Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its so easy that its unsatisfying. Around 920+ilvl/66+ traits in 3-4 days or so.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Um.. don't you think it's a little contradictary to say gearing is easier now and saying it was easier before?

And no, you don't get to 66 or 930 in a few hours. You can get to 66 in a few hours maybe when we're at max AK, but the cap is is neverending. I see what you mean though.
    Yeah sorry, meant power-wise compared to your main, if it didn't come clear as that, my bad. Easier in Legion than in other expansions except WoD, thats better?^^

Now in Legion, especially after 7.2 its just as easy to get ready for raids. Before that though, harder than WoD, sure. I don't think anyone can argue that WoD wasn't the expansions when you could have lots of alts with good gear. I had 8 lvl 100s, most I ever had. Before that I had 4 chars at max level. But again, power-wise? Alts are having a great time in Legion

Getting high up on your traits now goes really fast. And that takes few hours played to get there. Effective playtime of course. Its not like we do all WQs, raids and so on and then sit there for hours then complain that they didnt get to 66 while they waited. To get above that though, yes, that takes a bit more.

The main point is(and this is not pointed to you), you can gear AND power up your alts faster than ever. People need to get rid of the WoD-mentality. You can't hang out in your Garrison and expect to be as good as everyone else and your other characters.

You want your alts to be good? Do the effort. WoD is over

Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    I've been playing WoW since 2007, through all walks of the game - top 40 US raiding, Gladiator in 3s, and that I have kids I stick to M+. It's of my opinion that in the current state of this game, it's extremely unrewarding to play an alt right now. Grinding for AP, relics, legendary items, and then going through Argus, etc.... again.... and again.... it sucks so bad to try and get an alt up to speed.

Either that, or it's really good right now and I've just been playing this game for too long.
    seems like you got out of touch with game - gearing up is examly easy

i dont want to be a dick but ill take a wild guess basing on what you written - withour CP gear you toons are no longer so "special" eh ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you are playing for the wrong reasons.

I find gear is really important for my main but I tend not focus on that when playing alts and rather enjoy playing the class for its differences to my main. Power & gear just comes naturally from playing more, you'll enjoy it a lot more if you don't focus on those numbers - especially at the moment, since organic AP farming is basically a huge waste of time.

Thankfully this AK thing is over soon.

I tend to find watching Blizzcon reinvigorates my interest in wow also might be worth a watch for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Its so easy that its unsatisfying. Around 920+ilvl/66+ traits in 3-4 days or so.
    This is where Blizzard always fucks up with WoW; they are great at going from extreme to extreme, but terrible at figuring out where the middle-ground is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Other than legendaries it has never been easier to gear alts in the history of wow. I have 2 alts I never play at 937 and 932 and my gf has an alt at 941. Gearing is a complete joke. Ap is handled through AK so the only thing that actually still sucks is the legendary system.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Outside of legendaries, it's very easy to gear up alts or arrive late into Legion.

Legendaries are awful tho. Nothing like getting your next alt to 110 and getting an Agrammar's.

Deleted
    930 In 2 weeks of casual play on my dk, I think your doing something wrong :/

Deleted
    Either that, or it's really good right now and I've just been playing this game for too long.
    No, you haven't. I've been an avid altoholic since mid-MoP and the alt-penalties imposed by Legion are just sad. Oh and don't even get me started on separate AP grind for each spec of your toon.

Once again,

I find it extremely hilarious that these folks who claim "lawl I lvl my alt casually to 920 in 1 week lawl ezpz" thinks they are anywhere near optimized for the content.

I have an alt DK which becomes my main for TOS tier. I played only that DK for entire of TOS tier. I have a /played time of 28days and my ilvl935 and I am still lacking a 2 slots of gear to be properly itemized. But the fact is, I am out dps-ing many 940-945s who are just wearing their highest ilvl gears.

Legion made it EASY TO GET ILVL which is in fact a bad thing. But it is NOT EASY to be properly itemized with correct stats and legendaries. When people say it's hard to level alts in legion, it means getting and alt to a equally itemized state as their main. Which can takes 1-2 months if you get screwed on legendaries.

For those "lawl i has ilvl 930 in one week" scrubs, you're the reason why I have to open up radier.io to filter thru crap players who don't know shits and decide that they could do a +15dungeon. Grow some brains people.

Sick of reading all these I HAS ILVL930 IN A WEEK ITS EZPZ posts.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyK View Post

Sick of reading all these I HAS ILVL930 IN A WEEK ITS EZPZ posts.
    This is because so much of the game revolves around ilvl. This is not a good practice from Blizzard because now the itemization system has been dumbed down to just one stat: ilvl.

