I'd just send my pet on a mob I wanted to skip past.

Hogger was just an early meme in Vanilla, sure he'd murder stupid solo players and I'm sure many a player ran up against it once. But once you knew what it was and what elites were...the magic was gone.

Lol, piss easy dungeons and raids in early Vanilla were NOTHING compared to raids in EverQuest so I handled myself just fine. Give me a break.

Or I dunno, I just got an epic staff to drop on my first character and sold it for a nice chunk of change to help fund most of my mount cost. I also figured out early that you could make plenty of money on the AH and even professions like enchanting had a positive silver generation by making wands and selling them on the AH or even just flat out vendoring them for more than the mats cost. Rinse. Repeat. Welcome to money.

The game was slow, and got boring quickly. After being one of the first ones to level cap on my realm I got bored because not enough people were able to do end game dungeons so I had to wait around. I killed some time back in EQ until the community mostly caught up.

Of course 99% of people prolly wouldn't play Vanilla because the game is fucking 13 years old.

The game was fine for its time but games like this tend to evolve and not always in directions everyone will like. Even EverQuest had some real duds of expansions. Also the 'getting to know' people on your realm was one of the things that was NOT TRUE for every realm. On some realms that were stupidly crowded it was far too easy for people to get away with being ninja looters, bad players and general asshats. On a smaller realm it was easier to find those people and avoid them.

And what do you want as proof of a badge of honor that I've been around since Vanilla? Many things that were done in Vanilla didn't transport over to the Achievement system. I still have my Drakefire Amulet, but I believe you could get those well after Vanilla was over. I had many of the old Vanilla PvP titles from doing battlegrounds but I think they converted that system over in later expansions and changed the achievements for Rated BGs. So fuck if I know what to show you.

What softens my heart are the poll results. Because you know, EVERYONE pro Legacy jumps on the bandwagon any chance they get. Looks like there are about 550 on MMOC, which is the biggest WoW hub outside BNet. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt I'd play them very much, even though I had many times more fun in Vanilla through WotLK (for different reasons in each - Vanilla for its newness and less focus on perfect balance, TBC for its raids, PVP and difficulty, and WotLK for its sublime world and lore).

I just keep hoping, each expansion, that they'll remember what makes MMOs fun long-term - not instant gratification, or slot machines, or layered RNG, but interesting mechanics, class synergy (i.e not every spec within each archetype having basically the exact same kit), interaction and rewards through persistence.

They never remember.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Personally I love Legion, but let's face it, the game has become a lot more cookie cutter with each and every year...

What do you think? Would you play on official vanilla legacy servers if they announced them at Blizzcon?
    No. Vanilla wasn't actually good. Horrible mechanics, abysmal gear optimization, ridiculously unbalanced PVP and everything, literally everything, was a grindy slog. The only thing that made vanilla good was the player community, which wasn't a blob of pure cancer at that point.

TBC is the only expansion for which I would even begin to consider playing legacy servers.

Maybe if you were a totally new player I could see the appeal.
    Seen and done it all before. Plus I've grown up so I would look at the vanilla game differently now than when I first played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's take this step by step.

You mean the whole Redridge area with the elite mobs we'd farm in small groups? Oh sooo intense! It is as if there weren't easy roads to run on to get to your next place and if you pulled aggro you just..kept running and the mob reset. So scary. Or you know since I was a hunter on day 1 Vanilla I'd just send my pet on a mob I wanted to skip past.
    IIRC redridge had all gnolls enemies as elites, or at least some of them. They were the kind of "weak elite" mobs and could be easily soloed. If you pull two of them - that's kinda a problem, but you always could evade them. People who died to them are either overestimated their own power (i have 300 hp and they hit for 40, sure i can handle two of them without healing and/or pots) or were doing it for the first time...

Hogger was just an early meme in Vanilla, sure he'd murder stupid solo players and I'm sure many a player ran up against it once. But once you knew what it was and what elites were...the magic was gone.
    Hogger killed level 10 players who wanted to do level 16 quest, that's it

Lol, piss easy dungeons and raids in early Vanilla were NOTHING compared to raids in EverQuest so I handled myself just fine. Give me a break.
    dunno about EQ but most "hard" part from vanilla dungeons came from community - people not knowing what the fuck to do and where to go. And not realizing what aggro range is, Also "what voidwalker?".

Or I dunno, I just got an epic staff to drop on my first character and sold it for a nice chunk of change to help fund most of my mount cost. I also figured out early that you could make plenty of money on the AH and even professions like enchanting had a positive silver generation by making wands and selling them on the AH or even just flat out vendoring them for more than the mats cost. Rinse. Repeat. Welcome to money.
    I've got my first epic off AH and was disappointed because i grew out of it in 10 levels. Things didn't change much except 10 levels being much shorter.

The game was slow, and got boring quickly. After being one of the first ones to level cap on my realm I got bored because not enough people were able to do end game dungeons so I had to wait around. I killed some time back in EQ until the community mostly caught up.
    Yeah, in early vanilla 60s didn't had much to do but pwn lowbies or leveling new character (which for some was an offputting thought of suffering through tedium once again)

The game was fine for its time but games like this tend to evolve and not always in directions everyone will like. Even EverQuest had some real duds of expansions. Also the 'getting to know' people on your realm was one of the things that was NOT TRUE for every realm. On some realms that were stupidly crowded it was far too easy for people to get away with being ninja looters, bad players and general asshats. On a smaller realm it was easier to find those people and avoid them.
    Yeah, people always bring this up, but not always were the same and some guilds could be described as... unfair for majority of the guild, but since there was no much options but "create your own guild" people kept raiding onixia getting nothing off it just to get points which were always not enough to buy drops off "guild-elite" players.
    And what do you want as proof of a badge of honor that I've been around since Vanilla? Many things that were done in Vanilla didn't transport over to the Achievement system. I still have my Drakefire Amulet, but I believe you could get those well after Vanilla was over. I had many of the old Vanilla PvP titles from doing battlegrounds but I think they converted that system over in later expansions and changed the achievements for Rated BGs. So fuck if I know what to show you.
    Honestly i can't prove it either, because as soon as blizzard announced russian servers i just abandoned my account. Back then i didn't even realize that wow will hold for that long and will keep entertaining me
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Vanilla was already half-trash back then, but a BC or a WOTLK server I wouldn't mind at probably creat a character there.

As Blizzcon draws closer, I find that I'm both anxious and excited. Excited at the prospect of a pro-legacy announcement, and the idea of playing again. And anxious because, well, why wouldn't I be? I feel as though this is the closest we've been to actually having legacy realized. It's been a long road. If Blizzcon closes without an announcement, I'll be really disappointed. Not surprised, but honestly very disappointed.

Well, as opposed to the ole' wall-o-no, we've seen commentaries stating that "It's something that we talk about", "want to do", "should be done". Last year, Mr. Brack addressed the issue with "nothing until after the show". So ok...it's a year later. So...I'm hopeful. Really, it's just mho. I guess we'll see.