Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    What sort of weapon preference do you giys have btw? Like we more or less go with the best drop but what types do you prefer to get for your slots?

I mostly really prefer having a full auto and scout rifle to cover most situations. Smgs eat through ammo and clips. Most handguns dont spew enough lead to handle horses but seem to do well against priority targets.

I like to keep a variety of grenade launchers, shotguns, sniper rifles, fusion rifles etc and use them depending on the situation.
    For me personally I prefer Full Auto/Scout Rifles and my special is a Rocket Launcher. If I had to chose a second special weapon its a fusion rifle.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    For what the game has now (besides endgame its shit) its a solid experience IMO. But some aspects of the game do get old fast even if you play casually. If we go by bungies history you will lose content as expansion's come out.

A example of this is Nightfall's. You can do them now but if they release a new strike with the expansion you will not be able to do them unless you get the expansion.

Its something they did many time's before and did not fix it anytime at all.

Ya they made it clear early on they want the DLC to release on all 3 platforms at the same time. Its also why the game hasn't seen any major changes yet.
    Tbh, not just the endgame is shit. The campaign is downright pathetic. I thought I was 20-30% in when I completed the main story.

If it wasn't for the fact that it's one of the rare few coop fps games I'd bench it right now. A lot of the game design is pathetic, like how 80% of the talents aren't even viable if you plan on playing efficient. And how exotics often have buffs that really should have been talents.

It's a pathetic excuse for a pve rpg tbh.

So I just completed the campaign (which felt very lackluster to me), and now I'm level 20 and at end-game...

What exactly am I suppose to do now? Grind gear? I tried running some strikes and public events, even finishing up some adventures and the loot just seems really sporadic and most of the upgrades I do get are tiny upgrades. Is there a faster method to this or is this end-game pretty much where I just grind and hope for the best? I won't even mind the grinding but is there no semi-difficult coop stuff or something I could grind for gear instead that doesn't feel boring and repetitive?

I don't understand weapon upgrades either...feels like some of the upgrades I get are weaker sometimes. Am I suppose to just run with legendary/epic weapons and have a different set of them regardless of whether something else that drops is an upgrade or not?

Any advice for these two things would be appreciated. I want to give the end game a chance but on first look from the perspective of someone who came in completely new, it's not looking good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    So I just completed the campaign (which felt very lackluster to me), and now I'm level 20 and at end-game...

What exactly am I suppose to do now? Grind gear? I tried running some strikes and public events, even finishing up some adventures and the loot just seems really sporadic and most of the upgrades I do get are tiny upgrades. Is there a faster method to this or is this end-game pretty much where I just grind and hope for the best? I won't even mind the grinding but is there no semi-difficult coop stuff or something I could grind for gear instead that doesn't feel boring and repetitive?

I don't understand weapon upgrades either...feels like some of the upgrades I get are weaker sometimes. Am I suppose to just run with legendary/epic weapons and have a different set of them regardless of whether something else that drops is an upgrade or not?

Any advice for these two things would be appreciated. I want to give the end game a chance but on first look from the perspective of someone who came in completely new, it's not looking good.
    You just do whatever you want tbh
    rare drops are based on your power level, capping out at your power level -5
    legendary drops go a bit above and caps out at 265
    powerful gear can go above but is only obtainable from weekly milestones

your current objective seems to be power 265, which you can get by turning in reputation tokens at the different npcs for legendary engrams and slowly get more and more powerful gear.

the only thing hard to do atm is nightfall strike on prestige difficulty, but it's rly hard to do for now until you get a higher power level.
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2017-10-30 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    You just do whatever you want tbh
    rare drops are based on your power level,...

...the only thing hard to do atm is nightfall strike on prestige difficulty, but it's rly hard to do for now until you get a higher power level.
    This post ansrews a lot for what I was going to ask as well.
    So the first DLC can be expected to release quite fast then?

Quote Originally Posted by sanssel View Post
    This post ansrews a lot for what I was going to ask as well.
    So the first DLC can be expected to release quite fast then?
    It should be coming here in December - so more or less a month. Hardcore players will be bored already, while more casual ones should be right on the spot with decent gear if not capped.

I'm REALLY casual and i'm 230 with my Hunter. Other tips are doing the planet challenges (they reward quite a bunch of tokens for vendors) and lost sectors which are very fast solo "dungeons" that give also 2 or 3 tokens (look at the map for the symbols with two arcs and a dot in the center).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who are trying to increase their Power Level and have hit a wall. This is sort of intended by design. For example, a common wall is 265. Items will cease to increase your Power Level until you get an exotic engram, or complete a Milestone which offers you a Powerful Engram reward. Also, if you didn't complete any of your Exotic Missions (Blue Flag icon on each planet after the campaign has been completed), you can use these to bump your Power Level above that 265 hump.

The game sorta throttles your progression so you don't easily hit the Power Level cap in the first week. But there are ways around it as mentioned above.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

What's the point of lv15 epic gear contained in engrams when you need lv20 to acquire them? Also do exotic items work like heirlooms in wow so you can acquire higher level version of those items as you level up?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    What's the point of lv15 epic gear contained in engrams when you need lv20 to acquire them? Also do exotic items work like heirlooms in wow so you can acquire higher level version of those items as you level up?
    Any exotic you drop will be "saved" into your vault under the "collections" tab. Since you can equip only one exotic weapon and one exotic piece of armor, you're going to use the one better suited for your spec and use the others to boost up your equipped legendary power.

