Welp Thorn is apparently confirmed for Curse of Osiris.

Its gonna be fun to see the PC pvp crowd go "oh ha that dumbass must be using sunspot in pv-OH GOD WHAT" for the first week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Here is the list of content you can do.

1) Raid.
    2) Nightfall.
    3) Pvp.
    4) Spam Public Events.

All to try to get max light level 305.
    I'll do Raid tomorrow. Can it be done over and over again for loot or only once per week?
    Nightfall only gives me 265 loot so no point in that
    I would rather PvP in Overwatch
    What's the point of spamming Public Events? I get Exotics from time to time but they all cap out around 274.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    there is an ingame voice thing to talk to fireteam members, i have mine disabled as i team up with clan mates in ts, this game is focused on having a clan primarily for group content.
    But there is no clan chat though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Titan - Best
    Hunter - Second
    Warlock - Should just disable. Shameful.
    This right here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    this used to be the case, but they destroyed titan gliding. hunter > titan > lock
    Even though Titan skating got nerfed, I still feel Titans have one of the best jumping abilities in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I'll do Raid tomorrow. Can it be done over and over again for loot or only once per week?
    What's the point of spamming Public Events? I get Exotics from time to time but they all cap out around 274.
    You can earn loot from the raid once per week per character. And you want to do the Nightfall for the Powerful Engram....that’s the real reward that will help boost your light level.

1) Once per week.
    2) Nightfall gives a powerful engram.
    3) You do PE's with the mix of the Nightfall and rep vendors to get your light level up. You can reach light level 305 without ever stepping in the raid. Its a hell of a grind tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1) Once per week.
    2) Nightfall gives a powerful engram.
    3) You do PE's with the mix of the Nightfall and rep vendors to get your light level up. You can reach light level 305 without ever stepping in the raid. Its a hell of a grind tho.
    How can it be true that I can get to 305 with rep vendors when the engrams seem to stop at 265? I have had well over a dozen legendary engrams today and all were 265. I can't seem to hit 280 no matter what I do. I did like 5 Nightfalls today and 10 PEs, got 2 exotics that were same level as my equipped.

How can it be true that I can get to 305 with rep vendors when the engrams seem to stop at 265? I have had well over a dozen legendary engrams today and all were 265. I can't seem to hit 280 no matter what I do. I did like 5 Nightfalls today and 10 PEs, got 2 exotics that were same level as my equipped.
    nightfall only gives high level rewards once per week. as for you exotic luck, thats just bad luck on your part.

You got to get Powerful Engram's that push you past that 265 wall. Once you reach 270 or so the vendor engrams are higher. You also rotate out items and boost other items. Its a hell of a grind and so many no lifed it the first week of Destiny (on console). Also roll alts to repeat said nightfall's.

That is why we had some people above 300 (Like 302) before the raid came out.

Also to save your endgame quests for when you hit that 265 wall. Like the quest to get MIDA.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-10-31 at 01:52 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got my Warlock to level 10 and unlocked Voidwalker. Happy now that I have Blink. That floaty jumping was giving me ulcers. Loving the Hunger build so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Just got my Warlock to level 10 and unlocked Voidwalker. Happy now that I have Blink. That floaty jumping was giving me ulcers. Loving the Hunger build so far.
    Devour build is op. Only build that can give titan a run

10+ Year Old Account
    So is today reset day for the PC?

Nevermind, googled and it is, time to get fucked over by RNG when I get home from work later!
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-10-31 at 09:08 AM.

So I picked this up for PC last week and I've been enjoying it so far. I had a cross country trip last weekend so I only just hit 20 on my hunter. I started running around the tower and unlocking all the endgame content. I picked up an exotic engram from Zavala... Did I make a mistake? I haven't decrypted it yet. Does it scale with power or is it locked at 216?

Reading reddit and other various sources out there make it seem like I've made a mistake. There definitely seems like there's a "right" way to play and I'm still fumbling around in the dark so to speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    So I picked this up for PC last week and I've been enjoying it so far. I had a cross country trip last weekend so I only just hit 20 on my hunter. I started running around the tower and unlocking all the endgame content. I picked up an exotic engram from Zavala... Did I make a mistake? I haven't decrypted it yet. Does it scale with power or is it locked at 216?

Reading reddit and other various sources out there make it seem like I've made a mistake. There definitely seems like there's a "right" way to play and I'm still fumbling around in the dark so to speak.
    It will be Power LEvel Locked once it has been picked up. But don't worry about it too much.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account

Once you've accepted a quest engram, or picked one off the ground, its power level is set so just decrypt it.

It will be Power LEvel Locked once it has been picked up. But don't worry about it too much.
    Good to know...
    Is there anything I should absolutely worry about doing too early or accidentally dismantling?

Also is there a transmog type feature other than shaders? (Should I be holding onto armor I think looks good)

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know...
    Is there anything I should absolutely worry about doing too early or accidentally dismantling?

Also is there a transmog type feature other than shaders? (Should I be holding onto armor I think looks good)
    Don't worry about dismantling any exotic gear. It can be repurchased from your Vault at any time.

Legendaries should be dismantled with caution. Particularly weapons.

There is no Transmog, so if you do like a certain legendary armor piece, hold onto it.

Oh! And additionally, keep your Ghosts. Each one has a different set of perks. I personally keep them all so I have each perk ready for when I need it.

Good to know...

Well, given how everything can scale up to 265 automatically then it's the infusion game, don't worry about dismantling stuff. Even exotics, they'll be saved in your vault and you can craft them again for 10 shards (at max 270 power depending on yours).

As for xmog: given how you equip only 1 exotic piece at a time, your power level isn't tied to appearences. basically if you find a piece of gear you like, you can infuse it with the higher power ones and keep the look while increasing its power. So your 290 helm that is horrible can become feed for that awesome 215 helm you like, and it'll end having 290 power with the good looks.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, given how everything can scale up to 265 automatically then it's the infusion game, don't worry about dismantling stuff. Even exotics, they'll be saved in your vault and you can craft them again for 10 shards (at max 270 power depending on yours).

As for xmog: given how you equip only 1 exotic piece at a time, your power level isn't tied to appearences. basically if you find a piece of gear you like, you can infuse it with the higher power ones and keep the look while increasing its power. So your 290 helm that is horrible can become feed for that awesome 215 helm you like, and it'll end having 290 power with the good looks.
    I'd still say be cautious of dismantling legendary weapons. If you are new to the game, and don't know which weapons are most powerful, and dismantle it, but never get it again, you will regret it.

I'd still say be cautious of dismantling legendary weapons. If you are new to the game, and don't know which weapons are most powerful, and dismantle it, but never get it again, you will regret it.
    Or be like me, receive a legendary sidearm from a blue quest, infuse it into your own, and realize the next step of this quest at the cryptarch require you to use the gun that drop to kill some fallen! Yup, be careful with them..!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Or be like me, receive a legendary sidearm from a blue quest, infuse it into your own, and realize the next step of this quest at the cryptarch require you to use the gun that drop to kill some fallen! Yup, be careful with them..!
    You should be able to reacquire that weapon from the quest giver (at lower power level though).