7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yet nobody complained about DK, Monk, and DH being the same way?

Also, old survival got badly merged into marksman. Split them up, add some void.
    Nobody complained about having to re-roll as a DK, Monk, or DH because none of them ever existed before and if you wanted to play them, you had to make a new character. If they do what you're suggesting, anyone who has a hunter already will be able to play the new spec on Day 1 while everyone else has to boost or grind. Taking something as pivotal to plot as DKs to the LK, Monks to the Sha, or DHs to Illidan/the Legion and reducing it down to 1 of 4 (all DPS) specs on an existing class would be stupid. Especially when they've already shown (per DHs) that they're fine to have a class with only 2 specs so long as they are different enough from each other.

The many changes to hunters over the years (and also rogues for the same reason) is precisely because it's really hard to create 3 distinct dps 'feels' alike enough to be the same class but different enough to feel make players care enough to choose between them (rather than just playing whichever sims the highest). Also, you gotta go back to Vanilla to understand why Survival got the rework that it did. Back when hunters had to carry around ammo and 2 weapons, they had a melee/range hybrid spec called Survival. At some point Survival was adapted to be a PvP trap-focused spec, but traps were a pain in the ass so they added a trap launcher mechanic, and then I guess finally decided to roll that back into MM and go back to a Vanilla-esq Survival (for the exact reason I mentioned at the start of this paragraph).

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Spellbreaker as a new tank spec. Would be dope.
    Spellbraker as a new class with dps spec that utilizes shield, that would be dope. RIP Gladiator stance.[*]

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    It was more like a complete spec overhaul. Survival hunters were there before, they just reworked it.
    Very very very little of old ranged SV remains. Traps, and Serpent Sting(via a talent). It's by all means a new spec. None of the melee has been in for expansions now.

10+ Year Old Account
    this reminds me of the 4th spec idea of the Tides of War fake leak.

shield based dps for warrior, spellbreaker tanks for mages and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Pretty much all they need to do is rework mongoose bite and it would be one the smoothest and most enjoyable specs in the game.
    I agree, there is a lot of potential in the classes. Really looking forward to the blizzcon and possible new combinations. Even the future looks good to me honestly. A feeling I havent had since wrath

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    this reminds me of the 4th spec idea of the Tides of War fake leak.

shield based dps for warrior, spellbreaker tanks for mages and so on
    And why not. I think it would be a neat idea. I would even go so far and add race specific classes or specs that said classes could unlock by doing a nice questchain.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    Nobody complained about having to re-roll as a DK, Monk, or DH because none of them ever existed before and if you wanted to play them, you had to make a new character. If they do what you're suggesting, anyone who has a hunter already will be able to play the new spec on Day 1 while everyone else has to boost or grind. Taking something as pivotal to plot as DKs to the LK, Monks to the Sha, or DHs to Illidan/the Legion and reducing it down to 1 of 4 (all DPS) specs on an existing class would be stupid. Especially when they've already shown (per DHs) that they're fine to have a class with only 2 specs so long as they are different enough from each other.

The many changes to hunters over the years (and also rogues for the same reason) is precisely because it's really hard to create 3 distinct dps 'feels' alike enough to be the same class but different enough to feel make players care enough to choose between them (rather than just playing whichever sims the highest). Also, you gotta go back to Vanilla to understand why Survival got the rework that it did. Back when hunters had to carry around ammo and 2 weapons, they had a melee/range hybrid spec called Survival. At some point Survival was adapted to be a PvP trap-focused spec, but traps were a pain in the ass so they added a trap launcher mechanic, and then I guess finally decided to roll that back into MM and go back to a Vanilla-esq Survival (for the exact reason I mentioned at the start of this paragraph).
    There is nothing inherently bad about your first point. It's 100% okay if people have to level a new spec or class added. I doubt anyone is upset that they have to level when someone else has it already because they've mained it. People aren't upset that others can buy level boosts for new classes, when they have to level. And if they're fine adding a 2 spec class, it's not a leap for them to be fine adding 1 spec at a time to other classes. People have said it over and over, adding new specs to all classes is too much, add them one by one. Void Ranger could be vastly different than BM or MM.

