Thread: Credit Score?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    That's my monthly expenses while living alone. It will be more if you're 2. I'm not particularly fond of someone being a gold digger and wanting me to support them. They should be able to be independent without financial support from me.
    So that tells me I was roughly right with my calculation. For me there are simply more important things than if my partner could match my financial income. Like if we actually have things in common, if we fit intellectually, if we are fine with each other's looks, overall if we feel safe and comfortable together...

As for the not being fond of supporting a gold digger. That's imho entirely different thing than what we are talking about and in my previous reply I even shared your opinion on that subject.

If you straight up dismiss a relationship with somebody just because you have more money it in my mind kinda makes you an elitist (which is not strictly a bad thing) . Like I'm not saying marry a guy/girl who has 1/10th of your starting assets without a prenup but it likely shouldn't be the deciding factor in a relationship.
    Last edited by pseudoJ; 2017-10-28 at 03:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Credit is more about your ability to take care of yourself and your obligations. Everyone saying "You shouldn't care until you share money" is an idiot. That's far too late to suddenly start caring. Most people don't share money until they are married. So you're going to wake up on your honeymoon and realize you just married someone with 100k in debt and has tons of missed payments. Oops, too late now. Maybe you should have been an adult and talked about those things before marriage.
    Meh, sharing money and/or getting married is pretty much a bad financial plan in and of itself. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    asking for credit score is a step below can you just straight out be a prostitute please.
    What? No? How?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If you can't figure out how someone handles such things without asking for a credit score (which is not a very good indication), then you may have a problem.
    This is really just a straw man response. Its not as if you can only ask 5 personal questions in a relationship, of which asking about credit score would be wasting one... Seriously, I'm not so mentally challenged as to not see other indicators of good/bad handlings of finances, thats not what this thread is about at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Seriously, I'm not so mentally challenged as to not see other indicators of good/bad handlings of finances, thats not what this thread is about at all.
    As far as I can tell, this thread is about how nobody agrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    As far as I can tell, this thread is about how nobody agrees with you.
    Seems you are miscounting.

Hmm, I guess its not a big deal to ask before a relationship gets serious. No one number is going to tell you everything you need to know about a persons handling of their money though. And I don't even know mine.
    Last edited by NM 156; 2017-10-29 at 12:24 PM.

When you can fart in front of each other that's when you ask about their credit score.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    What? No? How?

- - - Updated - - -

This is really just a straw man response. Its not as if you can only ask 5 personal questions in a relationship, of which asking about credit score would be wasting one... Seriously, I'm not so mentally challenged as to not see other indicators of good/bad handlings of finances, thats not what this thread is about at all.
    It's not a straw man, it's about knowing how to ask questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the recent Equifax melt down, it's a wonder that anyone still believes that a credit score holds value. They just leaked out a bunch of info about half of Americans, that people can use to open up credit cards and what not under your name.

Deleted
    I would assign it when the relationship turns to be more serious.