Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diremagus View Post
    What's wrong with Mythic +? Probably the best end game feature they have added to WoW since...raiding. It's like raiding, but with a much tighter group, less time commitment (per run) and infinitely scaling challenge.
    now this is the laughable post. mythic plus being end game.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diremagus View Post
    What's wrong with Mythic +? Probably the best end game feature they have added to WoW since...raiding. It's like raiding, but with a much tighter group, less time commitment (per run) and infinitely scaling challenge.
    I'll agree with this one, I enjoy it because I can actually get the time to do it, I never had enough time to dedicate 4hours. 2 or 3 times a week, But with this you still get decent gear for a decent challenge^^

The only issue with it is this WoWProgress crap, It doesn't even work properly as a website, But I suppose that's a good way of rooting out the tards, The people who only invite you based on your "WPDERPSCORE" lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    now this is the laughable post. mythic plus being end game.
    Laughable how? It is endgame for many people, I'm sorry you don't think so but it doesn't make it true, It quite literally is "endgame" Endgame in WoW being the stuff you do when you reach max level...Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    do you find the irony in your own words? and I'm done with you
    He was mocking you.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Titanforging did more damage to mythic raiding than Mythic+ ever did

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's one thing I don't understand... why? I am genuinely curious why LFR is so hated by some people.
    Because LFR is the galling evidence that the MMO design world doesn't revolve around them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    raiding died (for me at least) because of token wow, spend 1502 hour raiding and a guy who doesn't live in a shit of country buy some tokens, get gold in-game, buy boost, and here gear far superior than me with zero effort
    and if u don't believe check twisting nether EU trade chat, they sell every raid u want on every difficulty
    I raided hardcore during wrath, managed few server firsts with my guild, strict schedule 3 nights 25 raids 3 10 men etc, trying to do all there is, back then i felt rewarded for what i do, now i see ppl just because game sub don't cost them over 10% of their salary can spare few more $$, buy tokens, and get everything and more than i bust my ass trying to get, so now for me game is just altoholic very casual sh8t and nothing else
    Why do you care what other people get? boosting has existed forever....

The things that damaged raiding were:

Getting rid of 10 man raiding and making it fixed 20 man

Lower and lower numbers of players each year

Mythic + has injected some new activity into the game and probably kept players in WoW
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    I'll agree with this one, I enjoy it because I can actually get the time to do it, I never had enough time to dedicate 4hours. 2 or 3 times a week, But with this you still get decent gear for a decent challenge^^

The only issue with it is this WoWProgress crap, It doesn't even work properly as a website, But I suppose that's a good way of rooting out the tards, The people who only invite you based on your "WPDERPSCORE" lol

- - - Updated - - -

Laughable how? It is endgame for many people, I'm sorry you don't think so but it doesn't make it true, It quite literally is "endgame" Endgame in WoW being the stuff you do when you reach max level...Lol
    it would take literally no effort to turn that right back around on you. just because you feel the content you have time for is end game doesnt make it so. raiding and more properly the highest difficulty of raiding is, has been, and always will be the true end game for any accomplished player. An endlessly scaling difficulty level dungeon is nothing but a time waster with no finish line.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Something being "killed" according to people on the internet actually translates into "it's about the same or better than before".

The raiding scene was always small. M+ didn't "kill" anything other than the concept of dungeons growing obsolete. In the end though, it's still DUNGEON content, not raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    raiding died (for me at least) because of token wow, spend 1502 hour raiding and a guy who doesn't live in a shit of country buy some tokens, get gold in-game, buy boost, and here gear far superior than me with zero effort
    and if u don't believe check twisting nether EU trade chat, they sell every raid u want on every difficulty
    I raided hardcore during wrath, managed few server firsts with my guild, strict schedule 3 nights 25 raids 3 10 men etc, trying to do all there is, back then i felt rewarded for what i do, now i see ppl just because game sub don't cost them over 10% of their salary can spare few more $$, buy tokens, and get everything and more than i bust my ass trying to get, so now for me game is just altoholic very casual sh8t and nothing else
    Why do you care what other people get? Selling raid loot (aka boosting) been in the game forever. Vanilla, "Selling under 45 min UD STRAT. TBC, "selling vial ruins" or the "Selling ZA bear mount" etc and etc.

