Quote Originally Posted by ChewyBerrie View Post
    What is your guys's take on Blizzard doing one name only expansions from now on? For example instead of WoW: Tides of Vengeance, it would just be WoW: Storms, or something like that. Whenever I see a leak I try to read the title in the voice of a TV advertisement to see how much of a "punch" it makes.
    Meh? If it works it works. For example, it worked well for Legion but it wouldn't work for any of the other expansions.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    This. Especially the bit about GW2. GW2 leveling and scaling is amaaaaaaazing. Higher level players still have more power than low level players in the same area, not exponentially so, but enough to make the content much easier, but still get rewards and experience for doing that content. I can go and help a friend, and get rewards for it. WoW needs this. GW2 does it, so it's 100% possible to do.
    The current WoW situation is deeply rubbish, I have to say. My wife and I have a bunch of characters we've been leveling, but if they get more than like three-four levels out of whack, they just can't do the same content at all, and it seems completely stupid, because the tech is there.

Like, when TBC time-walking is turned on, my L71 Hunter can group with her L103 Priest just fine (unfortunately time-walking is way crap XP compared to random dungeons, but that's a trivial fix), but the moment it turns off? Nope. Can still do Horseman together, indeed, my L110 DH can do Horseman with L30 Warlock or whatever, but why is it we can only do this tiny bit of content?

It's really bad with new/returning players, too. For example, a friend of mine wanted to come back earlier this expansion, but all his characters were in the L80-ish range (having left in Cata), and all my alts were sub-60 (at that point) or over 100. Sure he could make one character 100 if he bought the expansion, but he actually wanted to see MoP and WoD a bit (understandably), and I literally couldn't play with him unless I leveled someone up to his level, and stuck with him, and even then if he decided he wanted to play another character? Welp... I'd then likely be unable to play with that.

It's just silly. So I really hope Blizzard have SOMETHING for us here. There are a multitude of different possible approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    daily reminder murlocs will be playable next xpac
    Nope, Tortollan will.

We've got the turtle face in the Tomb of Sargeras, that's irrefutable proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Meh? If it works it works. For example, it worked well for Legion but it wouldn't work for any of the other expansions.
    Er... Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You know what's weird? Of all these fake leaks, I think ONE had Kul'tiras in the name.
    Good. Anything that has Kul'tiras in its name, makes things VERY underwhelming. It's almost like Pandaria, AKA Filler.

At this rate, i'd rather watch Naruto's Filler over WoW's. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    World of Warcraft: Ascension
    snip
    Look, if you want WoW 2, just say you want WoW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    WoW: Storms sounds like a weather forecast to me ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻
    I know XD I'm not good at thinking of names on the spot, so dont expect any fake leaks from me :P, just tried to come up with a quick example.

I agree, I'd like the same. That's probably my biggest hope(outside of dinosaurs). Another revamp through several expansions. Their team is bigger now, so it's possible! Likely though? Proooooobably note. We can hope though.
    If they do a second world revamp, I am guessing half of their team would be laid off within one or two years. cuz world revamping was the worst idea ever, they wouldn't be crazy enough to try that again.
    old zones just need to stay old and untouched, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone been looking for the trademark yet or have Blizzard found a way around that. I remember Mists of Pandaria being quite well known before Blizzcon. Nothing this year ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Never say that. WoD was bad, but not Naruto filler bad.

I can feel the real leak coming. Going to have to read every page now...
    The real leak's going to happen the day BEFORE Blizzcon.

It'll likely be in some lowercase letters, and shit. However, people will go past it, while i'm here, believing it.

Ya know? Like WoW Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
    I'd like to see Flails, even if they would be just Maces.
    Likely to see more of those, after they introduced them in artifact appearances in Legion.

As for another revamp of old content: the question is, why would they. It's an expenditure of development resources and effort that simply isn't necessary, especially with boosts. The older the game becomes, the smaller the potential audience for new players that want to level through "everything". 120 Levels sound pretty daunting to most players.

After Cata they pretty bluntly stated that that focus in development on leveling content was a mistake. I can see them making tweaks to the new player experience, or simply slapping rough scaling on all old content, that wouldn't require too much. But full-on revamps, with art assets and new stories etc? Nah, never again.

While yes, they could allocate those resources to new zones, there comes a point where end game content is vastly superior in every way to the leveling content. And we are at that point. Lore is wanky, things aren't connected pre-Legion, leveling is disjointed. It needs to be updated at some point to bring it all together, especially for new players. If Blizzard wants to keep bringing in more players, they need to update the game again.
    No amount of updating is going to get some sudden massive wave of new palyers that don't exist.

People don't care about MMOs anymore. Blizzard would be much better off bringing back older players with more content in 110-120 and at 120, than they would be neglecting the end game for the nearly non-existent new players. I don't see what is wrong with end game being vastly superior. That is where most of people's time is spent, so it should logically also be where most of Blizzard's time and resources go.

I'd rather not sacrifice potentially new and interesting places and quest lines and dungeons/mounts/characters so that I can kill trolls in northeastern STV instead of humans under Kurzen. Or Naga invading silverpine instead of Worgen invading Silverpine. Seems like really shallow content.

Good. Anything that has Kul'tiras in its name, makes things VERY underwhelming. It's almost like Pandaria, AKA Filler.

Pandaria was an amazing expansion. Simple as that. I want another Pandaria. Tired of this world ending depression.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    As for another revamp of old content: the question is, why would they.
    A better question: why ARE they? Because they are currently messing around with a LOT of older content.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thulvaso View Post
    Has anyone been looking for the trademark yet or have Blizzard found a way around that. I remember Mists of Pandaria being quite well known before Blizzcon. Nothing this year ?
    The last indexed trademark Blizzard grabbed was Fireside Gatherings in 2016. They're not going to grab the Trademark in a publicly accessible database until November 5th, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Never say that. WoD was bad, but not Naruto filler bad.
    WoD was filler up to Archimonde. Then, the main story continued.

At least with Naruto's filler, it maxes at 2 months. With WoD/MoP however, it's 2 years.

The real leak's going to happen the day BEFORE Blizzcon.

It'll likely be in some lowercase letters, and shit. However, people will go past it, while i'm here, believing it.

Ya know? Like WoW Legion.
    If I miss it mind sending me a pm lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria was an amazing expansion. Simple as that. I want another Pandaria. Tired of this world ending depression.
    Same. I want tropical island hopping, not another world ending crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
    I'd like to see Flails, even if they would be just Maces.
    Flails would be really cool, as would whips. I'd love to see a new thrown weapon too (too bad no one uses them anymore though)

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The biggest problem with the current leveling system is not the old hands players who've been here since forever trying to level alts and feeling annoyed at outleveling zones while wearing every heirloom available and chugging XP potions before they log off in taverns for maximum XP increase.

The problem is the massive, and evergrowing, hurdle that it creates for new players who are just starting WoW. For people who kind of need the starting areas as their handholding tutorial because they've never tried something like this before.

Those players have no heirlooms. No money. Nothing. They're dropped in a world they don't understand that is primarily populated by NPCs and the occasional farmbot for some goldseller. Once they've finished their tutorial they're dropped into a zone where the quests are clearly marked but the more of them you do the less XP you gain as you reach the end of the leveling path before you reach the end of the questline that moves you on to a harder zone.

Removing the upper end of the limit ends that problem. Or pushing it to 100 or whatever method you prefer. Suddenly it doesn't matter -how- much time you spend in a given zone, the content is fit for you with no random XP dips. And when that questline moves you to the next zone it doesn't matter that you're 5 levels over the minimum to get in, the enemies are scaled to you and the questline never breaks.

Like lowering the XP required to level, the level at which players gain access to mounts and flying mounts, and other changes this lowers some of the barriers of leveling that new players have to overcome to get to "The Good Stuff". And that is worthwhile.
    The problem with this statements revolves around the fact - or opinion - that the leveling experience sucks "donkey balls." The entire game was streamlined in Cata; there's no sense of exploration; the mobs are trivial, and you out-level everything before completing 1/3rd of a zone. Yes, leveling scaling will solve the last two issues, but only a revamp will solve the questing-on-rails and lack of exploration issue. The game is in need of a major overhaul!