Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Un'goro and Tanaris revamp in Next Expansion?

Everyone agrees on the fact that next expansion will take place into the South Seas, we saw tons and tons of fake leaks about it... Yet all of these "spoilers" seem to forget a small detail: Legion ends with the destruction of Silithus, a place that has absolutely no connection to the ocean whatsoever. So we can't just go sailing without any reason, we need to have something that would justify going there; just screaming "Old gods" or "Azshara" isn't enough to make a logical storyline.

So let's take a better look at the situation. The world is pierced by an enormous corrupting sword, what do you do? If you're an ordinary human being you'll probably try to find a way to heal the wound and not live the pirate's way of life. To fix something so massive, you'll need something as enormous, something like Titanic infrastructures. Where do you find the closest structure around? I'm sure you guessed it, at Un'Goro crater.

Since we have Diamond Magni on our side it shouldn't be too difficult to get into secret rooms of the jungle... As we saw in Ulduar these kind of places always have their own reset button, sounds convenient, isn't it? Obviously something will go wrong, things must always go wrong at the begining of an expansion.

Before we continue, let's take a look at the evidences we have :

• The most recent discovery is about Tottle the Tortollan mini-pet, a Hearthstone race specifically associated with Un'Goro. If something was to happen in the jungle, they would be aware of it more than anyone else.
      (Being servants of Tortolla it wouldn't be so much of a surprise to see them around the lost isles as well. These island are ruled by giant turtles after all.)
    • Flotsam, one of the many Legion Worldbosses, only loots sea treasures he amassed in the debris of shipwrecks. Most of his loot are what would you expect, except one, a ""Liberated" Un'goro Relic". From this single item we can actually conclude the place got pillaged, with some of the plunder ending up in the ends of pirates.
      (This wouldn't be the first spoil from a Worldboss drops; as Kazzak used to loot the Spellcloak of Suramar back in WoD)
    • Next Hearthstone expansion will be about Pirates as well, with a lore getting more and more cannon. So we might as well have to explore Un'Goro and go to Gadgetzan on our own.

That's not a lot of clues, but that's enough to theorize that the Titanic machines won't work as intended, too many important pieces would be missing, you even might have to sacrifice your own artifact weapons for it to do something. The quests would force the players to back-track were these numerous powerful items went to save Azeroth from corruption. Then comes a use for the tortollans, once be-friended they could offer you new primitive weapons and tell you what they saw.

These titanic artifacts probably hold gigantic powers that many people would desire as their own. There is a high demand for powerful items, and goblins would certainly not miss a chance to get some easy money. That's how a bigger traffic starts.

If we consider that Gadgetzan became the huge harbour we can see in Hearthstone, then it would make sense for this place to have been able to sell hundreds of relics around the entire globe, with some of these items ending up in the hands of pirates or Nagas. Sand trolls might as well capture some of these relics in order to restore their ancient kingdom with the help of the Zandalaris.

That's how you would explain that all of these people suddenly became a threat to the world.

So, do you think these are enough evidences that we will see a revamp for these zones?
    Is Hearthstone becoming the new canon? Are we're actually going to see these concepts ingame?

Quote Originally Posted by Allifeur- View Post
    Everyone agrees on the fact that next expansion will take place in Kul'Tiras
    Replace South Seas wit Kul'Tiras and you're right. The only thing we know is that Kul'Tiras will be a part of the next expansion, we know nothing about a South Seas involvement at all (yet).

Interesting thoughts though. Why don't we just throw a gigantic Tortolla(n) into the Wound in Silithus and let it sit there forever? Something like Tortos from Throne of Thunder but 10 times bigger.

MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Everyone agrees on the fact that next expansion will take place into the South Seas,
    When did it become fact? and when did everyone agree?

Real tired of mmo posters assuming 'my opinion = fact and everyone agrees with me'

Deleted
    Oh my, you're a genius. Let's just borrow the Pandaren Starting zone to save the world !

@Trickname : It became facts since everyone is assuming it will be, and that all actual leaks seem to point to the sea. But it can very well not be about it. That would be surprising but it can.
    I dont believe any leak unless they talk about Gnomeregan. So yeah, I don't believe any leak.
    Last edited by mmoce7735236c6; 2017-10-29 at 05:13 PM.

My hesitation to read into anything "hinting" at the next expansion, or trying to figure out what the next expansion will be/ whether a leak is true based on "good writing" is that... Blizzard's writing simply isn't good. There were no hints or lead ins to Cataclysm, Mists, or WoD- To my memory, those expansions all caught everyone completely by surprise. We weren't able to predict them at all- especially WoD.

Even Legion, to a lesser degree- most speculation before its announcement was that we were looking at a Burning Legion expansion, OR a Void expansion, OR another Draenor expansion set on the Ogre continent.

Right now, I'm in agreement that something sea-related seems to be the most logical, but.... with Blizzard, man, who knows.

Everyone agrees on the fact that next expansion will take place into the South Seas
    No they don't.

Stopped reading right there.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    No they don't.

Stopped reading right there.
    Then please feel free to explain the Kul Tiras leak, the seabread horse and the raptor in an expansion that isn't based around sea.

