Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    People are pissed because:

1. People in this movies act like idiots.
    2. The lore got butchered, iam mean the old movies dont make sence anymore also the plot of the new movies is cringy.
    Our creators want to kill us because we killed Jesus and now one of our Android who thinks he is God wants replace every life in the universe with his idea of life.
    1. How so? They usually have no idea what they're up against, and also people have major flaws like arrogance or cowardice, you name it. In which movie were they really smart? Is the problem here that the humans end up as fodder, while the android wins? That humans can't always endure based on their wit or will? Somehow, I feel that people are a little frustrated that we don't have an "Aliens"-ending, where the characters you like survive and blow up all the baddies.
    2. Well, the earlier movies didn't have any lore at all, it was all a mystery. Is the origin story of the alien creatures so terrible, that you can't enjoy the movies? I see it as rather classic, similar to Starcraft. You have a powerful "master race", which is gone, that has created vastly different races in different places, and the exploration of space makes for a violent discovery. I don't see how this is worse than almost all sci-fi movies that's starring some sort of alien race. I mean, how can anyone enjoy a Thor movie if the story has to make sense?
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    1. How so? They usually have no idea what they're up against, and also people have major flaws like arrogance or cowardice, you name it. In which movie were they really smart? Is the problem here that the humans end up as fodder, while the android wins? That humans can't always endure based on their wit or will? Somehow, I feel that people are a little frustrated that we don't have an "Aliens"-ending, where the characters you like survive and blow up all the baddies.
    2. Well, the earlier movies didn't have any lore at all, it was all a mystery. Is the origin story of the alien creatures so terrible, that you can't enjoy the movies? I see it as rather classic, similar to Starcraft. You have a powerful "master race", which is gone, that has created vastly different races in different places, and the exploration of space makes for a violent discovery. I don't see how this is worse than almost all sci-fi movies that's starring some sort of alien race. I mean, how can anyone enjoy a Thor movie if the story has to make sense?
    1. Sorry but the howl crew are experts on there level and must follow safetyprotocols or else you can use space trucker again and trying to touch a alien snake or go on a different planet without helmets is just retarded. There are many more things that are not logical and ofc i think about the flawed human mind that can make mistakes in panic mode but comeon noone act in this movies like a normal human.

2. Thats what made aliens great, the big unknown, the great cosmic horror on what maybe waits in the darkness of the universe.
    You dont go full Lovecraft and then you end it with a shity mix of Frankenstein meets Blade Runner thats poor writing.

Also Alien dont need a origin story and we dont need a bad origin story that dont make sence and then answer one question but give us 100 new questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    1. You have a bunch of scientist...head scientists at that, go down to a planet without hazmat gear. Even if the environment was Earth-like, that had no clue what kind of microbes (hehe) could have been on the planet or what they could've mistakenly introduced to the planet (think War of the Worlds and how the aliens died). If NASA blows up its probes for the 1/1,000,000,000 chance that the probe might contaminate a planet you would think a expedition crew would know better. The cyropods had better hazmat protection in a controlled environment than what the crew executed going into a foregin and potentially dangerous environment.

Also (its been a while since I've seen it so I forget names), you have the leader who didn't immediately arrest David after he realized David was behind the attacks. No, he lets David lead him into an egg room after he already knows David is using the crew as cattle.

Then you have Tennessee or whatever his name was risk the entire ship, thousands of lives on board, for one person.

Not properly vetting Totally Not David back on the ship. People are detained for look less similar to suspects.

2. They aren't talking about the movie making sense in the real universe, it inconsistent within the Alien universe. Its already been discussed like a page or two back but David being the creator of the xenomorphs are we know them in the first movie makes no sense since the crew in the movie stumbled upon a ship with an Engineer that was much older than the timeline set up in this movie. Also according to the movie and what it gives us, David wiped out the Engineers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I liked it.
    Think I would've enjoyed it more had I waited for it to hit redbox/netflix/whatever

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So I saw this film again and where to start...

