Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt this, hope there isn't a new race...naga definitely doesn't make sense though
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

5+ Year Old Account
    To everyone complaining about pants/boots:

Did you even -watch- the video which applies the pants texture to the lower half of the torso/upper half of the tail? Who cares if they can't wear boots if they can still wear pants as a "Sleeve" for their forms? They look freaking amazing...

... though I hope we get a different head that allows for more fin/hair/face options.

And yeah, they'd need a mount animation, but it's not nearly as big a deal as people are saying. Between coil-flop and the fact that they've got a clearly defined "Butt" in their model (Seriously, watch them walk and move, they've got hips and a mono-leg under them rather than vertebrae all the way down inside the model) so they could "Sit" side-saddle pretty easily.

Deleted

This Video pretty much debunks all concerns and how they could be fixed. I for one think that Naga should be playable in an Azshara/South Seas expansion.

NO. NAGAS.

there are like 10 people in the world that want to play a naga.

focus on sub races mannnn
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    NO. NAGAS.

there are like 10 people in the world that want to play a naga.

focus on sub races mannnn
    Yeah what is there to focus on? It is only a switch to enable customization options as a lot exist already. Wildhammer, Dark Iron etc are all in the game already. Highmountain and Bloodhoof Tauren aswell. Several Orc Skins. Lighforged Draenei. All in the game. I would rather have a new unique Race than just some more customization options.

Naga to Horde.
    Ogre to Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    Yeah what is there to focus on? It is only a switch to enable customization options as a lot exist already. Wildhammer, Dark Iron etc are all in the game already. Highmountain and Bloodhoof Tauren aswell. Several Orc Skins. Lighforged Draenei. All in the game. I would rather have a new unique Race than just some more customization options.
    yeah, blizzard needs to focus. if they dont focus, we end up with a WoD of shit. or like 2 subraces at launch with more added every patch.

Fuck Naga.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

No Pants
    No Legs
    No Feet
    No Jumping
    No Mounting
    Looks Stupid

They need to fudge the lore a bit and give a reason to give them legs to appear more humanoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without all the pauses, the video would have been 3 minutes long.

Deleted
    Naga is the most realistic option for new race, no doubt about it.

All of the concerns are small and very easy to fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    How would they mount a horse?
    /thread

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Also if people really want reptile/saurian races, dragonkin for alliance and saurok for horde

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    No Pants -->Is already fixed with the current Model
    No Legs --> So?
    No Feet --> Draenei and Tauren don't have feet
    No Jumping --> Could easily be made by the animation team (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEUnYhJ5mrE)
    No Mounting --> Could be made by the animation team (https://imgur.com/a/dlrjf and https://imgur.com/a/3TBaw)
    Looks Stupid --> Subjective.

They need to fudge the lore a bit and give a reason to give them legs to appear more humanoid. --> No need, just a few touch-ups and Design-Choices make them a more valid option than High Elfs.

Just my thoughts on your concerns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    /thread

10chars

I think the coiled on top version would be more suitable, given that blizz uses largely generic animations for such things, many mounts would have you clipping well into the body if they had naga wrapping around the torso of it.

Naga are still unlikely imo, but i wouldn't be against them being a playable race.

Deleted
    No Pants
    No Legs
    No Feet
    No Jumping
    No Mounting
    Looks Stupid

They need to fudge the lore a bit and give a reason to give them legs to appear more humanoid.
    - There are pants.
    - They have a tail, so?
    - So? Worgen, Tauren and Draenei don't have feet and don't exactly have any real skins for them all the same.
    - Why no jumping? It can jump all the same, we're not talking RL animals here.
    - Why no mounting? Have you ever seen a woman in a dress on a horse on a side saddle IRL for example?

Lore fits perfectly. They are a rebel faction, separatists from Azshara since Elves are now perfectly fine with them using magic (reason why they joined Azshara in the first place) or Illidan's Coliskar Naga. There are plenty of Naga to join our factions, they would fit perfectly in terms of next expansion vibe and everything really.
    Last edited by mmoc56c829a066; 2017-10-30 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga? Yes please.

Also through in Murlocs while you're at it. I want my Murloc Warrior to kill
    things with its over-sized weapon yelling Murloc noises.

Seems like it would just be easier to create some lore in the 8.0 pre-patch in which a sect of Naga break free from the curse and have a spell cast on them so as to regain some of their past selves, meaning legs and feet.

naga please

Deleted
    Seems like it would just be easier to create some lore in the 8.0 pre-patch in which a sect of Naga break free from the curse and have a spell cast on them so as to regain some of their past selves, meaning legs and feet.

naga please
    Considering there are already Azshara-separatists it would be far easier to just let them be like they are

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDayYouMay View Post
    Naga has a decent possiblity of being the next WoW playable race

Why this is possible:

-Next expansion likely to be south seas/kul tiras based, which is perfect opportunity for this sea based race
    -Naga have been an established race since vanilla
    -Naga have recently been our allies, not just enemies
    -Can speak unlike murlocs

Concerns:

-Hard to make gear make sense, they no feet/legs
    -Everyone hates swimming in WoW
    Legs would work fine, legs allready work
    but boots yeah, but alot of races dont show boots

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

People who want "more elves" simply ask for one thing: Races that don't look deformed, monstrous or ripped like hell.

Subraces can fix that and I think it's more than welcome to have new elf subraces at the same time as every other race.

As fan of elf-like aesthetics and Priest, I totally support the Void Elf hype and I hope that it becomes a thing along with decent story background to support it.