Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Australia labelled the dirtiest country in the developed world

"Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick up garbage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Kill all the cows?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Pick up garbage?
    Start with the daily mail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecilexum View Post
    PUBLISHED: 15:11 AEDT, 25 September 2014 | UPDATED: 20:30 AEDT, 25 September 2014
    This + why post some selected quotes that twist everything instead of the original article? http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...rthrown.2.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they're not wrong about Tony Abbott being a grub.

Well, considering all the wildlife is trying to kill you.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Train crows to collect the garbage

Train the kangaroos to stuff their pouches full of litter, then unleash them on the rest of the world.

When they get too full to walk, just launch them into outer space or something.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Well, considering all the wildlife is trying to kill you.....
    Indeed, I would stay indoors as well and just throw out garbage through the window.

I'll tell you why - our left-leaning party (Labor Party) that was in power from 2007-2013 tore itself apart with two Prime Ministers who backstabbed and sabotaged each other, leading to a minority government in 2010-2013 where Labor had to gain support of the Greens party and independents to pass legislation. You'd think that the Greens would work with the party trying to do something about the environment but they refused to support some key Labor policies because they "didn't go far enough" and helped cause Labor's demise.

At the same time we had Rupert Murdoch, who controls our media, tricking everyone into opposing Labor and any environmentally-friendly policy they tried to implement. Julia Gillard, the Labor Prime Minister who came to power in 2010 had her reputation destroyed over a single sentence that haunted her until she was finally replaced (by the Labor Prime Minister she originally replaced). What was that sentence? "There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead." She did not implement a carbon tax. She implemented a carbon pricing scheme as she said she would, but her opponents in the Liberal Party (they're right-wing and not actually liberals, that's just their name) called her a liar and the media ran with it.

Then the Liberal Party won the 2013 election and have undone all the good that the Labor party have done, environmentally or otherwise. Don't even get me started on what they've done to our internet infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I'll tell you why - our left-leaning party (Labor Party) that was in power from 2007-2013 tore itself apart with two Prime Ministers who backstabbed and sabotaged each other, leading to a minority government in 2010-2013 where Labor had to gain support of the Greens party and independents to pass legislation. You'd think that the Greens would work with the party trying to do something about the environment but they refused to support some key Labor policies because they "didn't go far enough" and helped cause Labor's demise.

At the same time we had Rupert Murdoch, who controls our media, tricking everyone into opposing Labor and any environmentally-friendly policy they tried to implement. Julia Gillard, the Labor Prime Minister who came to power in 2010 had her reputation destroyed over a single sentence that haunted her until she was finally replaced (by the Labor Prime Minister she originally replaced). What was that sentence? "There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead." She did not implement a carbon tax. She implemented a carbon pricing scheme as she said she would, but her opponents in the Liberal Party (they're right-wing and not actually liberals, that's just their name) called her a liar and the media ran with it.

Then the Liberal Party won the 2013 election and have undone all the good that the Labor party have done, environmentally or otherwise. Don't even get me started on what they've done to our internet infrastructure.
    That is just sad to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Indeed, I would stay indoors as well and just throw out garbage through the window.
    Staying indoors would not save you from breathing the polluted air though.

Like 90% of the country is uninhabitable wasteland. How the fuck did they manage to dirty it all up?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's always been legitimately clean wherever I've lived in Australia, Be it the North of Qld, Middle of the Coast or Melbourne. Some Areas/Suburbs are always outliers but we are hardly a dirty Country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecilexum View Post
    PUBLISHED: 15:11 AEDT, 25 September 2014 | UPDATED: 20:30 AEDT, 25 September 2014
    Mate, you gotta at least bring us something updated. As well, it is the Daily Fail..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Mate, you gotta at least bring us something updated. As well, it is the Daily Fail..
    Wouldn't it be better if people who actually lives there brings us updates on the whole situation?

10+ Year Old Account

Basically this in a nutshell. Australian populous got so manipulated by the media it was ridiculous. What's worse is we have compulsory voting. So we have a lot of people who have no clue who they are voting and what they stand for. Whereas not having a compulsory vote only gets the people that want to vote and know what for.

The current government is imploding so very quickly that if an election was held now (I wish) they'd literally get dumpstered. The most recent shit they've pulled is spending a $122 MILLION on a survey (plebiscite, its a referendum but NOT binding) where some of the current members have stated they'll vote no if the vote is yes anyway. Causing a lot of hate speech blah blah. Rather than helping our farmers that struggling through some pretty bad droughts.

With that said, most of the Australian populous lives on the coast, where we aren't affected by drought.

As for the 'dirty part' we're a mining country. With mining companies with lots and lots and lots and lots of money. Environment isn't going to win.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-10-30 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Start with the daily mail
    I completely agree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Staying indoors would not save you from breathing the polluted air though.
    The air in Australia is polluted? Didn't know that, I thought the article was about sea pollution.
    It's not like Australia is China with factories every 100m.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the same time we had Rupert Murdoch, who controls our media, tricking everyone into opposing Labor and any environmentally-friendly policy they tried to implement.
    I love how you lot seem to think Rupert Murdoch is actually this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss