Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree. I just leveled my 8th 110 and I can't seem to stick with it. I thought having another alt would make the game more appealing but now I'm growing bored.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    What? this is the easiest moment to gear alts in all the years of wow. I literally reached 110 and in less than 2 hours I had all 3 artifacts with 55 points and an ilvl of 905. Never it's been that easy, never. Even gearing off specs was a torture before, while now you can perform offspecs fairly well without changing a single piece.
    Every expansion before Legion was a million times easier. Because there were no Artifact Grind and no legendary grind. In legion you are not done leveling an alt until you have the top artifact and top legendaries.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    To people saying it's never been easier to gear alts: You're wrong. Badly.

Easiest time to gear alts was Wod by a mile. Spend few hours in Ashran collecting fragments, finishing the events and you get a full 700 set and one 710. After that it's all up to you spamming 2vs2 arena using the group finder and conquest catch up = full 710 in a few days or however much time you wanna spend on it. And you didn't even have any artifact to worry about.

880 sullied gear is just garbage. Getting the 910 gear is -not- fast nor easy on alts.

Not to mention off specs. In wod all you needed were trinkets and rings/neck. Now... well... gl with the artifacts.

This xpack started as extremely alt hostile and it still remains that. Alt life has been made easier later on like always, but it's still alt hostile due to artifacts/profession and what not.
    Last edited by mmocfb2225cee0; 2017-10-30 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    I've been playing WoW since 2007, through all walks of the game - top 40 US raiding, Gladiator in 3s, and that I have kids I stick to M+. It's of my opinion that in the current state of this game, it's extremely unrewarding to play an alt right now. Grinding for AP, relics, legendary items, and then going through Argus, etc.... again.... and again.... it sucks so bad to try and get an alt up to speed.

Either that, or it's really good right now and I've just been playing this game for too long.
    legendaries are the only aspect where the alts catchup system is lackluster. in all other aspects, from ilevel to relics to tier it has never been easier before. 1 reset ago I hit 110 on thursday and got to 915 before wednesday. this reset im already at 925 and about to get my 2nd leggo.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    legendaries are the only aspect where the alts catchup system is lackluster. in all other aspects, from ilevel to relics to tier it has never been easier before. 1 reset ago I hit 110 on thursday and got to 915 before wednesday. this reset im already at 925 and about to get my 2nd leggo.
    And you are not even half way done.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The artefakt is really a non issue, byt the leggos......

Oh boy.

It's embarrassingly easy. Get over it.

Indeed, what?? Are you joking? An alt nowadays is alot more powerful compared to your main in Legion vs other expansions, including legendaries. You practically get 2 first leggos for free when you ding 110 as well.

People blaming legendaries for Legions "alt-unfriendlieness" do you really expect alts to be just as good as you main at once? It was only possible in WoD without any effort, let it go already.

My newest alt 3 days played. 4 leggos. 1 bis and 3rd bis. You know, buying argunite-gear for the correct slot so you have a higher chance to get the leggo you want.

No OP, you are wrong.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-10-30 at 07:57 AM.

my alt is higer ilvl than my main (cuz relinquished WF RNG), he is only missing tier pieces and is 2 artifact lvls behind my main, what do you mean?!?!?

Halfway done for what tho? I have my alt primarily for running Heroic pugs/splits during progress.

Leggos: I got lucky as my first leggo was also the BiS one for my spec, but as stated, the leggo system is still a problem, yes.
    Artifact: Currently at AP 67, done mostly Argus quests, 1 and a half heroic ToS and 1 mythic+
    Completed all of Argus/full unlocks
    Followers: a bit slow here, but other than constantly sending them on missions from my phone, not much effort required

Compared to my main which is 947 ilevel, sure I need 25 more ilevels, but i have done barely 2 raids and no m+ and am already outgearing m+

I have had an alt since vanilla and most tiers it would just be benched because gearing alt prior to legion was incredibly painful. To have a heroic raid ready alt within 1 reset was unthinkable a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I've seen a lot of these threads before, but never with as much BS as this thread.

No. This expansion is not alt friendly, and it's not easy to gear up alts as it used to be.

FFS people, quit trying to be internet hero's are you 13 or something?

If this were the end of Cataclysm (or Wrath), I'd run a few dungeons, and I'd have an average item level of 915 (previous tier ilvl). My main right now is only ilvl 903.
    O_o

Stop running dungeons and start with World Quests. My "main" is 930ish, and my alts (on my 10th) are at 880+ (3 with legendary items).

It is stupidly easy.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

The problem is legendaries. The actual practice of getting a decent ilevel is not the problem - the problem is the gap between legendary items and how they absolutely define certain specs/builds. If legendaries were purely utility as they've hinted their intentions are for the future, it wouldn't be as big of a gap, albeit there would still likely be ilevel bloat.

They've done a decent job at catchup for Legion - but putting legendary tokens for classes as only obtainable after acquiring all of a class' given legendaries was a mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Indeed, what?? Are you joking? An alt nowadays is alot more powerful compared to your main in Legion vs other expansions, including legendaries. You practically get 2 first leggos for free when you ding 110 as well.

People blaming legendaries for Legions "alt-unfriendlieness" do you really expect alts to be just as good as you main at once? It was only possible in WoD without any effort, let it go already.

My newest alt 3 days played. 4 leggos. 1 bis and 3rd bis. You know, buying argunite-gear for the correct slot so you have a higher chance to get the leggo you want.

No OP, you are wrong.
    No, you are the one who's wrong.

Easiest time to gear alts was Wod by a mile. Spend few hours in Ashran collecting fragments, finishing the events and you get a full 700 set and one 710. After that it's all up to you spamming 2vs2 arena using the group finder and conquest catch up = full 710 in a few days or however much time you wanna spend on it. And you didn't even have any artifact to worry about.

880 sullied gear is just garbage. Getting the 910 gear is -not- fast nor easy on alts.

Not to mention off specs. In wod all you needed were trinkets and rings/neck. Now... well... gl with the artifacts.

This xpack started as extremely alt hostile and it still remains that. Alt life has been made easier later on like always, but it's still alt hostile due to artifacts/profession and what not.

What's an alt?

If an alt is a second main, then sure, it will take quite a while to get BIS, but that's nothing new. Nobody in any expansion had multiple BIS geared toons without a lot of effort and a friendly guild that didn't mind dragging your undergeared ass through current tier.

If an alt is just another toon, then Legion is by far the friendliest in terms of gearing. I have a DK with 2 days played. He's 930 ffs. My mythic raiding main is 941. I have 7 toons all up, and they are all between 920-930, can all take part in current heroic tier with no worries at all, they all have mage tower appearances, they all have multiple legendaries, they all do top DPS in BGs if I play good, they all do 10-15 level m+ keys.

What more do you want from an alt?

I had 11 alts in WoD, but they were geared for CMs (low ilvl gear, just BIS stats) and hardly any of them were heroic raid geared because I don't raid on 11 toons ffs!
    Last edited by Spazlord; 2017-10-30 at 09:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Right now? Yeah, I agree with it. For the first half, at least, it was easily the most unfriendly.
    And this is why Legion failed terribly for me, it was so alt-unfriendly that I burned myself out in the first 6 months. If they'd had these catch-up mechanisms in place at the start of the expansion, instead of now, there is a decent chance I wouldn't have quit.

Knowing that they were going to make it easier to get AK/AP/Legendaries as time passed just further disheartened me; I'm not motivated to put in a ton of time/effort when I can simply wait and get that same reward with a fraction of the time/effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    No, you are the one who's wrong.
    I was waiting for this and I have this awesome response:

No u!

Did you see what I wrote about WoD btw? Gearing was easier then cause you didnt have to do jack shit to get it. But now with the artifact, man you are more powerful than ever on your alts. Getting to 66 traits will take you few hours to get there if you go for it. If you want 930+ in few hours. Go for it.

Its up to you. As always.

- - - Updated - - -

Every expansion before Legion was a million times easier. Because there were no Artifact Grind and no legendary grind. In legion you are not done leveling an alt until you have the top artifact and top legendaries.
    You werent done in other expansions before you had BiS gear then. All that grind to get BiS gear.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    I've been playing WoW since 2007, through all walks of the game - top 40 US raiding, Gladiator in 3s, and that I have kids I stick to M+. It's of my opinion that in the current state of this game, it's extremely unrewarding to play an alt right now. Grinding for AP, relics, legendary items, and then going through Argus, etc.... again.... and again.... it sucks so bad to try and get an alt up to speed.

Either that, or it's really good right now and I've just been playing this game for too long.
    It has never been easier to gear an ALT in WoW than it is right now in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Vanilla is not an expansion and it was easy to gear up alts in BC. BoJ gave you easy gear for the whole expansion with no need to worry about AP or legendaries.
    BoJ's were hard-capped though and only relevant for half of TBC..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I was waiting for this and I have this awesome response:

No u!

Did you see what I wrote about WoD btw? Gearing was easier then cause you didnt have to do jack shit to get it. But now with the artifact, man you are more powerful than ever on your alts. Getting to 66 traits will take you few hours to get there if you go for it. If you want 930+ in few hours. Go for it.
    Um.. don't you think it's a little contradictary to say gearing is easier now and saying it was easier before?

And no, you don't get to 66 or 930 in a few hours. You can get to 66 in a few hours maybe when we're at max AK, but the cap is is neverending. I see what you mean though.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is prolly the easiest time to gear alts, so not sure what youre smoking but you should stop
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post

This. /10char