Were you one of those people in vanilla that stood in Ironforge or Org with the latest complete Tier Set or Thunderfury so people can go, "Aww he is so cool!"

Are you against the economy? Buy a token, sell token, someone buys that token, buy a raid slot to get loot or mount, the cycle continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    if the game was social again, subs would surge higher than 10 million and the raw number of raiders would swell which would thus support the raid community.
    The game never stopped being social, nor did it ever have some flawless design making the players feel all carebear about one-another.

Stop blaming the game for your own social ineptitude and be social if that's what you crave.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    The things that damaged raiding were:

Getting rid of 10 man raiding and making it fixed 20 man

Lower and lower numbers of players each year

Mythic + has injected some new activity into the game and probably kept players in WoW
    removing 10man was totally retarded, what was wrong with pandaria system where 10 man and 25 man dropped same loot but 25 man had more chance of warforging? They probably grew tired of trying to balance 2 raid sizes with players crying everywhere "10 man is harder!" "no 25 man is!" "xxx boss is too hard on 10 man!" etc so they decide to end the discussion and said "now hardest raiding is 20 man no less no more, fuck you crybabies!"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    removing 10man was totally retarded, what was wrong with pandaria system where 10 man and 25 man dropped same loot but 25 man had more chance of warforging? They probably grew tired of trying to balance 2 raid sizes with players crying everywhere "10 man is harder!" "no 25 man is!" "xxx boss is too hard on 10 man!" etc so they decide to end the discussion and said "now hardest raiding is 20 man no less no more, fuck you crybabies!"
    Well yes, they've explained at length why they went with 20-man as their fixed size for the most difficult content.
    I doubt they'd return to 10man/25man and 2 difficulties again, but I wouldn't be against it if they did.

7+ Year Old Account
    As someone who, at this point in the expansion, exclusively does m+, I would love mythic raid loot. Not banking on titanforge for gear to be higher ilvl? For more classes than not, tier and trinkets from raid are better than anything out of m+? I don't know how m+ killed mythic raiding when mythic raiding is beneficial to those who do m+.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    He was mocking you.
    thank you so much for pointing that out, I wasn't aware

"Mythic plus killed the raiding scene for me."

Fixed the title for you. I know quite a number of people that enjoy both 5-mans and raiding. They're both something to do in the game and adding Mythic+ to Dungeons made them much more relevant as end game content. I look at both Mythic+ Dungeons and Raiding in general as the main sources of end game content (I strongly dislike PvP). Raiding brings much more people together and the content is challenging, while Mythic+ does the same thing for smaller groups of people.

No, Mythic+ Dungeons did not and will not replace raiding, period.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    It would make more sense now, especially with the lower numbers of players in the game, to have both 10 and 20 person raids

Blizzard is too stupid to admit it fucked up and continues down the same path to the game losing more and more players

People like M+ because they only need five people, unlike Mythic raids where you need 20 which is simply impossible on some servers
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

I kinda wish we had slower paced dungeons. We just fly through on Mythics. The whole game needs a slow down imo. But hey, I'm just a wizard who likes to slay dragons.

Cataclysm design desicions killed the raiding scene. Can't kill what's already been dead for a long time.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Because LFR is the galling evidence that the MMO design world doesn't revolve around them.
    Pretty much this. ^

Hardcore raiders like to feel superior. Before LFR and M+ all the best loot was only available from one place in the entire game, and the entire game was engineered to funnel people into it regardless of whether or not the actually enjoyed it.

Surprise surprise: Along comes options to play the game in different ways, and suddenly the shitlords at the top who would sacrifice their own health and friends for a spot in a top raid don't get to lord their playstyle over everyone else.

As far as I'm concerned, LFR and M+ are two of the best things to ever happen to the MMORPG industry.