Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Will WoW still be Diablo-ified next expansion?

I quit WoW in Legion after ten years of raiding because random very strong legendaries caused some people to be 10+% ahead of others on pure RNG and the only way to fix it was months of grinding, titanforging devaluing mythic loot and incentivizing grinding old content (especially mythic+) too much, and artifact power meaning an insane grind to switch specs or play alts.

I haven't looked at news much, will the next expansion still be WoW Diablo? I ask because I might want to come back if all those terrible changes were reverted.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the new systems i like getting loot and not killing a boss only to see only gold and a high repair bill im so glad those days are long gone.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I really hope it wont and they will realise that Legion has been just a big shit fest, on friday were gonna see what they have in mind
    Artifacts are out so the AP grind stops at least I guess

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ion seems to not be backing down on the RNG element, so yes.

Only thing that'll likely get scaled back is the Legiondaries.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to stop having 5 different levels of gear. One item, one set of stats. It feels very diablo-like when I'm pushing to get a minimally better upgrade of the same item I already have.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new expansion isn't announced so we have no idea.

It is likely, I think, that they will overhaul the legendary system given the backlash it has received. At the least I think these RNG legendaries will be restricted to utility bonuses.

This is the first expansion since Cata, that saw me keep my subscription during the whole thing. And the numbers seem to back up my feeling that a lot of people liked the pace and the gameplay as a whole. Yeah, I think it was fun and engaging, and I hope it stays that way.

OR...... they could listen to all five cranky kids who didn't like it, make the whole thing another WoD and see their subscription numbers plummet again. Idk what sounds more probable...
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Ethereals are actually animated toilet paper.

If other people doing better than you because they got lucky with RNG then maybe RPGs aren't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I really hope it wont and they will realise that Legion has been just a big shit fest, on friday were gonna see what they have in mind
    Artifacts are out so the AP grind stops at least I guess
    i can guarantee there will be some sort of ap type grind next xpac. get used to it.

If you ask me, WoW needs to be more like Diablo in terms of game mechanics. Just with less RNG.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Well since we know from legimate leaks, that the next expansion is titled World of Warcraft 8: Diablo 4

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Well since we know from legimate leaks, that the next expansion is titled World of Warcraft 8: Diablo 4
    I wish I could upvote this! xD
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Ethereals are actually animated toilet paper.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it is, new Gear system is great.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If other people doing better than you because they got lucky with RNG then maybe RPGs aren't for you.
    Rng because personal loot isn't kind to you on a given night is one thing. But lets face it, its kinda B.S to have a guild mate at 935ilvl because of RNG and hasn't even been on in the past 4months, barely cleared normal, never came close to finishing a heroic or mythic and not to mention does absolutely zero mythic+ or invasion points...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. Considering 40% of former Diablo 3 staff is now working in WoW since 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Rng because personal loot isn't kind to you on a given night is one thing. But lets face it, its kinda B.S to have a guild mate at 935ilvl because of RNG and hasn't even been on in the past 4months, barely cleared normal, never came close to finishing a heroic or mythic and not to mention does absolutely zero mythic+ or invasion points...
    And the other side of the coin is if the people who play alts or are coming back from long breaks can't catch up in gear relatively quickly they'll be complaining about it. Wasn't one of the big anti-Legion battle cries about how "alt unfriendly" it is? That's the thing about a game with a player base this huge. Any negative you can possibly think up there will be someone out there who sees it as a positive.

Yep they've already stated they like the direction

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    The new expansion isn't announced so we have no idea.

It is likely, I think, that they will overhaul the legendary system given the backlash it has received.
    ^ this is why I'm pretty confident they're gonna scrap the current leggo system next expac. It would be really weird if they doubled down on a system that is like the #1 community complaint from the start of legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, but I fucking hope not.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I quit WoW in Legion after ten years of raiding because random very strong legendaries caused some people to be 10+% ahead of others on pure RNG and the only way to fix it was months of grinding, titanforging devaluing mythic loot and incentivizing grinding old content (especially mythic+) too much, and artifact power meaning an insane grind to switch specs or play alts.

I haven't looked at news much, will the next expansion still be WoW Diablo? I ask because I might want to come back if all those terrible changes were reverted.
    I can't honestly believe you ever played the game seriously if you quit for those reasons, but either way don't bother coming back.
    The legendary system sucked at the start but if you actually played the game you would have every one for your class months ago.

The other two things you mention are not real. Titanforging occurs in Mythic raids too, and the AP catch ups allow people to get multiple weapons up extremely quickly.

Ask yourself this. Will you be a winy casual who doesn't want to actually have to PLAY the game to be the best you can be next expansion?

The answer to both questions will be yes, I'd imagine.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV