lets take a look at the bigger picture. at one point we will not have anything left on Azeroth to fight against. At that point, we will leave this planet and go to others. And this is already teased. The invasion points show us other planets, that could be explored.
    To me it would make more sense, if we finish off everything left on Azeroth. This means we deal with the old gods, Azshara, Hakkar and the Zandalari, maybe even the Infinite Dragon Swarm, and see mostly everything that has been hinted at over the years (Undermine, Tel-Abin, Zandalar, etc, I even expect characters that did not show up yet to make an appearence, Samuro for example). I think thats the point why they changed the big threat the burning legion to the bigger thread the void lords (or event tease that void and light might both not be what we think they are).
    With chronicles they started (at least it looks that way to me) to lay out a lore guideline to move on from that point and have everything written on paper (to make it canon), this just seems to me that they want to tell a cohesive story from now on. There wont be something that is unclear. Chronicles will make clear lines and statements to questions we have asked for years. Thats just my wild guess, I have no real proof of that, but honestly, they would have to remade the whole planet to start off new storylines.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The void can't fall. It's a fundamental force of the universe, like gravity. Also light can't exist without it.
    I am guessing that the void won't be the arch enemy against warcraft heroes at all. It would be just like the second law of thermodynamics of our universe where entropy would just grow larger and larger until there is no more spare energy to use, and the universe dies. it's not because the void (entropy) is evil, it's just the way of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    Yes. He spoke the truth. MoP was awful.
    He didn't. MoP wasn't awful and wasn't a filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Just as a point of pedantry, that's not exactly true. In fact, it's completely untrue.

When WoW launched, there was no LFG tool whatsoever. Instead there was a chat channel called LFG - but it wasn't global and IIRC, it wasn't quite zone-limited either, it was even more odd than that. People rarely used it - instead going back to Org/IF (and yes, IF, not Stormwind, generally) to try and get people for stuff.

Then eventually in Vanilla they made the LFG channel global. Unfortunately, because it was the only global channel, it became, in like, a week, the global shit-talking channel. WoWwiki claims it was city only, but there was a period, and maybe you needed a mod for this, I dunno, but there was a period, a short one, where you could talk shit from anywhere in it. Then it became city-only for realz, and pretty much useless and continued to be filled with shit-talking.

Throughout this time, we were begging them for an actual LFG system. Loads of other games had them. Some, by even this period (2005/6), were pretty much as advanced as the current (2017) WoW LFG tool is. Even the shittiest ones (like DAoC's one from, say, 2003), were massively more advanced than "global shit-talking channel".

In TBC they deleted the LFG channel and added this completely shit and 100% worthless "LFG tool". I mean literally it served no purpose. I dunno if anyone EVER found a group through it. Someone probably used it religiously, but they're weird. It was total rubbish. The meeting stones were okay. WoWwiki alleges that the LFG channel came back but only if using the tool, which no-one used. I mean, I organised and participated in an insane number of quasi-PUG Heroics and raids in TBC and never once did I involve that tool. You were much better off asking someone in the group to ask their guild, or just getting whoever with in a city to ask in Trade or General.

That sat around being completely worthless until 3.3.0 when we got random dungeon finder, which gradually got upgraded.

We didn't get a REAL LFG tool until er... later? I don't recall when that first came in.
    I honestly never had a bad experience with LFG. I always got responses and groups but it took a lot longer (20 minutes to 1 hour) than today.

But, my point was that LFG is something important people used, and still use today. It never broke social interaction, it just made it easier.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-10-30 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    did you silly call mop a filler?....
    Yes, yes I did.

Also, Tortollans are worse than Gnomes. *Laughs*

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In fairness, most Alliance architechture at that point usually were unfinished(Seriously Blizz, STOP THAT).
    What, you don't like our buildings being half stone and half wood planks with people hammering at it for two years?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean at least he called it a Naruto filler. He could have called it a Bleach filler . . .
    What we need with 8.0 is One Piece filler?

I feel like we're getting something that none of us will expect. I would love a south seas/KT expansion, but I truly feel like we're going to get something completely random. Whatever it is, as long as its not brown and green fel and demons everywhere I'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    bleh
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

God I cannot wait for Blizzard to crush me again like they did before announcing WoD. I am SO excited for my hopes and dreams to be crushed when an hour before the reveal I'm ready for ocean, pirates and zandalari only to get something completely left field and weird as hell (time travel Orcs in space!).

Just bought my 32 pack of PBR and some honey whiskey in case it's REALLY bad, like void elves in K'aresh or something.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Legion has never done that, for me. Neither did WoD. There were times in either where I'd stop and take a moment to look at how nice the world around me was, but it was never a vista, never stepping onto a ledge and seeing beauty laid out before me, you know? Aszuna and Stormheim both tried some of it, but it just didn't -quite- get over the hump.

Pandaria's leveling and vistas are what I hope we get in the South Seas.
    I don't think that necessarily has much to do with Legion, though, because for me, Legion absolutely did have some "amazing view" moments, as did MoP. I think that you didn't feel that way likely has more to do with your personal reaction to Legion's general appearance vs. MoP's general appearance.

I suspect South Seas would only do that for you if you found the aesthetic as appealing as they of MoP, no matter how others might feel. It could totally nail that for 90% of people and still fail to nail it for you.

WoD was a more obvious failure, because whilst it has some very attractive zones, the way that they're presented to you is less impressive. I've never quite been sure what they thought that they were doing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    One Piece has no filler. It just pads out content to make extremely slow paced episodes so they don't catch up the manga.

What about this 2013 trademark?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    One Piece has no filler. It just pads out content to make extremely slow paced episodes so they don't catch up the manga.
    There is some filler, just not 50 episode long arc about some random dude who has some random nine tails clone inside him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    What about this?

theDarkBelow.png
    The legend never dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    God I cannot wait for Blizzard to crush me again like they did before announcing WoD. I am SO excited for my hopes and dreams to be crushed when an hour before the reveal I'm ready for ocean, pirates and zandalari only to get something completely left field and weird as hell (time travel Orcs in space!).

Just bought my 32 pack of PBR and some honey whiskey in case it's REALLY bad, like void elves in K'aresh or something.
    Wurlurds of Durdurrnor

The title itself made me cringe and laugh, my annoyance amplified by the concept. It's like Lich King of Northrend, Cataclysm of Deathwing, Demons of Outlands, and *insert old TCG title xpac here*. Plus it's orcs blowing hot steam and oil.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-10-30 at 03:49 PM.

tdb.jpg
    Inb4 The Dark Below and Council of Glades are dungeons, like Eye of Azshara was.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I don't think that necessarily has much to do with Legion, though, because for me, Legion absolutely did have some "amazing view" moments, as did MoP. I think that you didn't feel that way likely has more to do with your personal reaction to Legion's general appearance vs. MoP's general appearance.

I suspect South Seas would only do that for you if you found the aesthetic as appealing as they of MoP, no matter how others might feel. It could totally nail that for 90% of people and still fail to nail it for you.

WoD was a more obvious failure, because whilst it has some very attractive zones, the way that they're presented to you is less impressive. I've never quite been sure what they thought that they were doing there.
    It's definitely possible. But the reason I say it for Legion is because in the Broken Isles we were in Dalaran, above it, to begin with. So every time I flew to a totally new zone in one of the "Scouting Mission" things, I saw most of it before I got close enough to really immerse in it. Sort of an overview? And then the Argus content was all blocked off with the same stone walls until you got out to Antoran, but you wound up in the same "Coming through Canyons" for a lot of that one, too. Mac'Aree was a lot better for it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I honestly never had a bad experience with LFG. I always got responses and groups but it took a lot longer (20 minutes to 1 hour) than today.

But, my point was that LFG is something important people used, and still use today. It never broke social interaction, it just made it easier.
    I think "still use today" is a bit misleading, because the LFG tool today is something vastly superior to previous iterations. I dunno when you started using it. I'm guessing Cata or later?

As for 20mins to 1hr, yeah that's probably true. Thing is, in TBC/Wrath, I could get a group together in a fraction of that time by asking guildies and/or friends (esp. if they then asked guildies and/or friends). I mean, we're literally talking groups assembling in 5 minutes.

But I know my 5-minute experience was unusual, because people were always super-fucking-excited when my wife or I came online, because like "Oh great you guys now we can actually get a group going!", and we'd often be picking people up who were telling us horror stories of how long it took to get a group together the night before (when we were off) or the like. Now the modern LFG tool (not RDF/LFR) lets me assemble groups pretty quickly too.

I mean I certainly agree RDF/LFR didn't cause anything bad to happen, really, because before them, people were increasingly quitting because the whole endgame was group-based and they couldn't get groups. I would never have come back to WoW without them myself. I mean, when RDF came in, I had mixed feelings, because people were no longer so excited when I logged in, but it also made it so there was less pressure on me to always be organising groups and so on. When I switched over to EU servers because I was no longer working nights, though, if RDF/LFR hadn't been there? Well, I'd just have stayed not playing WoW, gone on to some other MMO, most likely.