Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xabaras View Post
    Is a blatant fake. I mean guys, more coffee in the morning please... Lightforge dran and coid elves, 2 races with core features of what will come in the same side? Are you blind?
    Considering how they treated the Horde for the last 3 expansions it wouldn't surprise me.

Give me undead subrace found in Eversong Woods.

I will race change my main (first character I ever rolled, my permanent main) from Forsaken to Undead Elf the instant it's available. In my head that's what I've considered him as for a long time now.

Well, assuming it's a subrace for Forsaken and not Belf. But it just has to be for Forsaken, as that's clearly the prominent subrace for them (that and something in between human and forsaken)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    High Elves are practically already in the game, you can play them now. You pick Blood Elf under the Horde Banner. Been there since TBC.
    The High elves in the Alliance don't share the same traditions, morals and ethics of the Blood elves. They are now culturally very different.

Deleted
    My guess is: These new skins will have a small random drop chance from loot boxes that are sold through the cash shop.
    Because Blizzard thinks random micro transaction shit is cool

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    The High elves in the Alliance don't share the same traditions, morals and ethics of the Blood elves. They are now culturally very different.
    Yeah, they're a lot more boring.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9MWalNMC4o

If they aren't planned to be playable, why would they have customization options and ingame labels?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    My guess is: These new skins will have a small random drop chance from loot boxes that are sold through the cash shop.
    Oh yeah, because WoW has had so many lootboxes before....

Oh wait.... Stop posting bullshit just because you're salty about cosmetic lootboxes.

Subraces will not be a paid cosmetic, thats a shitstorm Blizzard doesnt want or need for their one game with a sub fee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Oh yeah, because WoW has had so many lootboxes before....

Oh wait.... Stop posting bullshit just because you're salty about cosmetic lootboxes.

Subraces will not be a paid cosmetic, thats a shitstorm Blizzard doesnt want or need for their one game with a sub fee.
    Sure - we'll see :-)

Deleted
    Sure - we'll see :-)
    Put your money where your mouth is and toxx clause it. if you're certain in your smugness then you have nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by bearlolzx View Post
    rofl subraces

the boredom of m+ and the pvp scene is what needs change
    how are those 2 even related to each other ? One is handled by the art team and the other is gameplay related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    and you have pandarens that look exactly the same on A and H. dont see a problem with high elves
    You could argue what it actually achieves.
    There isn't trying to be a distinction between horde and alliance pandaren, yet there is meant to be one between the elves.
    Personally I see that as a big problem when that distinction is very minimal and hard to spot.
    While I disagree with the need, IF they are coming they should in my opinion be more visually distinct otherwise it is rather a waste.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-10-28 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9MWalNMC4o

If they aren't planned to be playable, why would they have customization options and ingame labels?
    Because the Lightforged NPCs also have different customization options. I'm not saying they won't end up playable, just to not take this as 1:1 proof.

If people had to get them through lootboxes, then say.. Pay for a race change to be able to play as one, Blizzard would make themselves extremely unpopular. Doubt they'd do that, but we'll see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Because the Lightforged NPCs also have different customization options. I'm not saying they won't end up playable, just to not take this as 1:1 proof.
    Ah, yeah I suppose that makes sense. I just found it strange that those customization options worked seemlessly on the player UI of character creation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Put your money where your mouth is and toxx clause it. if you're certain in your smugness then you have nothing to worry about.
    Stop being so retarded. I'm just as sure as the guy telling it's never going to happen. Of course no one knows - until they reveal all the features at Blizcon.
    But looking at the shitty RNG features and lootbox bonanza they've introduced in their other titles, I wouldn't put it past them. They're greedy as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    If people had to get them through lootboxes, then say.. Pay for a race change to be able to play as one, Blizzard would make themselves extremely unpopular. Doubt they'd do that, but we'll see.
    I'm really hoping they're not that greedy, but looking at the current trends and what they've introduced for other games, I'm fearing for the worst.
    Hoping there's still some sanity at the wheel somewhere at ATVI (lolled as I wrote that).

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    it be fun to see only couple sub races, not for all (lazzy blizzard)

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Because they're literally borderline extinct. They are not there Lorewise, that's the thing.

All of the rest are, you've got it...

