Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So he says he's not sure about the incident, but apologizes if he offended the person, and people are accusing him of being a gay pedophile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Zero tolerance on folks that prey on kids and try to fumble with pseudo-excuses.
    Neither do I, but hoping for something like that to happen doesn't make you any better.

Wow ... House of Cards got cancelled over this. Report Netflix for being homophobic.

Deleted
    Have other people come crawling out the woodwork yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    I have to say: gray area. Rapp is gay, and my opinion on this is affected by something that happened to one of my friends years ago.

When my friend was 15, he had known he was gay since (as he told me) he was 10. He told me (years later) that when he was 15, he was propositioned by and had sex with a 32 year old co-worker of his father. I started to tell him I'm so sorry, honored that he would trust me to tell me, etc etc

he said: " No no, don't. It was frigging great. Some of the best Ive ever had. I looked forward to every excuse I could come up with to "go biking" or "go hiking" and then I would sneak across about 2 miles of woods and go to his house. Went on for about 6 months till he got a new job and moved. I have no bad memories of it at all."

So, gray area. Life isnt all black and white, despite what the law might say.
    The guy came out and said it was sexual assault, and that Spacey forced himself on him. What about those statements indicates to you that he might have enjoyed/wanted it?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The guy came out and said it was sexual assault,nand that Spacey forced himself on him. What about those statements indicates to you that he might have enjoyed/wanted it?
    It doesn't, and if he is being truthful about it, then Spacey's got a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    And youre wrong again ( like always) Trump SAID bad stuff BEFORE he was in office, Clinton DID horrible things while in the white house ( and tried to cover it up).

if for you its the same, youre literally a lost case.

its 2 different planets, yet totally same for you.
    You would have to ignore the shit he did as governor for this to be true.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    So, gray area. Life isnt all black and white, despite what the law might say.

I have to echo this as well...I remember *ME* at 14 (which, coincidentally , was around when this happened) - and I would have (and did) fool around with just about anything with a pulse (human of course ) Not apologising for Spacey - he should have known better - even drunk. Unfortunately - as anyone who has gotten just a little too tipsy knows - inhibitions are the first things out the window (usually followed by clothes ;P)

One thing to note - I do love all the posturing here in this thread. Even if this event had come to a different conclusion - he would NOT be a pedophile - since the definition of that is a sexual attraction to prepubescent children. I can't recall ever meeting a 14 year old who was prepubescent.
    Last edited by Eliandal; 2017-10-30 at 10:47 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If more dirt comes out, no doubt Netflix has a clause in the contract that says they can reject the series. I don't think they would do that with just this one fellow's story but if there are lots.
    According to this person, the decision to end the show was made months ago.

https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/925075526825394176

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    According to this person, the decision to end the show was made months ago.

https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/925075526825394176
    That's really disappointing about the show. There's been a whole lot of buildup.

Deleted
    People make mistakes. He never raped him.

Horrible is true, I do like his work but child molestation is never okay.

They cancelled House of Cards? Damnit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Neither do I, but hoping for something like that to happen doesn't make you any better.
    Fair point. Apples and oranges to compare, but I understand what you're getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    People make mistakes. He never raped him.
    Sexual misconduct can still leave permanent damage on one's psyche especially on a minor.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Sexual misconduct can still leave permanent damage on one's psyche especially on a minor.
    Depends on what he did. If he just leaned in to kiss, no.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Wow ... House of Cards got cancelled over this. Report Netflix for being homophobic.
    Liar liar.

The show was going to end one way or another, and it's not "cancelled", it'll have a final season to tie things up.

Imo, they've sort of jumped the shark already with the show... I've never rolled my eyes at the show before the final scene of the latest season...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I think we should all be very careful and not try and crucify this man who is an extremely apologetic and redeemable figure who has done more good than bad. I've been on twitter this morning and many people are bashing him for trying to deflect with him coming out as gay.
    I even feel bad for him because it was such a long time ago and he cannot remember. There's no right or wrong way to apologise for doing something like this. I think all the holier-than-thou crowd should have several seats and shut up.
    If the allegations were in fact the truth than doing "more good than bad" does not make up for the fact that he tried sexually abusing a minor. Many good deeds don't cancel out the more heinous wrongs, regardless of how much good the individual has done elsewhere.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2017-10-30 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    Did he actually do anything illegal? from what i gathered a 14 year old (at the time) believed Kevin spacey was coming onto him but nothing physical actually happened.

Assuming he did come onto a child that is course disgusting and immoral. Trying to distract from that fact with confirmation he was gay in his apology was also disgusting.

But not sure anything can come from this. a 30 year old testimony from a child and a drunk man about objective things like 'coming onto' that didn't end with any physical acts. I think the boat for justice and truth as long since sailed. hopefully Anthony Rapp can find peace of mind with apology at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    Hopefully it is about the child molestation rather than coming out. It's 2017, barely anyone cares if you come out anymore
    and yet there are a LOT of stories of within the gay community in which an older mentor, is responsible for a young man's first homosexual encounter.

This may not be the prevailing narrative, but it happens more than people care to admit, mainly because people don't want gay to become synonymous with pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That's really disappointing about the show. There's been a whole lot of buildup.
    It really seems terrible that in this day and age they would cancel such a blockbuster show because the star came out of the closet. I hope that people will protest this decision.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn