Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That is an apology of a person that knows they are guilty and is trying to act like they might not be.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    The psychology of being closeted is dark and cruel and self-punishing. That Spacey has dwelt in that for years is sad. Not to mention how he hasn't been able to live authentically for the past 58 years. He apologised. What more do you want him to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Get off the soap box. You holier-than-thou lot make me so angry. May he without sin cast the first stone.

Humans are ALL redeemable. Even the ones that kill other Humans. Yes, even the ones on Death row.
    Sorry doesn't cut it when you tried to rape some kids.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is he coming out as Gay when he is clearly Bisexual?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I want it to be investigated and him and any possible witnesses questioned by Police. The fact the Spacey thinks it could have happened is, to me, alarming.
    30 years ago a sleazy, unwanted advance was made in private. And you think evidence would exist? Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    That sounds like "Rape Apology" for me . Oh, what you didn't think that SJW BS works both ways??
    But nobody was raped? Are you dense? Did you even read the article or the OP? He left the room. Which gives further credence to the idea that Spacey, then a 26 year old lad, was intoxicated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Sorry doesn't cut it when you tried to rape some kids.
    There is no proof that he tried to rape anybody.

But lets say for a second kevin admits that he made the advances and that Rapp rebuked him. So what? What actual crime was comitted.

I think you people have been watching too many episodes of the new season of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. LMAO

The psychology of being closeted is dark and cruel and self-punishing. That Spacey has dwelt in that for years is sad. Not to mention how he hasn't been able to live authentically for the past 58 years. He apologised. What more do you want him to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Get off the soap box. You holier-than-thou lot make me so angry. May he without sin cast the first stone.

Humans are ALL redeemable. Even the ones that kill other Humans. Yes, even the ones on Death row.
    yeah.. no... but by all means.. get back to me when YOUR 12yo kid gets raped by an adult and start your forgiving BS... I wont, that's for sure!

Hm ok now that I have read the whole apology and story and seen people's reaction to it I honestly don't care about this situation. The actor says Kevin was drunk and picked him up like a girl and then flirted with him on a bed at a party. He does not imply anything actually happened. Kevin also says he was drunk and does not remember the encounter. He probably was very drunk and behaved in an inappropriate way with a teenager at a party (what was that fragile kid doing at an adult party anyway?), but calling this sexual assault is reaching.

I think it would have been smarter if Kevin said nothing about this, but he did and people are lynching him over it. I hate it when people punish honesty. I see many people are blasting him for connecting this to him being gay, hurting the LGBT community, but ironically I think he is actually doing them a favor. Coming out should not be a publicized big deal, it should be whatever who cares.
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2017-10-30 at 02:45 PM.

You never answered my question. What do you want him to do? He apologised move on.
    They want to crucify him. Funny how people hate religion, yet behave exactly as they did when religion had a real grip on people. It's blasphemy to hit on someone these days. Sure it was very awkward cause he was drunk and "invaded" the private zone, but hey, awkward situations are the entire #metoo

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Hm ok now that I have read the whole apology and story and seen people's reaction to it I honestly don't care about this situation. The actor says Kevin was drunk and picked him up like a girl and then flirted with him on a bed at a party. Kevin also says he was drunk and does not remember the encounter. He probably was very drunk and behaved in an inappropriate way with a teenager at a party (what was that fragile kid doing at an adult party anyway?), but calling this sexual assault is reaching.

I think it would have been smarter if Kevin said nothing about this, but he did and people are lynching him over it. I hate it when people punish honesty. I see many people are blasting him for connecting this to him being gay, hurting the LGBT community, but ironically I think he is actually doing them a favor. Coming out should not be a publicized big deal, it should be whatever who cares.
    As a gay person...I'd have to agree with you! While this definitely seems to be troubling, before anyone is crucified, a LOT more facts are needed!

I see many people are blasting him for connecting this to him being gay, hurting the LGBT community, but ironically I think he is actually doing them a favor. Coming out should not be a publicized big deal, it should be whatever who cares.
    News flash, some gay actors are the ones blasting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post

This is really the fun part. The core of it. NOTHING HAPPENED, but half of the idiots here cry rape and assault. It's pathetic, really. But this sadly is how society seems to function lately. All the achievements in legal procedure and proper process out the window, witch hunts are making their big comeback these days. I really feel we tumble back into societal dark ages currently, not just in this regard.
    I've been here since page one and its the same people mentioning the word rape when even the original article never mentioned rape or even the word pedophilia/child-molestation.

Some people love to see successful people be knocked down a peg or two. Says more about them imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    News flash, some gay actors are the ones blasting him.
    Being gay does not automatically make you a smart person that is aware of how to promote the best interests of all gays across the world and time. It's like saying all women know what is in the best interest of women in society. Or all black people know how to deal with racism and move forward with the issues plaguing them.

No. Gays can be idiots just like women and black people can be idiots that actually hurt their own cause. Just look at feminists like Chelsea Handler, Lena Dunham and Kathy Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    yeah.. no... but by all means.. get back to me when YOUR 12yo kid gets raped by an adult and start your forgiving BS... I wont, that's for sure!
    No one was raped sweety. WTH are you even on about. And I find it ironic that you're assuming the moral high ground in this situation when you've just wished for me to experience my kids get raped. Haha

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is no proof that he was the p word. And even then being the p word is not a crime. There are many p words living well-adjusted lives and they have learnt to suppress their urges and you probably have crossed path with them before or they might even live in your neighbourhood. BEFORE YOU MAKE MY POST ABOUT THIS, I'M TELLING YOU ITS NOT ABOUT DEFENDING P WORDS BUT ABOUT USING THE CORRECT NOMENCLATURE. The only 'crime', and I use that word dubiously, is lifting the boy onto his bed which can be explained as drunken behaviour.

All I'm saying is that there are biggest things to focus your hate and anger towards than a gay 58 year old man whose nazi father used to beat up and molest until his late teens.
    I mean, the allegations are he attempted to force a sexual encounter (rape?) with a 14 year old (a minor). That's pretty damning if its true, and impossible to defend.

Also, im a huge spacey fan... House of Cards is tier 1, it is also pretty obvious hes gay.

Also, i would say hes an America hero for coming out as gay? like woohoo.... you're gay, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    You don't condemn the Greek philosophers for things that were socially accepted back then but not anylonger, what's different in this case?
    The difference is that, if true, the alleged actions do constitute a crime today and probably did also back in the 1980s. Spacey will likely get a pass as at this late date probably nothing can be proven about any of it. I'm not all hopped up to crucify Spacey; nor am I eager to sweep any of his possible misdeeds under the carpet either.

If any good comes of this it will be simply because we take the many things that are currently going on and use them to decide how we shall do things moving forward. I think society needs to look at the age of consent again as children are both sexually mature and active far earlier than anyone seems to imagine. At the same time, I think its reasonable to draw that line in the sand about older people seeking relations with younger folks and to err on the side of protecting younger people from the predatory behavior of others.

I lost my virginity, rather purposefully, at the age of 13 and half to a young lady of almost my exact age and to whom I was lovingly devoted. It was an idyllic and unforgettable experience that I cherish to this day. I am enormously grateful that my childhood is not marred by the sorts of experiences that too many other unfortunates seem to have instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one was raped sweety. WTH are you even on about. And I find it ironic that you're assuming the moral high ground in this situation when you've just wished for me to experience my kids get raped. Haha
    Why are SJWs like yourself the only people defending pedophilia?

You do know that trying to elicit sex from a minor, of any kind, is a crime right? Nothing you say or do will change that fact. But please keep talking. We love to know who our resident pedophile defenders are.

i fail to understand how ppl can excuse this.

he did it, that much is obvious because he didn't flat out deny it - which you would do if you're guilty. it's not like he was asked a "when did you stop sleeping with your sister" type question.

you are 1 of 2 people in this case: you support pedos, or you abhor pedos. myself? i work with kids, anyone who is a pedo should be in jail/suffer the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    14 years old and a boy IIRC?
    Yeah, it's only a boy so it doesn't really matter. #feminism in a nuttshell.

Anyway, I don't know, most of these allegations are from 20 or 30 years ago, now if they filed back then something could have been done. Now it's just shouting and pointing fingers.
    85% of the people claiming something are also people where you think "who the fuck is that?". I feel like a lot of those are just trying to get some attention. Might be something in it (like a movie part or something)

Go to the police, file a complaint, make them persue it.
    Keep it to yourself.
    Your claim has more merit that way, people might actually believe you.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Why are SJWs like yourself the only people defending pedophilia?

You do know that trying to elicit sex from a minor, of any kind, is a crime right? Nothing you say or do will change that fact. But please keep talking. We love to know who our resident pedophile defenders are.
    Who said I was an SJW? If I was an SJW I'd be wishing certain death on him like Floopa, without even knowing the facts!

I'm not on Kevin's side. I'm on the side of the victim which is Rapp but that doesn't mean I condemn Kevin to death or wish him harm. As I mentioned on the previous pages of this thread: Kevin is a tortured soul whose father abused him so I can find it in my heart to forgive him for allegedly touching a 14 year old (a grown kid basically who knows right from wrong and had a job) inappropriately 30 years ago.

Humans are flawed. There's no one who is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    provide proof he's innocent, or turn himself in. "i forgot what i was doing, i was under the effects of alcohol" is not an excuse.
    That's not how it works buddy. Innocent until proven guilty. You can't automatically assume something is true without a shred of evidence.