Blood Elves.
    While I don't like your arrogant tone and am personally a fan of High Elves, I agree that this is why we don't have High Elves. They simply don't exist anymore. There are very few left. We have Blood Elves now. Yes, visually they're very similar but their eye color isn't the only thing that separates them. Blood Elves are cocky, vain and power hungry. High Elves were noble, loyal and prestiguous. They represent what the Alliance is about. I would have preferred that Alliance got High Elves and that Horde didn't get Blood Elves but that's the route they took with the lore and it's not going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    While I don't like your arrogant tone and am personally a fan of High Elves, I agree that this is why we don't have High Elves. They simply don't exist anymore. There are very few left. We have Blood Elves now. Yes, visually they're very similar but their eye color isn't the only thing that separates them. Blood Elves are cocky, vain and power hungry. High Elves were noble, loyal and prestiguous. They represent what the Alliance is about. I would have preferred that Alliance got High Elves and that Horde didn't get Blood Elves but that's the route they took with the lore and it's not going to change.
    high elves are big assholes. their blind loyalty to the alliance will cost them great in the end.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I feel like a lot of the ideas/expectations that people are throwing around for the chrraces entries (particularly nightborne and void elves) are much closer to concepts for entire new races. I don't think you can call something a subrace just because it shares a skeleton with an existing player model.

If WoW ever does implement subraces, I'd expect it to be more along the line of an additional level of character customization - something that gives your avatar more of a unique identity, but doesn't necessarily change its appearance, and only rarely entails a new model. Something like choosing the kingdom of origin for humans, or a clan for orcs. This 'origin' might give/restrict access to certain skin tones, certain classes, maybe even extra features like scars or tattoos. But it would mainly serve as additional flavor to existing races, and not conjuring up an entirely new look, feel, and culture.

Just spinning off possibilities in my head, I imagine a race with subraces would keep its current starting experience, but might have a different opening voice over for each race, and a couple of unique npcs in the starter zone to enforce identity, explain why the character is there, and give the first couple of quests - just the 1-2 level experience. So, for example, if you started as a Revantusk Troll, you'd get the same pan-over, but the narration might say something like~

Once the vanguard of the Old Horde, the Forest Trolls of Lordaeron were scattered by the elves and the Wildhammer Dwarves. Now, the Revantusk Tribe has found solace once more beneath the eaves of the Horde, with its foundation of courage and its hope for the disparate peoples of Azeroth. Once enemies, the Revantusk and Darkspear Tribes now join together on the Echo Isles to train their most promising fighters to serve the Horde with honor.

Have a couple Forest Troll NPCs to give you your first couple of quests, mention that you can get training here you'd never find in Revantusk Village, before being funneled into the same starting quests as any other troll at around mid-level 2.

I was thinking of what would realistically fit (both lorewise and gameplay-wise) to give players the breadth of 'subraces' they'd like their toons to represent, within the existing Horde and Alliance. Here's what I came up with~

Human-Azeroth, Stromgarde, Kul Tiras (sailor tattoos?), Lordaeron (slimmer body type?)
    Dwarf-Bronzebeard, Wildhammer, Dark Iron
    Nelf-Highborne (lighter skin tones), Kaldorei (current)
    Eredar-Draenei (current), Krokul, Lightforged

Orc-Blackrock, Dragonmaw, Mag'har, Frostwolf, Warsong, Bleeding Hollow, Shattered Hand, Burning Blade
    Tauren-Icemist (Taunka), Highmountain, Thunderhorn, Grimtotem, Dawnstrider, Ragetotem, Bloodhoof
    Troll-Darkspear, Revantusk
    Forsaken-Undead (current), Recently passed (like Nathanos), High Elf (like Dark Rangers), leper gnome

I don't think anything would really fit for blood elves, goblins, worgen, gnomes, or pandaren (and that's okay!). Lightforged and Highmountain are up there mostly for gits and shiggles. Even if it has no bearing on gameplay, I think a lot of folks would get excited just to be able to claim a particular clan for their Tauren or their dwarf (I know I would), and have the cosmetic options to back it up.

Some of these are less likely, certainly. They'd require armor rigging, face animations, female models. Things like Forest Trolls, Taunka, Leper Gnomes, Krokul. But most could be implemented with color swaps and changes/additions to skin textures. That's what I'd expect (and hope for) out of subraces.