Let’s make a few educated assumptions first;

A. We can all agree that the Covenant crew were highly educated, intelligent individuals since they carried responsibility for over two thousand colonists.
    B. The colonists’ survival was paramount and would have been the number one priority throughout their whole endeavour.
    C. Walter, was a physically improved version of David

Now that we’ve established this, quite a few scenario’s stop making sense.

SPOILERS AHEAD

The crew’s stupidity
    When the Covenant’s crew discover this new planet and decide to check it out, they exit their ships without any protective gear; no helmets, not protective suits, nothing. Even if the atmospheric scans didn’t show any signs of imminent danger, does this seem like a decision highly intelligent people in charge of a human colony would make? To stroll out of their ship, onto a new world with an unknown ecosystem without any precautions? It doesn’t, does it?

Once having egressed their vehicle, the planet quickly showed signs of past life; the wheat at first and the massive structure a bit later. How come the lack of any discernible living organism never rang a bell? Wouldn’t that simple fact put anyone remotely sane on high alert? What about the hundreds of humanoids that were obviously victims of a disaster?

Then, of course, we have the idiot that isolated himself to take two puffs of a cigarette; just enough to get infected by the spores and go back to the biologist taking samples. One could argue he took some distance in order not to compromise the scene, but it wouldn’t be a solid argument.

Then we have Oram, arguably the most stupid individual ever written by anyone. When he finds David standing in front of the Alien that had just brutally decapitated a crew member and asks him to move, he refused. Not only did David bask in awe at the sight of the beast that had already viciously murdered more than one crew mate, he also cried in agony when Oram unloaded his rifle on it.

A sane person would’ve shot David through the head after that. Not Oram, no. Apparently his stupidity had not reached the intended climax yet, for he lowered his gun and promptly followed David when he asked him to join him in his creepy cellar. Upon entering this cave like space Oram was confronted with the classic face-hugger eggs. With visible disgust in his eyes his approach was careful, until David told him it was “perfectly safe” of course.

Sure, trust a synthetic that had nearly lost his mind when you killed an unknown organism that had devoured your crew member. Why not?

He closed in on an egg and when it opened he practically stuck his face in it.

The perfect organism
    The first question that popped into mind when seeing the classic eggs was: “Why do these even exist?” Wasn’t David trying to perfect the Alien life form? Why then did his genetic modifications complicate the insemination and gestation? If you remember, two crew members were infected by spores secreted by small, nigh invisible egg-shaped organisms or fungi not long after having touched down on the planet. Doesn’t this seem a much more efficient way of inseminating human organisms, rather than having large, obviously disquieting eggs produce an organism that must impregnate you orally? It doesn’t make any sense.

Walter vs David
    The 'wolverine' self-healing android, gets his ass handed to him by the Windows 3.11 version of himself. Yes, very believa

As a long-time fan of the Alien series, I feel this film should be disregarded as a whole. The horrible writing and worse directing makes it frustrating to watch.

Films and stories in general, needn’t be realistic. But they do need to respect the reality they’re set in.

Ridley Scott should take the back seat; even David Fincher was able to create a more believable universe with the highly underrated Alien 3.

What a damn shame.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-01-26 at 08:07 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    Alien 1: a random space monster eats random idiots.
    Alien 2: many random space mosters eat many idiots.
    Alien 3: one random space monster eats random idiots.
    Alien 4: many random space monsters eat many random idiots.
    Alien 5: how did it come to the fact that a random space monster ate some random idiots.
    Alien 26: All out galactic war between space monsters and idiots.
    Alien 30: The galactic war now involves Old Gods and the very Universe is at stake.
    Aha-ha stop STOP aha-haa

P.S. Btw I'm big fan of first three stories, even learned English to watch em without translation, but that was too good. Cigar and glass of best Cognac to this esteemed sir.

Don't Necro threads, infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-10-15 at 11:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it better to keep one thread per movie? At least it would be more convenient, even if some necromancy is needed.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!