Any exotic you use as power fodder can be "recrafted" for a bunch of legendary shards and it will be at your current power level.

If you're talking about low level blue/purple gear, just shard it for tokens to give the weaponmaster for purple weapons (according to your power level).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Wow, Bungie really love reusing enemy types. Won't people get bored fighting those robots in D1, D2 and the D2 expac?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Wow, Bungie really love reusing enemy types. Won't people get bored fighting those robots in D1, D2 and the D2 expac?
    Not me. I love the Vex.

If things go the way they should, we should be learning a lot more about them in this expansion. If you're a lore geek like me, you would also be excited for this, as very little is known about the Vex. Less than any of the other races in the game.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Vex is one of the main enemies that dont have a whole lot of variance with their army structure. Im sure eventually well get new enemies, with new enemies comes a new race and im pretty sure that they hinted at us getting one with the end scene of the campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Not me. I love the Vex.

If things go the way they should, we should be learning a lot more about them in this expansion. If you're a lore geek like me, you would also be excited for this, as very little is known about the Vex. Less than any of the other races in the game.
    U happen to know if well get a new raid. I want to think that we will....

So it seems all the leaked/data mined details of the Destiny 2 season pass is true.....

Urggg.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    I mean Vex is one of the main enemies that dont have a whole lot of variance with their army structure. Im sure eventually well get new enemies, with new enemies comes a new race and im pretty sure that they hinted at us getting one with the end scene of the campaign.
    Ikora says that there are Vex from the Past, Present, and Future. So I am really hoping to see advanced Vex, or even ancient Vex.

Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    U happen to know if well get a new raid. I want to think that we will....
    I honestly don't know, but I really really hope so.

- - - Updated - - -

So it seems all the leaked/data mined details of the Destiny 2 season pass is true.....

Urggg.
    What particularly? I haven't payed much attention to the leaked details.

What particularly? I haven't payed much attention to the leaked details.
    This DLC leaked last month and Bungie confirmed it soon after.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/8/162...n-leak-mercury
    The first expansion for Destiny 2 is called Curse of Osiris and will focus on the titular Warlock who gave his name to Destiny’s most intense competitive multiplayer event, according to a product page on the Xbox Store.

Curse of Osiris will introduce a new playable planet, Mercury, with a zone called the Infinite Forest. This will be the first time that players have been able to explore the closest planet to the sun in story missions or open-world activities. So far, Mercury has only been playable as the setting for the Lighthouse, a social space in the original Destiny, and for four Crucible maps across both games.

The Lighthouse was accessible only to players who had gone on a flawless 9-0 run in Trials of Osiris, the high-stakes weekend Crucible event in Destiny. (Bungie announced yesterday that Trials of the Nine, the equivalent event in Destiny 2, will begin Sept. 15.) Osiris is a “legendary Warlock” in Destiny lore who served as a mentor for the Warlock Vanguard, Ikora Rey, according to the product listing for Curse of Osiris. Here’s the full description, which you can see screencaps of below:

Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris continues your Guardian’s journey with all-new story missions and adventures set in a new destination, Mercury. Journey through time and space to learn the secrets of Osiris, avert a dark future, and rebuild the ties between the legendary Warlock and his greatest student — Ikora Rey.

Features:

- Explore Mercury and its mysterious “Infinite Forest”
    - New story missions and adventures
    - New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
    - New cooperative activities
    - New competitive multiplayer arenas
    - And more...
    The information in the listing corroborates a report from Kotaku last week about Destiny 2’s first expansion. That report included the Curse of Osiris name and mentioned that the add-on will also open up the Lighthouse to all Destiny 2 players as a new social space in the game. “The DLC’s story will revolve around saving Osiris — who has been mentioned quite a bit in Destiny lore but not yet seen in the game — from the robotic alien Vex,” Kotaku reported.

One piece of information from the Kotaku story that isn’t included in the listing is the release window for Curse of Osiris: It’s reportedly scheduled to launch in December. That would be about three months after the debut of Destiny 2 itself — the same timing that Bungie and publisher Activision chose for the original game’s first expansion, The Dark Below. It sounds like Curse of Osiris will offer much more to players than The Dark Below, which was Destiny’s thinnest expansion even though it included a new raid. Curse of Osiris would be the first of two planned pieces of downloadable content for Destiny 2; together, they comprise the game’s $34.99 Expansion Pass.

We’ve reached out to Activision for comment, and will update this article with any information we receive. For more on Destiny 2, read our review-in-progress, and check out our extensive FAQ and our guide.
    That was before Bungie confirmed it. So its safe to say the rest of the leaks are true as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    This DLC leaked last month and Bungie confirmed it soon after.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/8/162...n-leak-mercury

That was before Bungie confirmed it. So its safe to say the rest of the leaks are true as well.
    Honestly sounds good to me. More content is a good thing. Pretty cheap too. $17.50 (if you consider two DLC's with the season pass)

Honestly sounds good to me. More content is a good thing. Pretty cheap too. $17.50 (if you consider two DLC's with the season pass)
    More content is good.

I just rather have some new race stuff or something is all. Ill wait for it to release to judge it, Just really didn't want to deal with the Vex right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    More content is good.

I just rather have some new race stuff or something is all. Ill wait for it to release to judge it, Just really didn't want to deal with the Vex right now.
    That's fair. That is how I would feel if the first DLC was Hive centered. I'm tired of them, but I absolutely love the Vex.

But I do hear you, I would like to see a completely new enemy soon.