It's not hard to create different feels for ranged dps. They had it, they just needed slight tweaks. Heavy pet management, sniper with casting, mobile DoT/explosive ranger. They got rid of the last, so now there is room for it.

Edit: Not to mention, there were numerous "dark ranger" esque talents for MM in early Legion alpha that got scrapped, and even still, MM has talents that don't fit it. Take those, add to Void Ranger, refill MM. Tudah.
    Last edited by Renley; 2017-10-28 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    It's not hard to create different feels for ranged dps. They had it, they just needed slight tweaks. Heavy pet management, sniper with casting, mobile DoT/explosive ranger. They got rid of the last, so now there is room for it
    THIS. If someone claims that old specs for hunters were to familiar then he didn't play hunter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    THIS. If someone claims that old specs for hunters were to familiar then he didn't play hunter at all.
    Honestly, they changed SV for the sake of change. Old SV was nothing like MM or BM. It was the one that stood out the most. It's a huge shame it's gone, and I very much miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we have enough classes/specs for now. I´ll be far more happy with some changes for the current specs here and there. We really need more customization options, WoW is really far behind in that area compared with more recent, mediocre MMO´s-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    I think we have enough classes/specs for now. I´ll be far more happy with some changes for the current specs here and there. We really need more customization options, WoW is really far behind in that area compared with more recent, mediocre MMO´s-
    I agree. If they really had to add an extra spec into the pool, I would be down with Shaman Tanks. But I really don't think we need more DPS specs or classes cluttering up the game more. I mean, we just got a new class... so what's the hurry?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    FAKE. that image behind the login is from the Cataclysm era. The logo is well done tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Honestly, they changed SV for the sake of change. Old SV was nothing like MM or BM. It was the one that stood out the most. It's a huge shame it's gone, and I very much miss it.
    Agreed - the old SV ranged spec was my most played Hunter spec...SV as a spec is dead to me - as far as I'm concerned Hunters lost a spec in Legion so adding Void Hunter would be giving hunters their third spec back.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I agree. If they really had to add an extra spec into the pool, I would be down with Shaman Tanks. But I really don't think we need more DPS specs or classes cluttering up the game more. I mean, we just got a new class.
    Aye, I don't think it's likely, just possible. Though, it would technically added another ranged mail spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    You son of a--

A "dark" ranger is something people have been asking about for millenia so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it. As people have said, it would make Hunter the second 4th spec class, add more mail users to the scene which we desperately need, and tie into both Alleria and her Void Elves as well as Sylvanas and her dark rangers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see a meme of the WoD era (since WoD was on live servers then) living on and evolving!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Because Azshara and Nzoth aren't Xavius level loot fodder.

But hey if you wanna rush ahead to purple void cum everywhere go for it.
    And people say Old Gods are just tentacles puked everywhere, and are sick of that kind of shit. Putting Azshara and N'zoth together, which makes perfect sense given that they do work together, adds more depth to the opposing faction. One could argue that Kil'jaedan deserved his own expansion, and now our last boss is Argus itself. Kil'jaedan is a far more significant lore character than Azshara, yet that's how it went.

And since the Old Gods are Void-aligned, they have ample opportunity to start building up more variety in their faction so it's not all just "purple cum".

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    A "dark" ranger is something people have been asking about for millenia so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it. As people have said, it would make Hunter the second 4th spec class, add more mail users to the scene which we desperately need, and tie into both Alleria and her Void Elves as well as Sylvanas and her dark rangers.
    I just picture them to be blood elves honestly, but that does not speak against it. there are other classes that would be worse imo. Like warden for other races than Night Elves, Blademasters for orc (allthough draenei seem to be possible, still dont prefer this way), shadow hunter for trolls, and some more
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Maybe undead's subrace would be a dark ranger skin? Sort of like Sylvanas' rangers and Nathanos