Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    It's actually funny as FFXIV got rid of cross class.
    Cross class seemed quite a stretch.

But the idea of a Well of magic seeping from the wound could attract a load of attention. The idea that those involved would tap in its power and use to keep it away from these threats isn't that different from using Artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    I would do a Pandaria themed one. Underwater. Yeah an underwater temple like in Stormblood. A dual boss fight with a jinyu and a naga that constantly trash talk each other arguing over who is better, a Botani in the palace garden that should have no reason to be there but somehow is, and a bunch of Arakkoa who are there to take back the stuff you brought to Taoshi in the WoD tavern quest.

I'd call it: should have drunk this much
    I'd also do Zul'duar.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I would love Naga, I doubt they'll happen but it would honestly be one of the most unique races ever given to us in any mmo from a design perspective. I understand them not wanting to as it would be extremely challenging though, but it's still a cool idea.

It has to happen in this upcoming expansion though, so once it's revealed that they're not going to be playable (basically when they show the expansion trailer) , it'll be dead just like Ogre and Arakkoa dream, which had their last chance in WoD. Of course, they can always revisit it once they've had their fun with exploring new planets, but then you likely won't see anything like that in another 6 years from now.

Ethereal, while I'm not a fan of them, could become a thing in 9.0 if K'aresh is still on their list of things to do.

Alright, so this is from what a pal posted on the discord:

The link was http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ts-of-Tel-Abar but you can see it's deleted.

It said that
    Upon entering Tel'Abim, heroes will hear tales of the "Sultan" an outsider who arrived in Tel'Abim recently; a mere boy who managed to take control of the entire empire.
    That's the only thing he copied and pasted, unfortunately.

The boy in the text is obviously Wrathion, and he said that Tel'abim was the outpost of Tel'abar, a landmass in the other side of Azeroth, both connected through a Titan waygate. Tel'abar would have a Persian vibe to it. Naturally, the leak also had Kul Tiras stuff in it.

You know, this is, imo, sufficiently absurd to be something Blizzard would do: take one concept and expand it tenfold. I'm not putting any bets on it, but it seems more believable than most checkbox leaks out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I know you're pretty abrasive about everything that isn't the ToV logo you made up but the quest armor having KulTiras in the file names 100% guarantees that the title has KulTiras in it.
    From what I recall, you had 2! expansions that had gear with the name on it. That's out of 6.
    And I'm not even arguing about ToV here. Kul Tiras WILL NOT be in the title. Nevermind "Secrets/Scourge of". You guys rail on ToV sounding bad, but have you seriously said anything with Kul Tiras out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post

The link was http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ts-of-Tel-Abar but you can see it's deleted.

It said that

The boy in the text is obviously Wrathion, and he said that Tel'abim was the outpost of Tel'abar, a landmass in the other side of Azeroth, both connected through a Titan waygate. Tel'abar would have a Persian vibe to it. Naturally, the leak also had Kul Tiras stuff in it.

You know, this is, imo, sufficiently absurd to be something Blizzard would do: take one concept and expand it tenfold. I'm not putting any bets on it, but it seems more believable than most checkbox leaks out there.
    My qualm is all the tel abim trolling from mufginus and co on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post

It said that

I was almost sure Wrathion would be there.

The whole ordeal doesn't have to be that huge. One zone main story, at most probably. "Entire empire" doesn't it will be the focus of everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I know the whole Naga theory kinda died down after the sub race datamine but this video speculates on how viable they could be and how pants/mounts could work.

Also shows the current model wearing current gear in game.

Out of all the non-subraces Naga are probably the one I want to see most, though that might be because of my love of Elven lore. I’d be disappointed if they just slapped legs on them though.
    If there's anything this video made me realize, it's that they would have to heavily alter the Naga to make them work as an actual playable race. I don't even want to imagine the headache the designers would have to go through to come up with a way to make them able to ride mounts. The idea of basically strangling your mount while riding it seemed a bit too weird -- maybe something the folks in Goldshire could get behind, but not me.

Hanging their tail from the side seems like a more viable option, but I still think it would look ridiculous. Right now the only way I can see them adding Naga as a race is to make them Highborne that turn into Naga in combat. I can't see any other way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exloar View Post
    From what I recall, you had 2! expansions that had gear with the name on it. That's out of 6.
    And I'm not even arguing about ToV here. Kul Tiras WILL NOT be in the title. Nevermind "Secrets/Scourge of". You guys rail on ToV sounding bad, but have you seriously said anything with Kul Tiras out loud?
    I have to agree with you. Kul tiras in the title just dont sound good. I personally find Tides of Vengeance to be the best sounding "leak" so far

7+ Year Old Account
    Kul'tiras just doesnt roll off the tongue as smoothly.

Formerly known as Arafal

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    No offense to the current Hype Train creator, but it is... way too busy. There's too much stuff going on there. There needs to be more neutral space!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'm still around! Busy updating a bunch of my tools to make mining a little easier on the soul. Putting hype on an energy conserving level in preparation for BlizzCon week!
    Well, that's cool!
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, somehow I can't imagine Kul Tiras actually being in the title of the expansion. Also, can we talk about how weird it is that the armor has a map attached to it? Like, are you going to get so lost all the time that you need to have a literal map attached to your robes (on both sides)?

Almost seems like they put this in deliberately to build hype.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    No offense to the current Hype Train creator, but it is... way too busy. There's too much stuff going on there. There needs to be more neutral space!
    I agree, the trains is almost completely covered in memes.

We need more train!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    Nothing. You don't get a reward in other games with player made maps either.
    What a waste of resources on that feature then.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    It may be busy, but it tells a story. Every image on there is a story. A leak we once believed in, a tangent we spent days on, a blind hope in the face of datamined logic. The train not only represents where we're going, but the story of how we're getting there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I agree, the trains is almost completely covered in memes.

We need more train!
    Nah we need a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    What a waste of resources on that feature then.
    Hate to break it to you, but that's the only way it coudl work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but that's the only way it coudl work.
    So the only way it would work is by it being useless. LUL
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    So the only way it would work is by it being useless. LUL
    Welcome to video games.