Then please feel free to explain the Kul Tiras leak, the seabread horse and the raptor in an expansion that isn't based around sea.
    Kul Tiras was always placed near Tol Barad in official Blizzard maps, which is nowhere near south or South seas. South Seas are of Zandalar, Kezan and Tel abim. Leak confirms Kul Tiras, not South seas.

Easy.

Kul Tiras isn't in the South Seas, it's nearest land mass currently would be Tol Barad. I think it'll be more likely a Lovecraftian expansion focusing on the Old Gods and Void Lords with Stranger Things references. I would not be surprised at all if there is some sort of "upside down" too.

The Horse was apparently to do with the Paladin mount.

The Raptor is pretty easy to explain away as Raptors have been in the game since vanilla. Though I'll be honest , not sure what you mean by "the raptor".

Good try though, next time don't display your opinion as fact - people will be more open to discussion.
    Last edited by willtron; 2017-10-29 at 06:05 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really do hope stuff from the hearthstone gadgetzan and ungoro expansions gets reflected a little bit in WoW.

Gadgetzan could be an awesome port city if they fix the cataclysm damage, and there's roaming Sea Giants nearby there already (just the old model), Sea Giants are all over Feralas as well.

Deleted
    @willtron - Alright, I back my word, there are less people who think next expansion is about South Sea than what I though. But the point of my post, that is about Un'goro and Tanaris is still the same.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean why talk about just two zones. If Blizz does a revamp my money's on Southern Kalimdor and Lordaeron at least.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Kul Tiras was always placed near Tol Barad in official Blizzard maps, which is nowhere near south or South seas. South Seas are of Zandalar, Kezan and Tel abim. Leak confirms Kul Tiras, not South seas.
    Some old Ask a Dev source mentioned it could have moved however.

Will we be hearing from any of the old or neglected human nations in Cata, specifically Stromgarde, Kul'tiras, and the remnants of Alterac (hey, Deathwing paraded around as an Alterac noble before)?
    With the revamp of the classic World of Warcraft zones, players will get a chance to see how the fallen nations of Stromgarde and Alterac have fared over the last few years. Kul Tiras, the island nation, will not be visible at the start of Cataclysm – something about tectonic plates shifting it out to sea....

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#A...wers_-_Round_1

Still a vague source, or a very old idea, but possible.

To be honest, I doubt either zone will get updated. Even though it would be really cool to see.

I would love to see sprawling gadgetzan be the hub of a south seas expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    To be honest, I doubt either zone will get updated. Even though it would be really cool to see.

I would love to see sprawling gadgetzan be the hub of a south seas expansion.

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/5/56/Mean_Streets_of_Gadgetzan_growth.jpg?version=f2f82283ccec10e30033418952078a74[/IMG]
    Please no. I'd rather see places, y'know, in the South Seas.

Hell, we're going to Kul'tiras. You don't think that city will be the Alliance hub for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Even Legion, to a lesser degree- most speculation before its announcement was that we were looking at a Burning Legion expansion, OR a Void expansion, OR another Draenor expansion set on the Ogre continent.
    I remember a ton of speculation, and even some of the semi-accurate last minute leaks, about how Legion was going to be an expansion featuring ships and naval travel (and obviously Kul Tiras, south seas, Azshara etc., because those always go hand in hand). It was mostly based on the existence of the WoD shipyard and people speculating that we'd see it expanded into a more robust system in the future.

I have no idea what the next expansion's going to be, but if I had to put my money on something it'd be another old-world revamp of some description, simply because it makes a lot of gameplay sense for them to do it with the scaling and world quest tech they have now.

Deleted
    I don't think Blizzard would go for a second World revamp if it can't be content for higher level players though. They wouldn't re-do another full Cataclysm, or it would be done in a different way.

So let's take a better look at the situation. The world is pierced by an enormous corrupting sword, what do you do? If you're an ordinary human being you'll probably try to find a way to heal the wound and not live the pirate's way of life. To fix something so massive, you'll need something as enormous, something like Titanic infrastructures. Where do you find the closest structure around?
    Our artifacts, one of which was specified as devouring a world, are my bet. But your idea also makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Some old Ask a Dev source mentioned it could have moved however.

Will we be hearing from any of the old or neglected human nations in Cata, specifically Stromgarde, Kul'tiras, and the remnants of Alterac (hey, Deathwing paraded around as an Alterac noble before)?
    With the revamp of the classic World of Warcraft zones, players will get a chance to see how the fallen nations of Stromgarde and Alterac have fared over the last few years. Kul Tiras, the island nation, will not be visible at the start of Cataclysm – something about tectonic plates shifting it out to sea....

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#A...wers_-_Round_1

Still a vague source, or a very old idea, but possible.
    Yeah they also said that Alliance will retake Stromgarde somewhere nearby WoD prelaunch event. These were great Blizzard bed time stories

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    It's going to be a world revamp.. The cata revamp is closer to vanilla WoW than this present moment. The world is outdated and needs to be updated to adjust to level scaling and the modern rendition of WoW.
    I hope if they do update it again it's a true lore-agnostic revamp. So in 4 expansions we aren't looking back at the New-New World and saying "Man why are Horde getting quests from a Warchief that died two expansion ago and why are we still fighting Void Tentacles everywhere?"

Sure Vanilla's quests were a bit (lot) bland, but they were also evergreen to the lore.