Poll: Blizzard Voice VS Others

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blizzard is a year too late with this. They could have gotten ahead of discord and been the standard when Skype was the main pug voice, but they dropped the ball. Whether they didn't think it was worth the resources or didn't know how to do it right pre-discord, doesn't matter any more, too little too late.

Discord doesn't require any software installation or Blizzard games to be installed, so it's wonderful for work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    I was wondering now that Blizzard's voice chat has been out in the open for a couple of days what does everyone think? Will you be switching to it over say Discord, Mumble, etc. If so Why? If not why not?

My Guild wants to switch to Blizzard Voice because nobody you PUG could ever say "Oh I don't have installed but I know the fights." on the other side of that however I think Discord sounds WAY better and I feel like at this point most of WoW/Other Blizzard game players probably have this application installed.
    The blizzard voice chat is okay I guess, used it a few times at work cuz we don't have discord installed but yeah I would rather use discord for everything.

Also with my friends we play other games, so we would need to constantly jump in and out of different voice chat? Fuck that lol.

Deleted
    Discord does it all - and most WoW communities are there already.
    I've never used Blizzard voice - and I'd expect the same from all these social features they're building into the battle net launcher. They're kinda lol.

Deleted
    anything is better than that le epic social circlejerk tool discuck

With improvements and accessibility from in-game, such as via a chat link then I think for groups without special requirements it has potential.
    It just won't compete with a dedicated tool, and I don't think it is trying to.
    Just offering an easier accessed version which any wow player will "just have" by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I like how curse voice was obliterated by twitch
    it was the only real good voice app, I hate discord and blizzard app still needs tons of updates

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Me and my freinds soloy use the blizzard voice as we use battle net already as our main tool for communication even when we aren't playing any blizzard games. I find it’s higher quality then vent which we were using before and a lot less clucky then discord.

Can not stand Discord, they record and store everything that is transmitted over the system, it is pretty interface for millennials that need their instant lols. They make money from selling your gathered info. No TY, I will stick with Mumble. Unless Blizzard voice works well enough to move away from it. As for Discord watching traffic flows(network engineer here) I have witnessed that it will take up to 5 times more bandwidth than mumble or other voice comms, and this ends up lagging people with poor computers or internet connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    I have witnessed that it will take up to 5 times more bandwidth than mumble or other voice comms, and this ends up lagging people with poor computers or internet connections.
    Really? I wasn't aware of this.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

There's no compelling reason to use this. Also, with Discord I can set my own avatar instead of picking from a bunch of Blizzard ones.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    I like how curse voice was obliterated by twitch
    it was the only real good voice app, I hate discord and blizzard app still needs tons of updates
    Semi-unrelated, I think the main motivation twitch had for buying curse was the curse voice tech

For Wow we still use Vent, when I play Overwatch or Destiny 2 with my other friends we use Blizzard Voice, both are fine.

It's a good alternative to Discord when Discord is having server issues. Otherwise, Discord remains superior, mainly because of how much more options it has to offer such as bots.

It's usually discord > teamspeak > blizzard voice.
    Discord is just the easiest to use, pop a link in raid chat and everyone can join right away.
    Sometimes when doing 3s we might just switch to blizz voice since it's easy to quickly set up, now for mention teamspeak, a lot of the older RBG leads I still play with completely insist on TS because it's significantly more secure than discord.(Even if waiting through for like 20 security levels isn't the best way to spend time.)

Did not know discord records my transmittions, though, I use discord for a lot of private conversations. RIP I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    Really? I wasn't aware of this.
    Look remain connected to all channels unless you leave them, it is constantly receiving the chat, images, gif and now video that is sent in all those channels and it's voice codec is poorly implemented(I may know a few things about voice codecs, CCIE Voice and Video)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    It's usually discord > teamspeak > blizzard voice.
    Discord is just the easiest to use, pop a link in raid chat and everyone can join right away.
    Sometimes when doing 3s we might just switch to blizz voice since it's easy to quickly set up, now for mention teamspeak, a lot of the older RBG leads I still play with completely insist on TS because it's significantly more secure than discord.(Even if waiting through for like 20 security levels isn't the best way to spend time.)

Did not know discord records my transmittions, though, I use discord for a lot of private conversations. RIP I guess.
    Yeah it is in the T&C's, they have the right to all information sent using it and can use information as they please. Why do you think it is free.....money has to come from somewhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    My guild uses Twitch (formerly Curse) now even for the casual group, which used Blizzard's chat before that. In the past, I was in guilds that used TS3. It's not like I would care too much, but now that Twitch handles both mods and chat, it's nice to have single app for both.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Semi-unrelated, I think the main motivation twitch had for buying curse was the curse voice tech
    I imagine the same, but they blew curse voice up by hiding it behind a billion walls on their "new and innovative app"

Ive advocated the following improvements to battlenet for about 20 years:

1. Integrated Leaderboards for starcraft / warcraft / diablo (and now wow)
    2. Improved avatars or your diablo (and now wow) toons so you can see the gear and other stats of people in chat.
    3. More robust social tools to run and organze chats.
    4. Ability to “follow” a stream of player activity. You get a window that shows real time text events like when they kill mobs, get loot, level, die, complete quests etc. the stream notifications are highly customizable. Streams can be made public or private.
    5. Organized player run and official tournaments integrated into the app. You can see a bracket etc.
    6. Guild support.
    7. Calendar support.
    8. Forums.

But theyve never listened and discord has taken some of the ideas at this point. If blizzard implemented all of these ideas and those im forgetting at the moment then blizzard chat would be profoundly more useful than discord
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-10-28 at 11:07 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.