Yeah, you can do a better dps at 930 with proper itemization than someone who is 945 with random gear, but if the group requires 945 to enter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy 930 gear from AH, do some Argus, Mythic+ and Boom! you're 930!

I've been playing WoW since 2007, through all walks of the game - top 40 US raiding, Gladiator in 3s, and that I have kids I stick to M+. It's of my opinion that in the current state of this game, it's extremely unrewarding to play an alt right now. Grinding for AP, relics, legendary items, and then going through Argus, etc.... again.... and again.... it sucks so bad to try and get an alt up to speed.

Unless you can explain to me why you are forced to do something you don't like doing, I don't see the point of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I've seen a lot of these threads before, but never with as much BS as this thread.

No. This expansion is not alt friendly, and it's not easy to gear up alts as it used to be.

FFS people, quit trying to be internet hero's are you 13 or something?

If this were the end of Cataclysm (or Wrath), I'd run a few dungeons, and I'd have an average item level of 915 (previous tier ilvl). My main right now is only ilvl 903.
    You're either telling BS or you have 0 idea of how to gear up.
    I just dinged 110 on my warlock on Wednesday. Played him on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. It's already 913 with 2 legendaries (one bought) and 65 traits in the weapon.
    Doing argus stuff gives you at least 650 veiled argunite per day, which is a free 910+ piece daily! Then there's the 2 weekly quests, which give you 600 VA combined. AND the world boss with 2 chances at ilvl 930+ gear per week. Veiled argunite alone gives you at least 10 ilvl 910 pieces per week.

Argus world quests offer 890+ gear which also titanforges a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    You're either telling BS or you have 0 idea of how to gear up.
    I just dinged 110 on my warlock on Wednesday. Played him on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. It's already 913 with 2 legendaries (one bought) and 65 traits in the weapon.
    Doing argus stuff gives you at least 650 veiled argunite per day, which is a free 910+ piece daily! Then there's the 2 weekly quests, which give you 600 VA combined. AND the world boss with 2 chances at ilvl 930+ gear per week. Veiled argunite alone gives you at least 10 ilvl 910 pieces per week.

Argus world quests offer 890+ gear which also titanforges a lot.
    yet another "lawl my alt 110 for a week im ilvl920".. #facepalm WoW community never fails to amaze me

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You werent done in other expansions before you had BiS gear then. All that grind to get BiS gear.
    You couldn't be more wrong. My mains didn't have BiS gear in previous expansions. BiS gear was an ideal to hope for but never to reach. Only lucky few could.
    But it wasn't needed so it was not an issue. In legion if you don't have the right leggos, right trinkets, right titanforged items, right relics, and exactly enough Artifact Power - you are a nobody.

My alt is the same ilvl as my main. But I wouldn't replace my main with my alt, because my alt has the stat balance all wrong (need crit/haste, but most of the gear has mastery/versatality) and no good leggos.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    But it wasn't needed so it was not an issue. In legion if you don't have the right leggos, right trinkets, right titanforged items, right relics, and exactly enough Artifact Power - you are a nobody.
    Yeah, thats exactly the same as in previous expansions. Now you don't have a proper bis list, you got bis legendaries. Thats it.

So if you didn't have bis on alts before you were a nobody? You can try as much as you like, its easier now to gear up and get powerful. The power is in the player, as always.

I mean. Try to compare it. Its exactly the same. You needed right trinkets before as well. Is that something new? No. Best gear is best gear, even if its about legendaries, trinkets or weapons.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-10-30 at 05:19 PM.

Grinding for AP .... it sucks so bad to try and get an alt up to speed.
    I don't believe you were ever some kind of high end player if you think you need to grind AP for an alt. I think you either don't know how the game works or you're just making things up to bolster your whine thread.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, thats exactly the same as in previous expansions. Now you don't have a proper bis list, you got bis legendaries. Thats it.
    No, it's not the same. There's a proper bis list. But without bis leggos, you are a nobody. It's not hard to acqurie them it just takes AGES and ALOTTAWORK if you are not lucky. There's also an issue of titanforging. even pre-bis items are harder to get at propper ilvl.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyK View Post
    Once again,

I find it extremely hilarious that these folks who claim "lawl I lvl my alt casually to 920 in 1 week lawl ezpz" thinks they are anywhere near optimized for the content.
    So by 'alt' you realy mean second main. If it were that easy to max gear BiS, you main would have been done 2 weeks after the tier came out, and you'ld be crying about "nothing to do". Can't have it both ways.